Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CONFIRMED: Scot McCloughan has accepted offer to become Redskins GM: Per Michael Robinson, Albert Breer and Ian Rapoport

Boss_Hogg

Dan fired Marty do that he could get back to meddling. Played GM during Spurrier. Was extremely involved in free agency and the draft with Gibbs. A TINY bit for Zorn? Ok. Shanny certainly didn't feel like Dan kept his fingers out of everything and let the coach do his job.

Not sure how to help you.

If you don't even recognize the total, complete control Shanahan had, there really is no hope for you.   Given you must, in the end, yield on that, we go to Zorny.   The initial working arrangement was the same as with Gibbs.   Zorn had great authority.   Cerrato was bumped a bit beyond Gibbs time based on Gibbs' recommendation.   As Zorn was flailing, Snyder forced things on him at the end.

Given Zorn's massively successful career since, we know for certain who was right to provide him some help and who was not that good.

We know Gibbs had total control.   So, for 8 of 10 years we have ZERO concerns with Snyder interfering and for the other two we are blessedly glad he did and wish he'd done more given the flop that was Zorn.    We know he left Spurrier to his own devices, which, of course, meant little, since Spurrier didn't care anything about anything like that.   He just wanted to be a ball coach who didn't work that hard and got run.

Still, the VAST evidence is Snyder hires a strong person to lead the organization and stays out of the way.   Yet morons continue to suggest otherwise.   Why be in the camp of such people? 

Thanks for the link Skins.  Loved this from JLC at the end of the piece. 

"Maybe, just maybe, McCloughan is catching Snyder at is lowest point, more vulnerable than ever, truly on wounded knee, willing to win on someone else's terms rather than continue losing on his. The mere possibility, for long-suffering Skins fans, is almost too tantalizing to conceive of."

Nice Wounded Knee reference that absolutely nobody will give JLC **** for,..

Scot certainly has his work cut out for him. There's a pile of paperwork,couple of thousand emails,who knows how many hours of game "film", and a whole lot of evaluations waiting for him right about now,(among other things).  Damn near sends my ADHD in to overdrive thinking about it. Matter of fact,I need to get up because pigs are my favorite color. 

I imagine after his talk with Bruce and Dan, that the first stop would be Jon Gruden's office, to see what his take is on the state of the team, and what he is looking for scheme fit wise etc, then DC business, talk with OC, scouting dept etc. Busy, busy days ahead for sure. If this was in the works for a while, or at least a possibility then hopefully he already has some idea from watching film etc.

Still, the VAST evidence is Snyder hires a strong person to lead the organization and stays out of the way.   Yet morons continue to suggest otherwise.   Why be in the camp of such people? 

If you are implying Shanny didn't listen to anything Snyder or Bruce Allen had to say with regards to some of their trades, you are wrong.

If you are implying Shanny didn't listen to anything Snyder or Bruce Allen had to say with regards to some of their trades, you are wrong.

If you're implying an owner having an opinion on something is interference or meddling, you are wrong.   

That was easy.   Glad to fix your issue.   Meddling is that owner who has that opinion FORCING his people to do it over protest.   Kind of like Bill Cosby with girls.   Ok, that was wrong.  I am sorry.

If you're implying an owner having an opinion on something is interference or meddling, you are wrong.   

That was easy.   Glad to fix your issue.   Meddling is that owner who has that opinion FORCING his people to do it over protest.   Kind of like Bill Cosby with girls.   Ok, that was wrong.  I am sorry.

Then we agree on all points.

He was actually being offensively racist in the opposite way that he took heat for. The implication he used was that the NFL is run by these old white guys who are openly racist behind closed doors and view blacks as mere apes... Sometimes I have to check the calendar to see what year it is: "yep it really is 2015 and not 1948."

Well, he said what he said so it's in the past. Some people will hate his post, some wont, not a big deal. Let's just be happy that we now have a good GM :)

Not fair to bring in the Cosby parallel. For starters, Cosby didn't do anything over the womens' protests as they were too drugged TO protest lol...

Let's hope Snyder won't get any ideas and spike his new GM's diet Sprite when it's time to turn in the draft card.

Not sure how to help you.

If you don't even recognize the total, complete control Shanahan had, there really is no hope for you.   Given you must, in the end, yield on that, we go to Zorny.   The initial working arrangement was the same as with Gibbs.   Zorn had great authority.   Cerrato was bumped a bit beyond Gibbs time based on Gibbs' recommendation.   As Zorn was flailing, Snyder forced things on him at the end.

Given Zorn's massively successful career since, we know for certain who was right to provide him some help and who was not that good.

We know Gibbs had total control.   So, for 8 of 10 years we have ZERO concerns with Snyder interfering and for the other two we are blessedly glad he did and wish he'd done more given the flop that was Zorn.    We know he left Spurrier to his own devices, which, of course, meant little, since Spurrier didn't care anything about anything like that.   He just wanted to be a ball coach who didn't work that hard and got run.

Disagree with a lot of this.   If the premise is that Snyder has not been a meddlesome owner with isolated exceptions, I think that's just patently disingenuous.  I obviously have no inside knowledge, but from what I've heard and read:

1.  Snyder and Cerrato used to have Friday lunch (not just during the end of Zorn's period) to go over the plays for that Sunday;

2.  Snyder was involved in the McNabb trade;

3.  Snyder was involved in the RGIII trade;

4.  Snyder was heavily involved in the draft during the Zorn years (Malcolm Kelly)

5.  Snyder directly contributed to the feeling of entitlement RGIII had, which directly impacted on-field results as it made him feel empowered to choose not to run parts of the offense;

List goes on.  I, like many of us, believed when Shanahan came around that it would put an end to the meddling, but I was wrong.  

Has the paperwork been submitted to the league or not?

I don't think there would be a reason for the NFL to conclude we didn't break the Rooney Rule already if we hadn't hired McC officially.

Was wondering why nothing was announced.

Don't official announcements usually wait until the press conference, even when it's all done and definite?

Not fair to bring in the Cosby parallel. For starters, Cosby didn't do anything over the womens' protests as they were too drugged TO protest lol...

Let's hope Snyder won't get any ideas and spike his new GM's diet Sprite when it's time to turn in the draft card.

I stand corrected :)

Disagree with a lot of this.   If the premise is that Snyder has not been a meddlesome owner with isolated exceptions, I think that's just patently disingenuous.  I obviously have no inside knowledge, but from what I've heard and read:

1.  Snyder and Cerrato used to have Friday lunch (not just during the end of Zorn's period) to go over the plays for that Sunday;

2.  Snyder was involved in the McNabb trade;

3.  Snyder was involved in the RGIII trade;

4.  Snyder was heavily involved in the draft during the Zorn years (Malcolm Kelly)

5.  Snyder directly contributed to the feeling of entitlement RGIII had, which directly impacted on-field results as it made him feel empowered to choose not to run parts of the offense;

List goes on.  I, like many of us, believed when Shanahan came around that it would put an end to the meddling, but I was wrong.  

Only thing I ever heard concerning Snyder and the Griffin trade was that Shanny and Allen both approached him to get his approval for the amount of picks they wanted to offer the Rams.

I also thought it was Vinny who overrode the scouts' recommendations and went with Malcomb Kelly, not Snyder.

Archived