Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kirk Cousins and RGIII: The Realization

Sticksboi05

Cousin couldnt get it done in the final 2 drives.

His passes were way off when it counted.

Remember RG3 taking off and running and winning game in the 4th.

Cousin lacks though but neither QB are complete QB at this point and can carry the team alone.

ST needs to get it together ill take giving up less than 30 points to the iggles any time.

We showed we can play with them.

No doubt the pick came at a bad time but the positive is you can look at the poor throws Kirk made and it seems they were less about him choking or throwing a horrible pass but simply not being on the same page as his receiver.  Whether it was the receivers fault or his we will never know but those things are correctable.

When Grant Paulsen was a beat reporter for the Skins he said at any given time he would walk into the Redskins facility and he would see different crowds of players doing a variety of things together but to the side by himself was always Kirk studying his playbook, he shreds defenses because he understands what he is doing and he is in full control.  Its always easy to be confident when you have the knowledge and you dont have to think but only react.

Its hard not to be excited when you see your QB has traits that are specific to some of the better QB's in the league, everyone saw at least 6 passes today that you will never see Rg throw.  They were not deep balls and cannon shots but they were pre snap reads where he literally hiked the ball and threw a dart to expose the defense, those throws were indefensible.

It's gonna be interesting going forward.

I hope Kirk is not a Rex Grossman in the making.

A guy who plays extremely well then can't hit his receivers on key downs.

Philly and our defense tried their best to help him out but no cigar.

He needs to win more than two games before being compared to any winning Quarterback.

Man oh man, everyone needs to chill out. It was Cousins first start of the season and he played a hell of a game. Aside from his pick he threw and the pass behind Garcon on the last drive he was almost perfect. Aside from the Seahawks and Cardinals, the Eagles are probably the best overall team in the NFC. Kirk Cousins, a backup QB going into this season, almost lead our team to a victory today. It's just one game. I have no doubt we will put this loss in the backburner for now and we will be ready for the Gnats on Thursday. Let's just hope our "Special" forces show up to play in a few days.

I think it's hilarious that fans wouldn't be happy with a romoSUCKS-esque QB. Dude was an undrafted free agent who if you put a couple rings on his finger would be considered one of the best QBs ever. If Cousins turned out to be romoSUCKS 2.0 without an idiot like jerry jones running our team we'd be crazy to not be happy about that.

"If you put a couple of rings on him" lol...if you put a couple of rings on Romo he wouldn't BE Romo lol...he'd be some other QB who doesn't screw up in high pressure/high stakes games and actually raised his game and the game of his teammates when it's needed the most.

This franchise and its fans should aim higher than a Romo clone.

"If you put a couple of rings on him" lol...if you put a couple of rings on romoSUCKS he wouldn't BE romoSUCKS lol...he'd be some other QB who doesn't screw up in high pressure/high stakes games and actually raised his game and the game of his teammates when it's needed the most.

This franchise and its fans should aim higher than a romoSUCKS clone.

While true, I've always wondered what Romo would've accomplised somewhere else? Romo is the only QB who gets blamed for a loss after throwing for 500 yards and 5 TDs lol.

There are maybe 4 such QBs. Your hatred of Luck is ignorant.

Your unrealistic view of him as an NFL qb is far worse than my "supposed" hatred. Sorry chap, I call it like I see it. Once the lore of his comebacks wear off and they start to regress toward the mean like they've begun to do this year people will see him for what he really is. A fringe top-10 QB who will never come close to being top 5.

Your unrealistic view of him as an NFL qb is far worse than my "supposed" hatred. Sorry chap, I call it like I see it. Once the lore of his comebacks wear off and they start to regress toward the mean like they've begun to do this year people will see him for what he really is. A fringe top-10 QB who will never come close to being top 5.

How is Luck on the fringe of never being close to the top 5 and RG3 being in any conversation.  That might be the dumbest concept ever.

Let's not turn this thread into another Luck pissing contest please

Yep, my fault.

Gotcha, so if Luck will never sniff top 5, RG3 is doomed.

My feelings on Luck are well documented in my posts about him. That's all I'll say cause I don't want to derail this thread anymore than I already have.

Yep, my fault.

My feelings on Luck are well documented in my posts about him. That's all I'll say cause I don't want to derail this thread anymore than I already have.

Well you said it all.

Yep, and Cousins will be bagging groceries.

That was fun.

Probably.  Meanwhile back at the ranch we have 1 more year left with 2 QB's.  One has serious leg injuries, the other isn't considered NFL caliber :lol: What's your move?

Well you said it all.

Probably.  Meanwhile back at the ranch we have 1 more year left with 2 QB's.  One has serious leg injuries, the other isn't considered NFL caliber :lol: What's your move?

I responded to someone's comment and then bubbles "Luck" radar went off. I shouldn't have engaged him in that but I did. That's my fault and I said so.

Oh my God, Kirk Cousins is Kirk Cousins. 

He is NOT Tony romoSUCKS. 

He is NOT Rex Grossman. 

He doesn't slither away from free defenders like romoSUCKS does in the pocket. He doesn't just say "f it I'm going deep" like Rex and doesn't come in with man boobs during training camp. He's absolutely NOTHING like the two QBs outside of being white and having the same kind of build. Sort of. Maybe a quick release like romoSUCKS?  

This is just as bad as the Robert and Vick comparisons. Yeesh. 

He is NOT Rex Grossman. 

He doesn't slither away from free defenders like romoSUCKS does in the pocket. He doesn't just say "f it I'm going deep" like Rex and doesn't come in with man boobs during training camp. He's absolutely NOTHING like the two QBs outside of being white and having the same kind of build. Sort of. Maybe a quick release like romoSUCKS?  

There's quite a few similarities between Romo and Cousins.

He is NOT Rex Grossman. 

Wait....if Kirk Cousins is Kirk Cousins, then who the hell is KURT COUSINS??

There's quite a few similarities between romoSUCKS and Cousins.

Like what? romoSUCKS has made his name with his movement behind the LOS. He's super slippery. That's his thing. Cousins doesn't do any of that. He's got better straight-line speed, but he's not going to spin out of a free blitzer's grasp at the last second. Not yet, at least.

I mean, honestly... what are the similarities? Their build? romoSUCKS is 6'2, 230 lbs. Cousins is 6'3 214 lbs.  Cousins ran a 4.8 at the combine, romoSUCKS a 5.01.

So they're not very similar in terms of build. And I don't see the similarities in the way they play at all. What do you see, I'm honestly wondering? I guess they both have a quick release, but I'd say Romo's is faster, right? What else am I missing?  

Wait....if Kirk Cousins is Kirk Cousins, then who the hell is KURT COUSINS??

He's his cousin. 

Best road game I can remember in years, the game once again was lost by the special teams. Both losses this year were by special teams. I am sick of missed FGs and big play returns. Something needs to be done there fast. Defense getting a bad rap to me is a joke. When was the last time McCoy had 20 carries for 21 yards? Never. When was the last time the Redskins had 10 sacks in a game? Never. Thats not the problem and neither is the QB.

In Bobs last 6 starts the offense put up 55 points combined, Kirks already done that in two games. Kirk is the better QB if you want to win now. If you want to worry about bad draft trades or the way 2012 looked and only look at the past then put Bob back in. If you want to win and compete on the road in a hostile enviroment and watch a real QB play then support your Cousins.

Overall very happy with the game, we dominated on 2 out of 3 fronts and should have won. We didnt and now are 1 and 2. We beat the Giants and we will be 2 and 2 with a soft schedule coming up after the Seahags. You dont always win games you should in the NFL but we could have been blown out that game and we were in it. Exciting times to be a Redskins fan if you ask me

Best road game I can remember in years, 

Given we lost that either says something about how bad we have been on the road (and at home come to that) for such a long time and/or how low our expectations as a fan base have fallen as a consequence of all the losing.

Yeah, I don't think it's necessarily a stretch to think that while trying to extend a play that a sack would have happened with someone else.

Something I'm wondering about is the Bengals seemed to always have issues on offense when it mattered and today we seemed to fold on offense when we were essentially unstoppable most of the game.  I hope that, no matter who it is, Gruden does not become know for mediocre calls in the most crucial drives.

The plays were fine, the throws (when it mattered) were bad. Very bad. But it's (should be at least) expected, given the situation.

Archived