Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DN: Texas boy suspended for saying he could make classmate ‘disappear’ with ‘Lord of the Rings’ sorcery

Zguy28

Ridiculous.Talk about over-reactive.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/texas-boy-suspended-bringing-ring-power-school-article-1.2099103

Texas boy suspended for saying he could make classmate ‘disappear’ with ‘Lord of the Rings’ sorcery

Tolkien lore led a Texas boy to suspension after he brought his “one ring” to school.

Kermit Elementary School officials called it a threat when the 9-year-old boy, Aiden Steward, in a playful act of make-believe, told a classmate he could make him disappear with a ring forged in fictional Middle Earth’s Mount Doom.

Read the rest at the link or search online.

I'm starting to realize why some Christians are hated so much.

if the child threatened was not a Christian and was actually terrified of the threat(and there was a pattern of prior bullying/intimidation) would you still cling to your bias? 

I read this story last night and feel that something is missing from the narrative.

And how often does that feeling occur when it comes to school suspensions like these and later you find no there really wasn't anything missing (other than the ability to instantly fire idiotic school adminstrators).

I'm starting to realize why some Christians are hated so much.

Would have been better if you'd said "Texans" instead of "Christians". 

----------

If I just alter the facts to fit an alternate reality, then can I use that as an excuse to accuse you of something that I really want to accuse you of, in this case?

OK, so I paraphrased things a little. :)

And Marylanders, Coloradans, Ohions, Floridians, North Carolinians, New Yorkers and others.   I think if we started firing school adminstrators over this  maybe we'll see less of this type of stupidity(If they are this stupid why have them around kids).

Posted from comment section of stroy link.

"......school suspensions are a 7 yo in Md poptart gunshape, 5yo Hello Kitty bubblesgun at busstop, two boys playing cowboy and indians on playground, a paper gun thrown away, a 5 yo with a mohawk haircut, 6 year old in Co kissed a girl on hand, a 9 yo My Little Pony backpack abt bullying, 10 yo in Oh for pointing finger up in the air saying boom, 11yo in Miami haircut shaved with team logo, a 3rd grader shaved her head in support of friend, said she violated school dress code. A 13-year-old was handcuffed, arrested and brought to juv facility for burping loudly in class. Middle schooler suspended for hugging his fem friend, school has a no hugging policy, NY 4 hs boys knelt down like Tebow betw classes, 40 students joined and were suspended for causing a hallway jam, 9 yo in NC said his teacher was cute, substitute heard it reported it for sexual harrassment, 5th grader brought nasal spray and suspended, Ten honor roll seniors in New Orleans who were suspended for singing “We Lift Our Hands in the Sanctuary.” in the cafeteria during lunchtime".

They really aren't.  Just curious as to why you bring your hatred of Christianity into this thread?

if the child threatened was not a Christian and was actually terrified of the threat(and there was a pattern of prior bullying/intimidation) would you still cling to your bias? 

More of a self awareness thing.  We're (being a Christian myself) quick to lump things into categories and automatically assume evil or bad intent  where there is no wrong.  Probably falls into "not all thoughts should be posts" I apologize.

I feel the over-reaction by the school would have been fairly similar elsewhere.   Obviously he frightened another child, which in today's world is considered bullying.  It's a shame that cool heads cannot prevail anymore.

More of a self awareness thing.  We're (being a Christian myself) quick to lump things into categories and automatically assume evil or bad intent  where there is no wrong.  Probably falls into "not all thoughts should be posts" I apologize.

I should not have reacted as harshly.  Mea culpa.

I should not have reacted as harshly.  Mea culpa.

No, you're good.  As I said, probably should have stayed in my head and not on the screen.

Terrible that the kid is being adversely treated because adults are incapable of rational thought, as someone said earlier cooler heads should prevail.

Anatomy pictures?  A toy ring?  Just stupid.

GOP is full of anti-science rhetoric.

They are anti evolution

anti-climate science

anti-vaccine

Is there any real surprise they believe in hocus pocus of this sort!

If I had a ring that let me be invisible, I wouldn't give it to my friend...

No, you would find it too "precious" to share

no need , I like bias :) .......even against some Christians

I'd probably fit right in during the Inquisition.

that the story of a in-school suspension in nowhere land reached this point kinda makes me question things though.....I'm biased that way

Archived