Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Titans Prediction Thread: Moonshine, Wine, & Whine

skins island connection

Seriously? So you are going to actively root for your team to lose every game for the remainder of the season? or did I mis understand what you were saying?

Just curious Are you a season ticket holder?

no, not a season ticket holder.....  came up for it 10 years ago after waiting 20 years, but since i live in NY state, wasn't going to buy them.....  and even if i had the inckling to do so, glad i didn't at this point.....   as far as the rest?   yeah...  we're not going anywhere this year, so why not want a good draft position.....

I think we will win but I'm currently rooting for the #3 overall pick.

So....

Titans 17

Redskins 13

Titans have one of the worse run defenses in the league, which means Morris might run it 20 times for 80 yards.

I'm rooting for a Riley comeback and anybody with a fantasy league be sure to pick up whoever they have at TE, even a TE2 might be worth 10-15 in fantasy this week.

I think there is a decent chance still that this season doesn't end horribly. I still think there is a chance we finish with 6 or 7 wins and come away thinking, "that wasn't so bad...." If we lose Sunday all of those chances are out the door and the 2-14/3-13 scenarios become much more plausible.

Having said that, I think we win this week and do so somewhat convincingly. Redskins 31, Titans 17  

Agreed. Definitely need to win this week. We are @ Vikings, Bucs and Rams at home. All winnable. 

And honestly, I feel like with Griffin you can't chalk any game up as a loss. He has the talent to pull something out of nowhere, even if it is for just one game. I could see us stealing a couple of division games. 

Skins 27

Titans 17

no, not a season ticket holder.....  came up for it 10 years ago after waiting 20 years, but since i live in NY state, wasn't going to buy them.....  and even if i had the inckling to do so, glad i didn't at this point.....   as far as the rest?   yeah...  we're not going anywhere this year, so why not want a good draft position.....

Thanks for answering..

And to answer your question.  Because those of us that are season ticket holders, pay good money for them before the season starts (Invoices generally due Feb / Mar time frame), so tanking the season to get a good draft position doesnt sit well with those of us that are season ticket holders and pay the $1600 per seat that we do.  Some will say that I should give up my seat.  My response to them would be Sec 142 Row 8 (for those that dont know, thats literally 20 feet behind the Skins bench on the 45 yard line).  I would never get that seat back if I gave it up. 

This is my favorite NFL team and I bleed Burgandy and Gold.  Why give up on a season that isnt even half over just so we can draft another Desmond Howard,  Heath Shuler or Michael Westbrook?  Sure we may get an RG3, but he hasnt really proven reliable either (He hasn't stayed healthy).  Of course we could get lucky and get a Chris Samuels, Sean Taylor or Trent Williams but what has our scouting department showed us lately that would lead us to believe that will happen?

For what its worth, I want to see our team fight and keep fighting until they right the ship.  Play like their jobs and livelihoods depend

on it.  Tanking the season to get a high first rounder should not even be on the table.

I apologize that I hijacked this thread.  I still stand by my earlier prediction  33-9 Skins win.

Thanks for answering..

And to answer your question.  Because those of us that are season ticket holders, pay good money for them before the season starts (Invoices generally due Feb / Mar time frame), so tanking the season to get a good draft position doesnt sit well with those of us that are season ticket holders and pay the $1600 per seat that we do.  Some will say that I should give up my seat.  My response to them would be Sec 142 Row 8 (for those that dont know, thats literally 20 feet behind the Skins bench on the 45 yard line).  I would never get that seat back if I gave it up. 

Whats funny is, back in the mid 90s when the internet was just starting for us common-folk, I remember signing up for the season ticket waiting list.  That was between 94-98 when I still lived in Waldorf.  I convinced my Mom to sign up also, so she had me put in her information. They called her about 6 years ago and she has two seats in the upper deck (all she can afford).  She lives right outside of Charlotte and I live across the border in South Carolina and work in Charlotte. If they had have called me back then, I would have jumped on a chance for season tickets.

She got the tickets before I did and I think I signed up a year before her.  Since she's retired, she can make trips up to see the games.  I go once a year, maybe twice a year depending on my work schedule.  She's 67 and I asked her how much longer she's going to keep going.  She said next year will probably be her last. Damn glad they called her and not me.  You couldn't give me free tickets at this point.  Not only because we suck, but I just hate watching a game at the stadium.  Too many assholes there.

I have no intentions on wasting another Sunday watching this team embarrass itself for 4 hours.  Last week was it for me.  Instead, I'm going to spend the day with my step-daughter. 

That being said...I can't see us losing 5 in a row.

Skins - 28

Titans - 17

I had a good feeling before last week's game, but that didn't pan out. If we can get a good lead so Cousins doesn't feel the need to force things to make a comeback, we might be alright in this game.

Skins 31

Titans 9

Titans get a safety and a garbage time TD. Other than that, the game goes our way.

Despite my frustration, I can't root for the team to tank. With our luck we'd probably pick a bust anyway. :rolleyes:

Pretty much the same as last week.  Almo will have 53 yards on 15 carries, Kirk will throw 2 costly interceptions - just 2 this time, we will lose another challenge on a bad call, Snyder will spit on his own floor, RG3 will clap and motivate Kirk, and the Redskins will lose 27 to 23.

Will anyone outside the DC/Nashville markets watch this game?

Spoiler alert: no.  

I won't. but thats just cause I'm headed back to my old college for the weekend. If I was staying at my current college, I'd watch the game on vulkano via my tv at home in virginia from here in CT. I'll be checking for updates on the score though.

I just can't pick this team to win any more, I don't care who they play, who the QB is, the RB, it just doesn't matter, this defense can't take over a game, even when our offense puts 30 or more points up and gives them rest, they will turn around and give up 35 or more points. We can't beat anybody in this league, and I'm glad we don't play the Jags again this season because they would most likely end up beating us .  We lose by at least 7.

we'll win, we will score 30+ points, but it will not be convincing, due to the opponent being the titans. i mean, would a 33-9 win over the titans really make anyone have second thoughts about us? i doubt it, because all it would mean is that we don't suck as bad as the titans. i bet you ANYTHING that after we beat the titans like a drum, we will turn around and get shut out by dallas on MNF.

we should just change our fight song.

Hail to the Redskins....

Hail Misery

We suck so badly

Lose for all DC :(

Et tu, Cooley?... et tu?

Archived