Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tress Way thread

TimmySmith

Oh, sorry about that, SJ07. I didn't mean that Way had a low drop. I was just reminiscing to a time when we had a helluva punter, and it just happens that the low drop is one of the things I remember about Steve Cox.

wondering if the low drop will lead to more blocks?

ive liked what ive seen so far.

Even better, he might be able to kick off!  Even his ugly kick offs worked lol.

If he can do that and leave Forbath for field goals we might just be in great shape in the kicking game. 

Tress Way man. A good punter is sooooooooo much more valuable than people think.

We've struck gold with our Kicking Game!  Sure Jacksonville's a weak Opponent, but notice where their average starting Field Position was...usually inside of their own 35.  And consequently, notice how well the D played; their efforts got a major assist from Mr. Way.

With Punting and Kicking this sound, we should Win the Field Position battle 2 out of every 3 weeks.  If that happens, then Washington will be in the mix all year. (as long as The Skins don't have another poor year with Turnover Differential)

Dare I say regardless of which guy takes snaps.

We've struck gold with our Kicking Game!  Sure Jacksonville's a weak Opponent, but notice where their average starting Field Position was...usually inside of their own 35.  And consequently, notice how well the D played; their efforts got a major assist from Mr. Way.

With Punting and Kicking this sound, we should Win the Field Position battle 2 out of every 3 weeks.  If that happens, then Washington will be in the mix all year. (as long as The Skins don't have another poor year with Turnover Differential)

Dare I say regardless of which guy takes snaps, The Redskins are gonna be competitive.

EDIT: Sorry, I screwed up.  Please disregard.

The fact that Gruden and Kotwica recognized that Way can do kickoffs tells me the ST is no longer relegated to 2nd tier status.  Attention to detail in all 3 phases.  I like it.

Even Gruden had a positive solution to a backup plan to the backup plan for the QB situation.  When asked what would have happened if KC went down against Jacksonville and he immediately said Andre Roberts would've been the QB.  So not only does he do what ifs but he does what ifs to the what ifs.  I likey.

Archived