Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

12 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

980 is officially dead.

Junkies are going to be simulcast on 980 and KS will do 10-1pm starting on Monday. 

I guess that kind of explains why Pete was gone, maybe he got wind of this early and said F-U. 

They say what is happening from 1pm on?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

I guess that kind of explains why Pete was gone, maybe he got wind of this early and said F-U. 

They say what is happening from 1pm on?

Not yet, but I would bet on some horrible mixture of Doc, Scott Jackson, Russell and Lynell.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Not yet, but I would bet on some horrible mixture of Doc, Scott Jackson, Russell and Lynell.

That Burgundy and Gold show seemed like a placeholder anyway.  Any show with a rotation of the B-team utility guys wasn't gonna survive changes.

Edited by justice98

Sportstalk is in a really bad place here. I don't know if that's the case in most cities. Podcasts are easier to keep up with. They don't take callers. They are just better in general.

I honestly don't have an issue with 106.7 and 980 simulcasting. But then they'd need to more and better shows.

If I had my way, it would go.

6am-9am - Junkies (I don't like they but I get a lot of people do)

10am-1pm - Sheehan is fine there. But he needs a cohost who can talk more than just football

1pm-3pm - I guess Grant and Danny. I don't have anything that much better for now, would def replace with some diversity if I could. Female host. Former Baseball or Hoops player. Something better.

4pm-7pm - I'd keep Hoffman but he needs a cohost too. Maybe a group like the old Sports Reporters on 980 was with Andy/Czabe/Galdi/Solly

No show should be more than 3 hours. 

Grant and Danny do not deserve their own show IMO.  They are just so bad together and they go off on so many tangents just jerking each other off with stupid little inside jokes and dumb **** like that.  

I would take Russel and whoever over them two any day of the week.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Grant and Danny do not deserve their own show IMO.  They are just so bad together and they go off on so many tangents just jerking each other off with stupid little inside jokes and dumb **** like that.  

I would take Russel and whoever over them two any day of the week.

on point #1, I won't argue. Grant would be a sidekick/update guy on a good show.

Chris Russell has been doing this way too long to be still unable to complete a sentence or even most words. I can't listen to him at all. He cannot speak clearly or on the fly. 

Just now, @DCGoldPants said:

on point #1, I won't argue. Grant would be a sidekick/update guy on a good show.

Chris Russell has been doing this way too long to be still unable to complete a sentence or even most words. I can't listen to him at all. He cannot speak clearly or on the fly. 

I like Chris when he has someone else with him.  When he's by himself, he can be painful to listen to.  But I thought him and Pete were pretty good.  Pete kept him in check.

I can definitely understand why people are annoyed by him though lol.

Just now, purbeast said:

I like Chris when he has someone else with him.  When he's by himself, he can be painful to listen to.  But I thought him and Pete were pretty good.  Pete kept him in check.

I can definitely understand why people are annoyed by him though lol.

I cannot stand to hear him squawk,
The jumbled words of Chris Russell on Sportstalk.
He stutters, halts, and speaks with strife,
A messy maze of thoughts and life.

I will not listen in my car,
I will not listen near or far.
I will not tune in here or there,
I cannot take it anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2023 at 11:14 AM, @DCGoldPants said:

I am not sure who is worse--Grant, Danny, or Chris. They are all awful. The main problem is they're idiots. And not only that they're idiots--they're the worst kind of idiot--the idiot who doesn't think they're an idiot. After Bmitch and Finlay it's a wasteland of stupidity.

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I am not sure who is worse--Grant, Danny, or Chris. They are all awful. The main problem is they're idiots. And not only that they're idiots--they're the worst kind of idiot--the idiot who doesn't think they're an idiot. After Bmitch and Finlay it's a wasteland of stupidity.

Russel knows he's an idiot and that people don't like him.  He is very self aware and jokes about it often.

The other 2 however are not.  They think they are the best thing on the radio in the DMV.  They have no clue how painful they are to listen to when they are together.

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

After Bmitch and Finlay it's a wasteland of stupidity.

I don't listen to them much at all. Is it me or is there a lot of dead air on their show? Like somebody talks and then silence for 5+ seconds. Never felt Brian particularly liked Finlay. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I don't listen to them much at all. Is it me or is there a lot of dead air on their show? Like somebody talks and then silence for 5+ seconds. Never felt Brian particularly liked Finlay. 

Finaly's baseball takes are pretty bad, but other than that, I find them entertaining 

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Finaly's baseball takes are pretty bad, but other than that, I find them entertaining 

Did notice recently that all those shows have some younger employees who they put in the air. Heard one earlier today when I was flipping taking about mini golf. I missed the beginning of the topic and flipped to music after 20 seconds. 

21 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I think they're trying to get the pacing better so they aren't constantly talking over each other. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Whoever comes, I think NOT opening up the phone lines is paramount to maintaining audience sanity. These people are so dumb now. Good grief. Elementary school level intellect 

Agreed. Every caller is the same. "yeah, I'll make this quick..." before not making it quick. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Oh man yes the callers on 980 are absolute morons. That lady Sabahz or whatever her name is, how the heck is she a Doctor...

Sitting on hold and then sounding terrible. I don't get why someone would want to do that.

At least in the 90s, the Jim Rome callers had their **** rehearsed and ready or he'd dump them. 

Right now I'd prefer if they took callers. Have them leave a 30 second message so the show's producer maybe finds a couple that are good enough to put on the air.