Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Jeff Fisher Trolls Redskins During Coin Toss

LetThePointsSoar

Only thing I've heard him say was that the Skins have bigger problems than to worry about that coin toss.

Wow. Also kind of a douchey thing to say. But totally true. It should be telling to our fans how much the "brain"trust of this organization is hated among other NFL coaches, players, etc. Snyder specifically ... just absolutely hated and mocked. That's the only reason I can see for these kinds of things to take place. Such an embarrassment. 

To me it's not a bad trade if the Skins weren't raped of $36m in cap space. You combine the 2 & it was an anal raping by **** Mara & **** Lurie.  There are tons of missed 1st round picks. None left a team more exposed because of the gang rape by those 2 owners.

Agreed this penalty hurt us a lot, but ultimately who's resposible for it ?.

It's on Allen and his stupid I-4 Off Ramp thinking he could outsmart Goodell and his minions, and gave to this prick Mara a great opportunity to hurt us.

There is also something I didn't notice last week, the son of Marty is their OC. You add him to Greg Williams and Fisher who's a close friend to Shanahan and you get the perfect trolling recipe to make fun of dany Boy.

I know that Fisher's attitude can be labelled as disrespectful or classless but dany Boy got what he asked for, who sow the wind shall reap the whirlwind.

In both cases we gave them the stick to be beaten with.

It's on Allen and his stupid I-4 Off Ramp thinking he could outsmart Goodell and his minions, and gave to this prick Mara a great opportunity to hurt us.

There is also something I didn't notice last week, the son of Marty is their OC. You add him to Greg Williams and Fisher who's a close friend to Shanahan and you get the perfect trolling recipe to make fun of dany Boy.

I know that Fisher's attitude can be labelled as disrespectful or classless but dany Boy got what he asked for, who sow the wind shall reap the whirlwind.

The alternative for Allen was to take the full 36m in one year when they released or traded AH.

Or they would have had to keep AH around.

There were no good options.

There were 3 things that sunk the skins in 2013:

1. The cap penalty

2. Griffins knee injury

3. Lack of first round pick.

The three things together, coupled with the unsavory ending of the Shanahan era, sunk the team like the titanic.

Well, there has been plenty of discussion in a couple of threads about the cap penalty. It wasn't about "outsmarting" Commissioner Gordon. Or about giving **** Mara the opportunity. It was about the rules, in place at that time, to forego spending limits as there was no salary cap in place. Period. The rest is noise. Remember, it wasn't just the Redskins & Dallas who spent over the imaginary salary cap that year. Or, hell, spent the equivalent amount under the salary cap as the Redskins spent over it. Maybe that's why that team abstained from voting on the penalty. 

Saying Snyder "asked for it" is bull****. It was a classless move by classless coaches. 

the son of Marty is their OC. You add him to Greg Williams and Fisher who's a close friend to Shanahan and you get the perfect trolling recipe to make fun of dany Boy.

marty shouldnt have been fired, but i'm not sure why shanny would be pissed. he got paid, and for doing a **** job, outside of a 7 game win streak. and i dont see anyone hiring gregg as a HC.why should dan have done so? cuz he did so well in buffalo?

as for the cap penalty, we got screwed. didnt break a single rule. simple as that.  

marty shouldnt have been fired, but i'm not sure why shanny would be pissed. he got paid, and for doing a **** job, outside of a 7 game win streak. and i dont see anyone hiring gregg as a HC.why should dan have done so? cuz he did so well in buffalo?

as for the cap penalty, we got screwed. didnt break a single rule. simple as that.  

I think that dany Boy forced Shanahan into the McNabb and Robert trades, (I read he wanted Tannehill). We all know what character Shany has and what kind of control freak he is.

I thought Greg wouldn't have been a bad choice for HC, at least better than Zorn and Spurrier, who knows ?

We didn't break a rule, granted, but only 2 teams decided to do so and even the pokes were more cautious.

Don't you think that would have been some sort of hint ? Something a little bit too good to be true ? knowing Goodell, the fact that Mara could be involved, and eventually the bad reputation of dany Boy.

I think that dany Boy forced Shanahan into the McNabb and Robert trades, (I read he wanted Tannehill). We all know what character Shany has and what kind of control freak he is.

I thought Greg wouldn't have been a bad choice for HC, at least better than Zorn and Spurrier, who knows ?

there are a few reasons why i dont put mcnabb and griff on danny, one being what you mentioned - shanny being a control freak. at the most important position on the field- the one position where he made his name with players like young and elway- i dont see those players being acquired without shanny being, at the very least, on board.

when it comes to picking talent, at the qb position or not, shannys history is a mixed bag. in fact, depending how much you think of plummer (as a free agent) and cutler, he's never picked a winner. and thats over 14 years of him being in charge of personnel. so, we shouldnt be shocked he got it wrong here. 

mikes only success came when he walked into a situation where someone else had picked a HOF QB who had already been to 3 super bowls without his help. since then, hes won exactly one playoff game, fwiw.

We didn't break a rule, granted, but only 2 teams decided to do so and even the pokes were more cautious.

Don't you think that would have been some sort of hint ? Something a little bit too good to be true ? knowing Goodell, the fact that Mara could be involved, and eventually the bad reputation of dany Boy.

i think the skins used the cap room to dump the back end money from the haynesworth and hall contracts. i think most other teams didnt take advantage to the same extent is because most other teams sign players to more reasonable contracts without pushing dead money into the future. 

I'm not missing the point. Fisher has always fielded dirty teams. His players have always tried to pick fights and take cheap shots. The guys a douche and hasn't won a thing.

This is right on. Fishface had guys on his team that sucked as players and he used them to pick fights with other teams best players to try and get them thrown out of games. He is scum. Did we trot out Champ Bailey against the Saints every coin toss? Did the Cowboys trot out all the players thay got in the Walker deal? Hell no, and no respected coach would not lower himself to do that except fishface. Buddy Ryan was at least funny but he was still a douche bag. Fisher is just a classless douche.

I agree because I think a sound football mind like MS would not blow 3 1's on a running QB like Robert from a conference that plays no defense. Luck, pos, as guys like Luck come around every 15yrs but not RG3. Did MS ever trade a ton of draft choices for 1 player when he was in Denver?  I still think DS uses the Skins as a cash cow and he stops at nothing to get the big media splash and winning is a after thought. It is the only way I can make sense out of it as how can DS sit in his box game after game year after year and see his team get mauled. He is thinking dollars instead of football.   As far as the cap thing, we were dumb as only 2 teams did it and Mara is on the rules board so did we think he would overlook it? Again a dollars thing  .

As far as the cap thing, we were dumb as only 2 teams did it and Mara is on the rules board so did we think he would overlook it? Again a dollars thing  .

Not true. 

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/13/penalties-for-redskins-and-cowboys-will-cost-them-cap-space/?_r=0

"New Orleans — which could hear this week about discipline in the bounty scandal — and Oakland were determined to have violated the unwritten rules to a lesser degree, and will not receive the additional cap room."

In addition, **** Mara's comment about the owners agreeing to hold down salaries during the uncapped year (known as "collusion") is still being fought in court by the NFLPA: 

"MINNEAPOLIS — A $4 billion lawsuit from the players union accusing NFL team owners of setting a secret salary cap in 2010 was kept alive by a federal appeals court Friday as the sniping between the two sides persists long after the end of the lockout....

...The final year of the prior CBA was supposed to be "uncapped," but the union cited public references by New York Giants owner John Mara and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell as evidence that a salary cap existed and claimed a loss of $1 billion in cumulative compensation.

Dallas and Washington were penalized for overloading contracts in that 2010 season despite league warnings, and the NFL in 2012 penalized them by taking away $10 million in cap space from the Cowboys and $36 million from the Redskins."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26004130/nflpas-collusion-case-against-nfl-team-owners-kept

So, while the legal issue is still being debated, it's clear, to anyone who looks impartially at the facts, this was a case of several owners colluding to punish the Redskins, and to a lesser extent, the Cowboys because, well, because they could. 

So **** Mara & **** Lurie. 

Edit: I thought I'd throw this in as it's the viewpoint from the Cowboys. Interesting read:

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/6/20/5828844/how-the-reopened-nflpa-lawsuit-will-impact-the-nfl-roger-goodell-john-mara 

"The cap penalties orchestrated by John Mara and Roger Goodell were the obvious proof that the NFL was not going to allow a truly uncapped year, and would do whatever it could to make sure that the teams would toe the line in any future seasons not governed by a CBA and salary cap. It was a strategically foolish move by the league, since it was an admission that collusion has occurred and that the league was punishing those teams who most strongly resisted it. Had Mara and Goodell not decided to go after Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder for defying them and obeying US labor laws, there would have been no reason for the NFLPA to dig into this. Instead, the NFL not only committed the illegal acts, it declared publicly that it had committed said acts, and told everyone what the evidence was of the acts and where to look for it, then defied the NFLPA to do anything about it."

So, yeah, **** Mara & **** Commissioner Gordon, too. 

Not true. 

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/13/penalties-for-redskins-and-cowboys-will-cost-them-cap-space/?_r=0

"New Orleans — which could hear this week about discipline in the bounty scandal — and Oakland were determined to have violated the unwritten rules to a lesser degree, and will not receive the additional cap room."

In addition, **** Mara's comment about the owners agreeing to hold down salaries during the uncapped year (known as "collusion") is still being fought in court by the NFLPA: 

"MINNEAPOLIS — A $4 billion lawsuit from the players union accusing NFL team owners of setting a secret salary cap in 2010 was kept alive by a federal appeals court Friday as the sniping between the two sides persists long after the end of the lockout....

...The final year of the prior CBA was supposed to be "uncapped," but the union cited public references by New York Giants owner John Mara and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell as evidence that a salary cap existed and claimed a loss of $1 billion in cumulative compensation.

Dallas and Washington were penalized for overloading contracts in that 2010 season despite league warnings, and the NFL in 2012 penalized them by taking away $10 million in cap space from the Cowboys and $36 million from the Redskins."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26004130/nflpas-collusion-case-against-nfl-team-owners-kept

So, while the legal issue is still being debated, it's clear, to anyone who looks impartially at the facts, this was a case of several owners colluding to punish the Redskins, and to a lesser extent, the Cowboys because, well, because they could. 

So **** Mara & **** Lurie. 

Its not true we were dumb? We were punished, we suffered so we were wrong. End of story.

I think everyone kind of felt Gregg was head coach in waiting...if he felt that way as well I could certainly understand him being upset. And in retrospect we would have probably been better off giving him the job at the time...couldn't have done any worse. But then Brees wouldn't have gotten his ring and I think he deserved one so hey good for them all

What does that mean? Because we were punished and/or suffered, that makes us wrong?

(Why do I think I'm going to regret asking?)

Yeah, I'm done with this thread. There were multiple teams who took advantage of the "uncapped year" (see, Peppers, Julius signing by the Bears; see, Bucs, Tampa Bay who spent ~40% UNDER the cap - a clear indication of positioning themselves for post-NFLPA contracts to sign free agents AND a "competitive advantage" to any team they played that year because they didn't have the personal to field a real/decent NFL team). 

I already turned into a "cap penalty" thread which I'm sure the mods don't like. 

To sum up my position:

1) The trade for Griffin, at the time, was a reasonable move by the Redskins. With $40m cap space they had some kind of grandiose plan to improve the team through free agency. Adding a rookie QB was a luxury that could be afforded. 

2) Griffin was the ROY & led the Redskins to a playoff game which they lost;

3) Fisher & STL, through trades, were able to barter several players who have/will improve a horrible STL team;

4) The combination of Griffin failing in his 2nd & 3rd year makes the trade look bad for the Redskins & good for STL;

5) Fisher & all other coaches/owners who thought trotting out the players on the team as a result of the trade was a douche bag move by a coach known for being a douche;

6) Fisher (and all STL coaches) should be forced to wear MADD apparel & whatever people wear in support of battered women by NFL players. 

7) The collusion by **** Mara & his minions was a violation of federal anti-trust laws done to harm teams in his division (Redskins & Cowboys). 

In conclusion. **** Mara, **** Lurie & **** Commissioner Gordon. 

Oh, and Fisher has a little dick. 

Its not true we were dumb? We were punished, we suffered so we were wrong. End of story.

Your post doesn't make sense. The Redskins were punished unfairly for breaking rules that didn't exist. The NFL colluded and are the ones that should have been punished. You are way off.

Since the trade, which team has a division title again?

Since the trade, which team has more wins again? Which team has the QB that it used four high picks on sitting on the bench again?

You can nitpick the one stat that fits your narrative to death. It doesn't change the fact that it was yet another embarrassing misstep of epic proportions.

Archived