Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Titans Prediction Thread: Moonshine, Wine, & Whine

skins island connection

When: Sunday 1:00 EST

Where: FedEx Field

Sunday, the Redskins welcome the Tennessee Titans to FedEx Field.

What should we expect this week?

The Titans are coming off a win against the Jag-E-Wires [ jaguars ], which might not be much to brag about, considering the current circumstances at hand. No C2J to deal with, no Vince Young, so whats to be worried about?

Plenty.

The Redskins are coming off a disappointing loss on the road to a scrappy and IMO under-rated team in the Arizona Cardinals. It was a struggle for most of the game, neither team dominated the other, and a chance to win the game was all but gone in the 4th when Cousins threw some very poor passes which were picked off, further increasing the discussions of whether he's actually a capable QB.

Yes, he didn't play well when it counted, and i will give him some credit, he went up against some tough defenses the past few weeks, but games which could have been winnable were lost for one reason or another. Again, i'll just say it was a team effort and failure.

This week, the Redskins are at home, not sure if that means anything anymore, but are going up against an equally struggling Titans team.

This could be a chance for Cousins and Morris to redeem themselves, Morris has been very quiet this year, far from his first 2 seasons. The Titans offense shouldn't be breaking records against the porous Redskin secondary, but I wouldn't put money on them not doing it. It is actually very difficult to grasp onto any single aspect of this team with a hint of confidence.

Look for a mid-20's type game with the Titans holding their own until late in the 4th, when a lucky break for the Redskins secondary with a rare pick.

Cry, laugh, whine, **** moan and groan, emotions are all over the place,  but a win is a win nevertheless.

Redskins 30

Titans 23

The two worst 3rd down teams in the league... should be great.

Now, the Redskins suck. They can't get out of their own way. And now they're 1-5. But looking back at the games, I can definitively say we're the best 1-5 team in the NFL. Given Kirk just had a "bad Kirk" game, I'd say he's in line for a "good Kirk" game. 

So.. ugh... I'm picking the Skins to win. Again. 

Redskins 24

Titans 23

Still have no reason to pick a win for our team.....Somehow Haz will make Whitehurst look like the second coming of Tom Brady.  

If Kirk doesn't throw the ball to the wrong team several times:

Redskins - 21

Titans - 17

We all know Kirk will throw the ball to the wrong team:

Redskins - 17

Titans - 30

Sweet...one more week closer to the return of our Qb, really the only thing I'm looking forward to this year.  

Depends who starts at QB.  If it's Charlie Whitehurst (should be doing hair product commericals) then the Skins should win.  Locker and his ablitity to run and make plays outside the pocket will give the defense problems.  Whitehurst will probably start.

Talent wise the Titans are pretty meh.  Wright and Hunter are talented but inconsistant.  Walker's underated at TE.  They've invested a lot in their OL through FA and the draft, but are pretty average and haven't been able to get their RBs going.  Their DT (Casey) is a force and will likely give the interior OL some problems. 

A key might be Gruden as OC in Cincy struggled against Ray Horton's D in Cleveland.  Cincy's lowest yardage totals and 3rd down conv % came against the Browns. 

Still I think the Skins D gets some TOs in this one. 

Skins 20 Titans 16

I like the thread title. 

I think that we win this one convincingly.  Call it a hunch,

My predictions:

1) Offense finds its groove and we score 30 or more.

2) Defense pitches a good game. I think that we give up less than 10 points in this one.

3) ST still suffers, but penalties by the Titans call back big returns.

Final score:

Skins 33

Titans 9..

I like the thread title. 

My predictions:

2) Defense pitches a good game. I think that we give up less than 10 points in this one.

Final score:

Skins 33

Titans 9..

Thank ya!

I was gonna go with 'gloom despair and agony on me', but these yung-uns have no clue what i'd be talking about.

We are going 1-15 this year.

I tend to think so too, but let's do it in style!

Cousins throws 6 INTs, 3 of those are pick-sixes. There are 2 returns for TDs (one off a K, the other a P), and the Redskins rack up a new league record 302 yards in penalties.

Titans 44

Redskins 3

Prove me wrong Redskins - I dare ya!!!

this game, vikings game, bucs game & rams game scare the crap outta me that we'll end up finding a way to win....  

Seriously? So you are going to actively root for your team to lose every game for the remainder of the season? or did I mis understand what you were saying?

Just curious Are you a season ticket holder?

I predict lots and lots of complaining after we win this game since so many people want us to win the #1 overall pick lotto. While we're bad, I just don't think we're bad enough to lose to the Titans.  They barely fought off the Jags for ****s sake.

Skins - 27

Titans - 24

I like the thread title. 

My predictions:

Final score:

Skins 33

Titans 9..

we'll win, we will score 30+ points, but it will not be convincing, due to the opponent being the titans. i mean, would a 33-9 win over the titans really make anyone have second thoughts about us? i doubt it, because all it would mean is that we don't suck as bad as the titans. i bet you ANYTHING that after we beat the titans like a drum, we will turn around and get shut out by dallas on MNF.

we should just change our fight song.

Hail to the Redskins....

Hail Misery

We suck so badly

Lose for all DC :(

Archived