Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Shanahan Tells All on ESPN 980 (RGIII, McNabb, Manning, Haynseworth) Link included w/ Audio

Boss_Hogg

The only group I've lumped them in is two coaches who have suffered under Snyder. 

And I have no idea what you're talking about. Just read this: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/dan-snyder-joe-gibbs-and-being-hands-off/2011/06/03/AGi1ryHH_blog.html

Are you joking? three of the last 16 years haven't been complete failures. I'm gonna keep assuming Snyder's involvement is a net negative but enjoy your fantasy world

Reading the link, the only real falsehood I see in there is Snyder saying that he didn't talk football with Gibbs.  As the owner and with Gibbs being his top football guy, they had to talk football at some point.  Course, I don't know what the actual context of the quote is, since I can't watch the video at work.

The rest in there can be defined as "support".  Also, the owner does define what the football operation does, at the very least by his hires.  The people who run the football operations are a refection of the owner's desires.

tl;dr

but I was never arguing Gibbs didn't have better results. My point is that Snyder was involved in personnel decisions during both tenures, but only Gibbs is given a pass according to some posters.

Considering the average adult reads at 300 words per minute, and his post was 222 words, if you cant be bothered to spend just 45 seconds reading a post than I dont think a discussion board is right for you.

Considering the average adult reads at 300 words per minute, and his post was 222 words, if you cant be bothered to spend just 45 seconds reading a post than I dont think a discussion board is right for you.

Yeah, but you also have to factor in how boring and repetitive his posting was. If it was some riveting stuff maybe I'd make it through the entire post. 

One thing I dont believe, is how can Dan call himself a Redskins fan. yet want McNabb, after watching year after year, him throwing ground balls when playing us so frequently, that he actually made the games close?

Sure that Monday night debacle and a few other showings, but what the hell did Dan see in McNabb?

The only group I've lumped them in is two coaches who have suffered under Snyder. 

And I have no idea what you're talking about. Just read this: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/dan-snyder-joe-gibbs-and-being-hands-off/2011/06/03/AGi1ryHH_blog.html

Dude you said "the DEMONIZE SHANAHAN group is that Gibbs is given a free pass." That is lumping or grouping if you prefer. You said it not me. And that article you referenced means nothing. I read it before. DS is pretty consistent.

Gibbs said exactly the same thing - DS was hands off in player evaluation. When it came to sign who they wanted he helped get the players and signed the checks. He did the same thing with Shanny. Again, I quotes a direct quote from Joe Gibbs stating that DS never, and he said NEVER meddled or interfered with player evaluation. He provided support and had a good rapport with the agents. 

MS said the same at first and now is trying to cover his ass by saying some of the decisions were not his.

Don't make statements like "the DEMONIZE SHANAHAN group is that Gibbs is given a free pass." and expect to be given a free pass yourself.

I'm not commenting on who in the FO wanted him but McNabb was coming off a pro-bowl year

It didnt work in hindsight, but imo that was more because the team was poor then anything else and Ried knew we weren't a QB away from anything

What? You originally stated that I was making up the fact that Shanahan blamed the McNabb trade on Snyder. Now you're saying your argument all along was about how good McNabb was? Huh?

Dude you said "the DEMONIZE SHANAHAN group is that Gibbs is given a free pass." That is lumping or grouping if you prefer. You said it not me. And that article you referenced means nothing. I read it before. DS is pretty consistent.

Gibbs said exactly the same thing - DS was hands off in player evaluation. When it came to sign who they wanted he helped get the players and signed the checks. He did the same thing with Shanny. Again, I quotes a direct quote from Joe Gibbs stating that DS never, and he said NEVER meddled or interfered with player evaluation. He provided support and had a good rapport with the agents. 

MS said the same at first and now is trying to cover his ass by saying some of the decisions were not his.

Don't make statements like "the DEMONIZE SHANAHAN group is that Gibbs is given a free pass." and expect to be given a free pass yourself.

Haha, cool story bro, but I was making a generalization of a broader sentiment among multiple posters. I didn't mean to say that every Redskins fan in the world feels that way. 

What? You originally stated that I was making up the fact that Shanahan blamed the McNabb trade on Snyder. Now you're saying your argument all along was about how good McNabb was? Huh?

Is that what I'm saying? Or was I replying to the post directly above mine? Randy's post that asked why McNabb. But since you already admitted you don't really reads post you may have missed it.

Is that what I'm saying? Or was I replying to the post directly above mine? Randy's post that asked why McNabb. But since you already admitted you don't really reads post you may have missed it.

Whatever you do, don't address the part where you were proven wrong

Quick question, what is the end goal here with this conversation and is that end goal even remotely achievable on an internet forum?

Really curious what your expectations are of message board threads

When did anybody suggest Griffin wasnt struggling as a traditional drop back pocket passer? Nobody did.

There is a huge chasm to cover between you declaratively stating that he is the worst pocket passer we've ever seen and others acknowledging that yes, he was awful at times last season and needs a lot of work.

Not sure what thread you are reading

See posts 639 and 645, those posters most certainly were defending his pocket ability. They decided to trot out stats like career QB rating, which obviously included RO plays, and completion percentage from last year, when he was reduced to throwing nothing but short passes because the coaches understood his limitations, as some sort of proof that I didn't know what I was talking about, 

Take a look back and let me know what you think. 

Whatever you do, don't address the part where you were proven wrong

GTN- dg wasnt saying dan ordered the mcnabb trade. he said this-

I'm not commenting on who in the FO wanted him but McNabb was coming off a pro-bowl year

hes saying why we would potentially be interested in him.

they are 2 different things.

(of course, this explains why there are still 'why are you defending dan snyder' posts....)

I appreciate you clearly have a viewpoint here, but making claims to things being fact that are no more than conjecture is just realistic. Not to mention the whole calling him names and giving him ugly labels just shows your bias against him, despite your earlier claims.

Your quote:

When 2 different coaching staff as well as most of the locker room, hates your guts that's pretty revealing.  As were his comments recently about his play this season.   He blamed the ankle and the coach, again, for his poor play instead of looking in the mirror.  What exactly does that say?  

They hate his guts????   Two coaching staffs and most of the locker room??  Where did you get this data? Please show me the actual article from actual people in the locker room that said these words - And I don't mean Sally Jenkins, Skip Bayless, Wilbon or Stephen A Smith. I mean players. coaches. people that were actually there. You can't. All that rhetoric is just that, rhetoric.

Demanded??  Please show me the credible resources that can prove he "Demanded" the plays be removed. Again, this is hearsay made up by peope anting their 5 minutes of fame or to just sound important.

You are completely ignoring the fact that all players lie about being injured unless it blatantly obvious!  And this is a young and immature young man who wants to play. MS is the HC. He is the one who should have the cooler head and make the right decision. He has a medical staff there. It was clear after the Ravens game he was not going to let you know if he is really hurt. So as the HC you have to do it for him. IT's YOUR JOB!!

But just for one insane moment let's say you are right. MS and RGIII came in every day and fought like cats and dogs and RGIII talked to everyone like crap and made sure they knew he was king dog even though was playing like crap. Let's assume that that's even half true.   WHO WAS IN CHARGE?????   It was Mike Shannahan. Not a 1st yr HC. A guy that had been In the league at several places. He had experience. Even if all those things were true, it's still on Mike for letting him get away with it.

Not sure what point you are trying to make on the last 3 games. I already said he screwed up by starting him in the opener, so yea since I was one of those people I sure as hell remember!!   May want to read that part of my post again. My point about the last 3 games is he lied about why he did it. If he just said Roberts not playing well enough we need to give Kirk a chance, while he think he should have done that much earlier, I would at least believe him.

It's way too easy to listen to the BS out there and just dump all over Robert. It's a bit too convenient for me, so I try to look at the facts and data not the rhetoric. The facts say they all made mistakes and they all get some of the blame, but when you are the guy in charge, you get most of the blame.   MS supposedly had full control of the team. If he didn't exercise it that it's on him.

So now you are calling me a liar for claiming that I was a huge Griffin backer?  Awesome.  If I cared more I'd post links from the other board. 

LMAO at you taking my line "hate his guts" so literally.  It's an expression dude, calm down already.  I'm not going to bother responding to the rest of this post given it's tone.  . 

Pretty sure he realizes this doubtful as to whether or not it makes a difference to him.

now, id better go back and edit, cuz i know someone is going to not get what i meant.

seriously, though. selective listening/reading really does explain alot of the more 'interesting' posts in this thread. i'm finding myself reading some posts several times saying to myself 'what the hell?'

Archived