Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Titans Prediction Thread: Moonshine, Wine, & Whine

skins island connection

This will be like the jaguars game.  Easy win for us.  I'll give the titans 17 (or maybe a late score will down by more than 14.)  Defense looks good most of the game and Garcon and Reed have good games. 

'Skins 31

titans 17

PS - remember, we are the 'Skins - it is very important that we win all the games against the worst teams so that we lose every tie breaker when it comes to next year's draft. 

This will be like the jaguars game.  Easy win for us.  I'll give the jags 17 (or maybe a late score will down by more than 14.)  Defense looks good most of the game and Garcon and Reed have good games. 

'Skins 31

jags    17

PS - remember, we are the 'Skins - it is very important that we win all the games against the worst teams so that we lose every tie breaker when it comes to next year's draft. 

we're playing the jaguars again? cool! :P

The good news is the Titans offense has been struggling this season.  I believe they are ranked 28th in points with an average of 17.3 per game.  Even the Redskins have a better offense than these guys.  Good news for our defense.  We might hold a team to under 20 but.....I stick to my earlier prediction post of a groundhogs day game...same blunders as last week.  Hope I'm wrong though.

The Skins lose.  Period.  The interesting part of the game will be how they lose THIS time.  I just do not think they win another game this year.

This past weekend truly ended something for me emotionally with this team and reading over some of the other posts here on ES, even though I laughed my head off over a few of them, I can clearly see others have come to similar conclusions.  Some probably way before this.  I have been a fan since I was 8 and I just cannot stand what seems to be a consistent lack of football intelligence, desire, cohesion and leadership.  

The game of the "weak". I really don't think home field advantage matters at this point and it will hinge a lot on how Cousins does. If he limits his interceptions and Gruden actually runs the ball with Morris, then I think we win 27-17.

If it's the same ol', same ol' then we will lose 20-17. I will lose it if we lose to the freaking Titans. Let's hope they play with pride because face it that's all they are playing for now at this point.

Should be a game we can win when you look on paper, but we all know what happens when 4th quarter comes around. The question is...how many picks is he going to throw? 4?

Skins shows once again that they are a powerhouse against teams similar to Jaguars (but of course we suck against average teams). D gives up a long TD similar to Jaguars game.

Redskins 27

Titans 10

I don't mean to ruin anyone's wet dream, but my prediction is we lose. Sucks...I know. I just don't expect **** worthwhile out of anyone on this team.

Expect Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter, and Delanie Walker to go off. We might actually lose this one. It typically doesn't matter which QB we're playing against. Don't be surprised if the Titans put up 28 on this "defense".

Not to be a smart ass, but you really call this a defense?

Opposing teams know exactly how to beat us and it isn't difficult.

When we have the ball: Stop the run, and make KC beat you from the "pocket" - which he hasn't and I'm not sure can. It's pretty much as simple as that. No defensive coordinator in the league is scared of this offense at all.

When they have the ball: Just don't turn it over. Chances are, our defense will beat itself. Worst kept secret in football. No offensive coordinator in the league is scared of this defense at all.

Titans: 24

'Skins: 13

The special teams will have at least one penalty, and one return that gets called back as a result. They'll allow at least one solid KO or Punt return to flip the field against us, if not a TD on a return or block.

The defense will put at least one DL or LB on a fast WR who will make them look foolish. We'll likely play 6-7 yards off the line of scrimmage on a 3rd and 4 and allow a player to catch the ball in front of us sustaining a crucial drive, but hey, at least he didn't go for 6 points! Whichever QB Tennessee trots out will look like a quality starter in the league in spite of the fact that he's a marginal player.

The offense will turn the ball over twice, the defense will get no sacks and no turnovers. We'll run Alfred 10-15 times, watch him gain 4-5 yards per carry and then put him on a shelf for the rest of the game so Kirk can throw 45 times.

I go 8 for 12, mainly singles with 5-6 RBI's in a softball tournament I am playing on Sunday...

Oh, predictions for the Skins game, well, I decide to take my Sundays back and not have them controlled by this chore of a team. 

Whitehurst?  Locker?  It doesn't matter, no pass rush makes even the most pedestrian QB look All Pro against us.  If the Cardinals were smart, they would have started Logan Thomas, he would have had a career day, bring back Palmer and then trade Logan Thomas to some mindless Front Office for picks.

I will say Titans 16 Redskins 13

Kai Forbath misses a kick to tie it and cries about it in the post game presser...wait where I have seen this before.

Thank ya!

I was gonna go with 'gloom despair and agony on me', but these yung-uns have no clue what i'd be talking about.

Hee-Haw would be the reference there, I believe....to continue "deep dark depression excessive misery, if it weren't for bad luck I would have no luck at all..."

I agree with another poster who mentioned the Titans are a bit like the Jags.  Sure there may be a blueprint on how to beat the Skins, but the Titans are not the Chicks, Gnats or Beagles.  On paper they appear to be a notch lower than the Skins......even though they have doubled our win total thusfar.

I think this is a feel good game for the Skins.....much like that Jax game.  Our O should be able to move the ball and score, our D should be able to make stops AND get some sacks.   

35-14 Skins.

sometimes I think 2012 was more exciting for me than it was for most Redskins fans.

why do I say this?  I have never once given up rooting for this team or hoping we win

so when 2012 happened, I just kept doing what I did

maybe this is why the football season doesn't make me as depressed as a lot of you seem to be?

30 - 7 Redskins win

This is what pisses me off about the Skins for the past 20+ years. We suck...no doubt about it... but we win enough games to keep us 1-2 out of reach for the sexy, blue chip guys that we really need and we end up drafting Orakpo/Kerrigan type guys. Good players, both, but not the o-linemen who we really need.

With that being said, I expect the Good Guys to win this game handily. Why not? We can't tank games to secure a top 5 spot.

Cousins will throw the lights out... with no pick

AlMo will still struggle... No RG3 to keep the LBs occupied.... close to 30 attempts for near 100 yds

Defense should be better... Locker is nicked up and that offense scares no one

Special teams....it scares me to predict...

Coaching: see above

But all in all we have enough to win going away, but we'll turn it into a nail biter.... 28-24 Skins

sometimes I think 2012 was more exciting for me than it was for most Redskins fans.

why do I say this?  I have never once given up rooting for this team or hoping we win

maybe this is why the football season doesn't make me as depressed as a lot of you seem to be?

30 - 7 Redskins win

People may be disappointed in the team and are openly sharing their frustrations, but no one has stopped rooting for the team. Trust me everyone enjoyed 2012 as much as you did. Hop up off your pedestal.

30 - 7 Redskins win

2012 was pretty exciting for me too. at 3-6, yeah i was depressed. but I said we would beat philly and dallas.and the giants to get a winning streak going. im pretty sure people said i was crazy. but the redskins proved me right and proved everyone else wrong (for calling me crazy) that season :)

Archived