Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kirk Cousins and RGIII: The Realization

Sticksboi05

I find it ridiculous how anyone on this board can blame Cousins or criticize him after the incredible game he had today. I will take that on any gameday. How about blaming the defense and special teams. Our offense has scored over 30 points since Cousins has started. Our offense looks elite and consistent with Cousins. With Rg3 it doesnt plain and simple. He makes the O-line look worse than they are. Cousins dropped back over 40 times and the O-line gave up 0 sacks.

Five seasons ago a crappy Redskins team scored a ton of points were on the verge of ending the Saints undefeated season but lost because our kicker missed a chippy which would've iced the game and then our D let New Orleans drive 80 yards in like 30 seconds to send the game into OT.  I don't care how we barely lost to a good opponent.....sooner or later, I'd love to win a game like this!

Jesus some people in here are unbelievable. We were 3 points away from beating perhaps the best team in the NFC after the Seattle Hawks. And we didn't because of special teams. Not the offense, not KC not the defense. Oh and the refs laid over 100 yards of penalties on us when the Eagles should have had 4 holding calls on huge plays.

Thursday can't get here fast enough.

Exactly. We played a very good game, Kirk threw one very poorly timed INT, but it was ST that let us down, shoot I'll just go ahead and blame Kai. Damn, dude. Should make those blindfolded.

HTTR

Five seasons ago a crappy Redskins team scored a ton of points were on the verge of ending the Saints undefeated season but lost because our kicker missed a chippy which would've iced the game and then our D let New Orleans drive 80 yards in like 30 seconds to send the game into OT.  I don't care how we barely lost to a good opponent.....sooner or later, I'd love to win a game like this!

What does that have to do with the thread?  This isn't a thread praising moral victory.

What's funny is there are still people on this forum that want RG3 instead of Cousins, which is ridiculous.  Philly is one of the better teams this year and we came very close to beating them.  Cousins was outstanding.  

In my mind, Cousins is our QB of the future, not RG3.  Once again, we need to trade RG3.

I don't think Cousins was the main reason for the loss whatsoever, but he also did make some bad throws on the final drive, 0-3.  

Cousins overall was fine today, but I am not going to flip the QB position based on short term success.  A lot of backup QB's perform well in the roll Cousins is currently in.  

I think what makes this situation more volatile than most situations is that we aren't dealing with a vet vs a rookie/2nd year guy.  Both guys were drafted in 2012, and we aren't going to be able to keep both on the roster beyond next season most likely, so everything is over-examined and studied and critiqued because being wrong on which QB to go with as the franchise QB would be a huge let down.

As fans all we really have the power to do is root for the guy throwing the passes, if we are getting wins, we are getting wins.  Right now Cousins is 1-1. I think the evidence on the field is showing that Cousins has the better instincts for the prototypical QB, but I also don't think his ceiling is as high in the long term. Robert does things you can't coach, but he also misses plays on the field that can be made due to his lesser experience in this kind of offense, playing the position of QB.

There is going to be a tradeoff going forward regardless of which QB we go with.

The Skins did in 2012

One word discipline.... If we had that 3-0,.

You can now close this thread

One word discipline.... If we had that 3-0,.

You can now close this thread

The Redskins need to adopt the Nationals' take on discipline and avoiding unnecessary BS:

"We don't have time for this ****"

KC made COSTLY mistakes. However, he played well enough to win 9/10 times. That was one of the best passing displays we've had in years. 

And he wasn't sacked.

I'm not sure RG3 at this moment could have replicated that

There's no way he could have replicated that, bro. We all know it.

It's about winning! Bottom line. Mr. Griffin proved his worth in 2012 when he took the team on a seven game winning streak. Until Kirk "replicates" that- there is nothing to discuss.  But in fairness, neither of them have done what Peyton Manning did with 40 second left and no TOs against the World Champions!

Cousin played a very, very good game.  If the special teams didn't blow a gimme field goal and a KO return the outcome would have been different. OTOH, you got to get at least five yards if your at the forty to just get a shot at the overtime field goal.  Not getting that hurt.

I'm tired of the BS from Redskins fans.  You all talk about 2012 like RG3 was walking on water that year.  The fact is, he started the entire year, and as good as he was down the stretch, he still lost 6 of his first 9.  Cousins just went into a game we weren't supposed to win and played his heart out.  What is not to like about this kid?  The hate on him is so ridiculous that it makes me sick.  This fan base has become total garbage.  If you want 10 points a game, go ahead and wait for Griffin to "develop" (is that what three first round picks requires?).  Me, I'll be watching Cousins make us a contender this year.

The only realazarion I saw out there was a QB who hasn't played with the first team all year, play a pretty damn good game. 34 points on the road ( should have been 37) should be good enough. Kirk Cousins w/out question can play at a very high level.

Don't be coy.  Cousins vs. RG3 isn't a contest at this point.  The sooner the fanbase realized we move forward with Cousins, the better.  Imagine if he ad the experience Griffin had.

100% agree.  There is no contest, we have found our QB of today and the future.  Cousins is and will be the future of this team and RG will be sitting or moving on.  There is no way we stay in this game today with RG.  There is no way we score 34 points with RG today.  All those people who said they wanted to see what Cousins can do against a good team, just saw what he can do.  This games on the D and special teams 100%.  I don’t think the D stopped the eagles until the middle of the third quarter.  That just won’t cut it.  

It's about winning! Bottom line. Mr. Griffin proved his worth in 2012 when he took the team on a seven game winning streak. Until Kirk "replicates" that- there is nothing to discuss.  But in fairness, neither of them have done what Peyton Manning did with 40 second left and no TOs against the World Champions!

Your entire statement is full of ignorance.  RG3 proved nothing except that he can't stay healthy.

Cousins is our QB.  Get over it.

Archived