Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who wants Olive Garden?

Slateman

Almost always fresh, I've had worse at chain spots... You can mess up salad, wilty lettuce, cheap tomatoes, lack of croutons. It's a decent chain salad with peppers, I like the peps

I use the peppers for the Tuscano soup, the black olives and tomatoes and PURPLE onions are a nice side

that and the beer and breadsticks are the best things in the place (though the artichoke dip is good)

If I wanted microwaved food I'd just throw some crap in my own microwave. Olive garden is crap they don't have ovens in the back its a row of microwaves. They melt Kraft singles on their pasta. People should not eat something because its a bargain or because they save money. People should eat things that are tasteful and not unfrozen via microwave. Pretty sad if you even consider eating that stuff to save money. If that's the case then its too late for you and you should start looking for a cardboard box to live in.

Moco, they have ovens and I never saw kraft anything in there.

They do microwave pretty much all of their veggies.

The food quality has dropped of so much in the last 20 years I think I have been there 3 times (only once for sure in the last 10) and always walked out thinking why did I waste my money.

• Like 1

Chains are pretty dog101 in general because they all get the same product and use the same microwaves. There is a quality bar set that you can't pass. The best outback is not much better than the worst outback. In terms of how food tastes and is prepared. You can't go into a chain and have something really good. Its always the same no matter where you go. I hate chains so much.

Edited by Mocountyskins

I use the peppers for the Tuscano soup, the black olives and tomatoes and PURPLE onions are a nice side

that and the beer and breadsticks are the best things in the place (though the artichoke dip is good)

Soup salad and breadsticks is really the only way to go at the OG.  I have too many good italian restaurants, and they are cheap, to waste time there.  Have to go on occasion because the wife and tater tots like to eat there for the breadsticks.

Make the dip yourself.  Shhh it's a secret.

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/Olive-Garden-Hot-Artichoke-Spinach-Dip-Copycat-Recipe.html

Can't stand that place. Used to like Carrabas at first, but now the pepperoni on the pizza is like the cheap store-bought pouches. Ugh. A friend of mine got severe food poisoning from one last night. Ended up in the ER. I admit I was thinking to myself "that's what you get..." even though I felt bad for her.

Quality salads no doubt, entrees are lacking but not unbearable. Suggestion is go medium, if you try and order the 'fancier' plates, sure dissapointment

Morer than likely, it will be similar to their never ending pasta series which has a handful of dishes.

Soup salad and breadsticks is really the only way to go at the OG.  I have too many good italian restaurants, and they are cheap, to waste time there.  Have to go on occasion because the wife and tater tots like to eat there for the breadsticks.

Make the dip yourself.  Shhh it's a secret.

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/Olive-Garden-Hot-Artichoke-Spinach-Dip-Copycat-Recipe.html

I don't cook green things, tis women's work (except for my wife who loves Olive Garden )

Chains are pretty dog101 in general because they all get the same product and use the same microwaves. There is a quality bar set that you can't pass. The best outback is not much better than the worst outback. In terms of how food tastes and is prepared. You can't go into a chain and have something really good. Its always the same no matter where you go. I hate chains so much.

We've pretty much stopped going to sit down chain restaurants. We still go to fast food chains, but you know what you are buying. I live right outside of Charlotte and we found an excellent mom & pop Italian place about 10 miles south of us in Rock Hill, SC where we used to live called Luigi's. Best I've ever had.

• Like 1

I always love food threads on ES.  I wonder if people have ever eaten much good food.  I haven't been to Buca, but I guess those big portions are what people like.  The reviews aren't too good.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/buca-di-beppo-washington-4

Super size me.

It's decent for a chain restaurant, though the one in DC was pretty meh compared to others. The problem is that the DMV is not conducive to mom & pop places because of the property taxes and the regulation that comes along with the area.

I always love food threads on ES.  I wonder if people have ever eaten much good food.  I haven't been to Buca, but I guess those big portions are what people like.  The reviews aren't too good.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/buca-di-beppo-washington-4

Super size me.

Yelp reviews often make great reading. Especially the negative ones. Usually 50% of the negative ones portray the reviewer to be an idiot who went to the wrong establishment. There's a local Italian restaurant I go to occasionally where a reviewer gave it one star because their salads (which she admitted were delicious) cost $8. Stick to the Golden Coral honey

• Like 1

it's beneath me, i wouldn't get caught dead eating there.  anybody who does dines at Olive Garden and thinks they're getting authentic Italian food is an idiot.

/ESOG

My grandparents were from Calabria. My father is full Italian and has made just about every homemade Italian dish you can think of....he loves Olive Garden lol.

Went to an Olive Garden once and asked for my pasta al dente. The waiter had never heard of the term.

That's like me going to McDonalds and asking for my burger to be medium rare or something lol

• Like 1