Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 FA Thread - OP Updated - Signings: Paea, Knighton, Culliver, Johnson, McCoy, Hill, Goldson

DC9

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980 41s41 seconds ago

Umm..appparenly @JohnClaytonbass just said on @ESPNRadio per a couple of listeners that if Mariota falls to 5/#Redskins they would take him.

0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980 3m3 minutes ago

Umm..appparenly @ClaytonESPN just said on @espnradio per a couple of listeners that if Mariota falls to 5/#Redskins they would take him.

0 replies 12 retweets 3 favorites

Smokescreen.....I Hope!

100% smokescreen. Not worried haha. Funny this came out after a day of speculation over Eagles/jets trade with maybe Bradford involved

Wouldn't surprise me at all if we drafted Mariota. We'd be hedging our bets on finding that elusive franchise quarterback.

If RGIII comes good, Mariota still has tremendous value a year from now. Probably worth two 1st rounders. We can move him

If RGIII doesn't, we let him go and we have a young quarterback with a high ceiling who's been groomed for a year specifically for Gruden's system and has learned what it takes to be a pro at this level. And doesn't have all the drama that seems to follow Griffin.

If the thinking goes that it's virtually impossible to win a superbowl without an elite quarterback, if our brass is far from certain that we have one on the roster, then it makes sense that the team would take the opportunity to add a player with that potential

Rand Getlin @Rand_Getlin 12m12 minutes ago

Talented CB Perrish Cox is set to visit the #Browns on Thursday. The #Redskins get his first visit tomorrow, though.

It's going to have to be tomorrow if it happens.

well, he's definitely a nickelback if the Browns sign.  Maybe he competes in Washington, with Hall recovering from injury and Amerson and Breeland young guys

Don't know if I have seen much talk on Greg Hardy. Betting we could get him at a reasonable number. Guy is a defensive beast but has obvious potential legal issues (case was dropped).

By all accounts here in the Charlotte market he was a great teammate and could be worth the risk...

I think we're in a good position to trade back if Mariota falls to us.  Our QB situation is such that we can say we love the guy, and other teams might think we're bluffing, but they can't be one hundred percent sure.

I personally don't see it happening.  I don't think he's there when we pick.  I think the Titans pick him, or someone leapfrogs us if they want him that bad.  I know one thing, if we pick Mariota this place will be as nuts as the Iggles board was today.

Honestly, I could see a scenario where we draft him.  I know Jay gave Griff the vote of confidence, but his actions say otherwise.  Let's see if SM is as critical of his game tape as Jay was.  I still think we would try to get picks if he's there, but crazier things have certainly happened.

with all his faults...i would personally rather have Winston or wait till later & grab Mannion or Petty. If it's really BPA, then fine, i'll roll with it...but i have a hard time agreeing that Cooper/White/Shelton/Beasley/Ray or heck...i actually have Gordon III & Gurley ranked higher on my board.

It's just little ol' me...but i can't help but feel that this "leaked feeling?" is to hopefully drum up some interest for people to either panic draft him ahead of us, or panic trade to get ahead of us. maybe they really feel this way, or maybe not, but i hardly think it will matter much in 2015/16

I don't know if saying" we would take Mariota at 5 "would help us trade down. I think it would make a team who wants him to just jump in front of us in order to get him. I would personally prefer a Qb like Hundley or Brandon Bridge later in the draft, over Mariota.

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980 · 23m23 minutes ago

#Redskins getting a visit from Terrance Knighton per a source to @ESPNRadio980 . Still looking for DL help w/ Williams on outside.

Paul Conner ‏@P_Hazard · 20m20 minutes ago

Ehhh.....#Raiders already out RT @TroyRenck: Terrance Knighton will visit #Redskins on Wednesday as his market continues to take shape.”

Archived