Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins 2014 MVP - Tress Way

Dan T.

He can kick it for sure.. But Im not so sold on his "pooch" abilities.. From short range, he rarely gets it to drop inside the 10.. It's usually between the 15 and 20.. For guys that only have to kick a football 24/7 you'd think their accuracy would be much more consistent.. It is what it is I guess..

He can kick it for sure.. But Im not so sold on his "pooch" abilities.. From short range, he rarely gets it to drop inside the 10.. It's usually between the 15 and 20.. For guys that only have to kick a football 24/7 you'd think their accuracy would be much more consistent.. It is what it is I guess..

You want a cannon to lob a BB? Fine:

Of his 40 punts, he's dropped 11 inside the 20, with only 4 touchbacks.

You want a cannon to lob a BB? Fine:

Of his 40 punts, he's dropped 11 inside the 20, with only 4 touchbacks.

IMO, I'd rather him/them attempt to drop it inside the 5-10 and possibly get a touchback, than be safe and drop it at the 15-20 every time..

GoDeep81on seeing Michelangelo's painting on the Sistine Chapel ceiling: "Sure he's a decent painter, but I'm not sold on his sculpting. His David is buck naked. Can't he sculpt clothes?"

IMO, I'd rather him/them attempt to drop it inside the 5-10 and possibly get a touchback, than be safe and drop it at the 15-20 every time..

Alright...... Just for that, I am going to spam your PM's with Durant Brooks, Derrick Frost, Hunter the Punter, and Sav Rocca clips. See if you change your tune.

I'm honestly not sure if this is a joke post. I mean...

1: Every snap is different.

2: Every football is a little different.

3: Every kick's barometric pressure is a little different.

4: There are 7-10 extremely large men who are doing violence to block the kick.

5: Every distance is a little different

6: The slightest adjustment to technique or force to the strangest shaped ball in sports can yield wildly different results.

7: Physics dictates that things moving in a certain direction continue moving in that direction unless another force acts on it.

The quote in question is the equivalent of Happy Gilmore's hole in one quote. I'm sure Tress thinks "I should just do that every time," when he coffin corners one.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone notice the ticker yesterday on Fox, showing Tress Way as having 1 rush for 69 yards?  I laughed.  Took a picture of my tv and sent it out to my VaGiant buddy.

Pretty funny to have an "error" like that and this "error" was on the ticker for hours.

If I knew how to put the picture on the site I would.

Anyone notice the ticker yesterday on Fox, showing Tress Way as having 1 rush for 69 yards?  I laughed.  Took a picture of my tv and sent it out to my VaGiant buddy.

Pretty funny to have an "error" like that and this "error" was on the ticker for hours.

If I knew how to put the picture on the site I would.

I saw the Fox ticker yesterday and kept laughing.  Glad we got this punter.  We have really needed a good punter for a long time.

It'll probably be Andy Lee. Better net average, more inside 20, fewer touchbacks. Sam Martin actually  has better numbers even than Lee.

Tress Way is way more awesomer than Andy Lee.  You want awesomerness at the Pro Bowl, not Andy Lee.

Tress Way's average is nearly a half yard higher than Lee, who, bless his heart, looks frighteningly like* Cletus Spuckler from the Simpsons:

Tress: 47.9

Andy: 47.2

Andy

111174664.jpg?w=594&h=349&crop=1

Cletus

x x x x x x x x x x x x cletus.jpg

So jump on the Andy Lee bandwagon if you wish, Rufus T Firefly.  Just be aware that that bandwagon will be a 1983 El Camino with stained indoor/outdoor carpeting in the truck bed.

Anyone notice the ticker yesterday on Fox, showing Tress Way as having 1 rush for 69 yards? 

So now, on the season, he has two rushes for 71 yards, for a 35.5 yards-per-carry average. 

Pro Bowl!!!1!

This is so very sad.

Not really though... Never forget Mark Mosley's league MVP.

I ran a thread about 4 years ago about which is more vital to winning, a kicker vs punter.

I framed it with hypothetical that you could have top 5 K and bottom 5 P or vice versa.

My basic point was, and I've stated this forever, punters can gain anywhere from 75-150 yards of field position a game.

Give me the punter 10-10 times.

The one stat last year where SEA punt teams let up 28 yards total all year. ALL YEAR.

So, with that, it's not sad and I think we should lock him up to long term deal.

Who knows, this year team MVP, maybe second Redskin Special Teams player LEAGUE MVP!

;)

Not really though... Never forget Mark Mosley's league MVP.

Yeah. He has a house on this tiny island. Made fun of my friend for wearing a dolphins jersey.

I just don't care about the kicking game. Great, he's better than a kicker. Almost any other position on the team having a MVP would be better.

I really wanted to mount a serious argument against this, but sadly I could not. Don't get me wrong, I like the kid and am glad we have him. He is doing a great job. However, something is horribly wrong with your football team when the punter is the MVP! 

you're right ... but its a message the organization needs to hear loud and clear

and he is the best punter the Skins have had since Sammy Baugh

Yeah. He has a house on this tiny island. Made fun of my friend for wearing a dolphins jersey.

I just don't care about the kicking game. Great, he's better than a kicker. Almost any other position on the team having a MVP would be better.

you have a friend who wears Dolphin gear? ... Dude that's soo wrong

111174664.jpg?w=594&h=349&crop=1

how the heck does he get his helmet on and off around those ears?

Archived