Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

if you've been reading my posts with adequate comprehension, you shouldn't have to ask me what I've been saying. And I have most recently posted "we're getting closer" a few times as more credible reports are coming in (and it is what I have expected, too, as my best guess). Does this really go over your head?

Holy crap man why are you talking to me like this? Did I do something or say something bad about you Jumbo? No reason to come at me like like that. My reading comprehension skills are just fine thank you. When you said nothing official I thought you might know something jeez

and the first positive feedback I've seen:

Redskins hire Joe Barry as their new defensive coordinator. Hank Bauer on San Diego Chargers Radio says he's a great hire!

Stay classy San Diego.

Yeah I caught the tail end of it.  Said he was a nice guy, family man.  Thinks he benefits from being part of several different schemes in his career -- which he took as being able to bring the best of many worlds, etc. 

Man, you've been spewing backhanded jabs at members all day.

You're on a roll. Did somebody piss in your Cheerios this morning?

Hmmm. "spewing and backhand" eh? "all day", eh? I've done a lot on this site today, amigo, besides posting as much as I can (something i'm asked to do). There's no spewing or backhand in my book. I'm returning serve as humorously or harshly as seems appropriate, if i choose to, just as always. And I'm doing quite well, overall. 

Holy crap man why are you talking to me like this? Did I do something or say something bad about you Jumbo? No reason to come at me like like that. My reading comprehension skills are just fine thank you. When you said nothing official I thought you might know something jeez

Well, it appears I did mis-read you, I take you at your word, and I fully apologize. It seemed like you were being a smart ass (totally my bad I now accept), without just cause, so i did put an edge on my reply since I thought my previous posts were clear enough. again, retracted and i apologize.

Given that, he really must think that Barry has something that the world doesn't know about.  You don't hire a friend at the expense of your family and reputation. Granted, with 30 million guaranteed he never has to work again, but... his reputation will be crud as a head coach if the failing looks to be his doing and picking a guy like Barry whose only claim to fame is disaster is making a pretty bold statement.

If this fails, Gruden not only gets the boot, but he likely will get the Zorn treatment by the rest of the NFL.  I doubt he wants that.  He must think this will work.

My take is Jay for better or worse doesn't really care what other people think.  He seems to be a natural risk taker.  Some reporters like to say Jay has a soft spot for underdog stories (at least they pump that up when talking about part of the reason as to why Jay likes Colt) because of his own career where he had to scrap himself. 

Jay strikes me the type that is an it what it is type of guy and if people don't like it tough luck.  He might see Barry as a guy who has been unfairly stigmatized and is hungry and loves his fire and thinks its something the defense needs.    All of which in my book are admirable traits.  I just don't trust the dude's competence.

Yeah guys we really need to stop throwing sticks and stones and throw support at our new defensive coordinator.  We're a team and all noise will do is separate them before we give them an honest chance to show what they can do in the offseason and training camp in getting our team to be the most competitive team they can.  I would feel DISGUSTED if Joe Barry received boo's from the fans before even playing our first regular season game.  There's NO gurantee Fangio would've done better then Barry. 

I don't care if we had an all star coaching staff, I don't think we have playoff-caliber talent on this team yet.  Joe Barry would've succeeded with Fangio's 49er's defense.  Let's hope SM can get some of those same type of players on our Skins defense for Barry to work with.  Do you know how hard this guy probably had to fight for every little job he got after that horrid Lions season?  Maybe this was his big break and 2nd chance.  Not many people get them, maybe he'll make the best of it and impress us all.

We've got your back, Barry.

I completely understand what your saying but here's my angst with it

When your a head coach who just won 4 games in a season in your first year coaching your on the hot seat. I don't think anyone would disagree with that.

So your on the hot seat and you have a responsibility to the team to hire the next Defensive coach. When you make a decision to go with the least qualified person in the market that you interview it means one of two things. Either Gruden is a genius or it means he's incompetent. I'm not on the bandwagon that wants Gruden fired but this is the first serious move that he's made here that I am openly against and questioning.

If Barry this next season does well then Gruden is going to look like a genius. If he does anywhere from okay to bad then it looks like he shouldn't have been hired in the first place. There is very little room here for reward, it's not a half risk half reward situation. Its extremely high risk, with low chance for success to me.

If the Defense is worse next season that's going to be due to incompetence and increases the odds that Gruden is fired. In January of 2015 that's bad news for us because I don't want the team to struggle and do not want Gruden fired even I have to admit that hiring the wrong person for a job only increases the chances he is fired for cause.

Hiring the weakest resume candidate because you know him personally is not a reason to hire someone. Neither is "he's grown up" a reason to give someone a job when more qualified candidates are out there.

The move only makes sense if Gruden was so worried about being fired that he wanted an extremely weak Defensive Coordinator who wouldn't be a threat to replace him as an interim head coach.

If he works out I will happily say I was wrong. That's what I want to do, I want to be wrong about this. But I'm starting to go to the dark side and think Gruden should go after this news.

Or maybe Fangio just liked the situation in Chicago better...

Based on multiple reports seems like Russell is the odd duck of the bunch in terms of his report.  Seems like the aggregate take is Fangio was given an offer, he turned it down.   And, Barry was the 2nd choice.   Russell not only claims that Barry was Jay's first choice but it wasn't even close.  

Well, it appears I did mis-read you, I take you at your word, and I fully apologize. It seemed like you were being a smart ass (totally my bad I now accept), without just cause, so i did put an edge on my reply since I thought my previous posts were clear enough. again, retracted and i apologize.

No sweat man I am sorry too. I normally don't post bad feelings about the team but today is an exception. I honestly just don't like this news at all and don't understand it. I should just shut up and believe in them. I think I'm most upset because we just went from two solid hires to either a diamond I think looks like a turd and I'm not realizing its really a diamond or its a turd that really is a a turd and my good feeling has left. Only time will tell I guess 

Archived