Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alfred Morris: The Butler did it and keeps doing it

Burgold

Amen.

Doesn't anybody remember the last game of 2012 against the Cowboys? Robert wasn't 100% so they gave it to the Butler. Thirty-three carries and 200 yards later, the Dallas defense was a quivering pile of chili meat and the Redskins were in the playoffs.

If you don't appreciate what Alfred Morris did that day, you can't call yourself a Skins fan.

He's not underrated as you think though. He has been drafted in the 2nd round in most fantasy drafts. The main reason he isn't being drafted in the 1st round is because people fear Gruden will be more pass heavy with the additions we had this offseason. His Madden rating is down because of the fumbles and speed which greatly affects the overall rating. But yes he is a beast and one of my favorite players in the league. I love how humble and down to earth the dude is. Also that he doesn't trash talk and just plays the game.

The Butler did it and until evidence proves otherwise I believe he will continue to do it.

Hail. 

Off topic:

I gotta say, I absolutely HATE that nickname. "The Butler"? C'mon. It's one of the worst nicknames I've ever heard. Personally, I like 'A-Train' which I've heard many times & it fits for him as bruising back.

On topic:

I don't know who or why anyone can claim to know anything about football & put down one of the most underrated RBs in the League. Morris is a fantastic back & is deceptively fast, reads the defense well & hit holes quickly. He can also make good clean cuts & reminds me a little of Riggins. He seems to get better in the later qtrs in the game. I love A-Train. 

Can we please stop complaining about our players in PRESEASON. It's freakin' PRESEASON!!! For the love of Pete. 

As far as taking a handoff and running any variety of typical running plays, IMO Morris the 2nd best in the NFL. His lack of extreme speed or catching probably makes him a less valuable player than McCoy, Charles, Forte. But if you need a guy to take the rock, follow a block, hit the hole, and get yardage, only Adrian Peterson is superior.

I gotta say, I absolutely HATE that nickname. "The Butler"? C'mon. It's one of the worst nicknames I've ever heard. Personally, I like 'A-Train' which I've heard many times & it fits for him as bruising back.

1000% Absolutely. The word butler is defined as a servant, I respect Alfred more than to call him a servant. Alfred Morris is what I prefer but if he must have a nickname, I like Old School ..or just come up with a better name than the butler.

1000% Absolutely. The word butler is defined as a servant, I respect Alfred more than to call him a servant. Alfred Morris is what I prefer but if he must have a nickname, I like Old School ..or just come up with a better name than the butler.

You don't like A-Train?

Sounds like the name of a Muppet. I'm hooked on A-train.

Yeah whenever my friends watch a redskins game with me, I yell "AlMo!!!" When he does something good, and my friends are like "what does Elmo have to do with the redskins...". But I don't care, i still like AlMo. Ohh remember when we would call Ryan Torrain the ATV? (All-Terrain Vehicle).

To me he is either A-Train or Alf. Been calling him both since his rookie year and I think both are suitable. He bruises through and gets us where we need to go like a train. But he's also got a great personality that makes it hard to ever be mad at him if he screws up. Plus I just love using Alf references at a football game lol. When he gets rolling I always say "Now departing from the planet Melmac! The Number 46 A-Train on a one way nonstop trip to the end zone!"

To me, he is a Redskins running back. I think it's the best way to describe him. He epitomizes what we as lifers picture Redskins football to be as dictated to us by the teams history and greatest players. I think his style is reminiscent of the strong bruising running we've seen from the likes of Riggins and Brown. He's the kind of guy that will end a game covered in mud, paint, and grass. And most importantly he gets the job done. I've been saying since he got here that the key to victories for this team on the offensive side of the ball all revolve around getting Alf no less than 20 carries a game. Period.

Burgold,

I think you are spot on. People become overly obsessed with the highlight reel players that fit the mold of what you are looking for in Madden. Morris, much like many of the best backs in NFL history, is not the human joystick that McCoy is or the Truck stick that Lynch may be. But he has as good of vision as any back in the NFL right now imo. He has excellent balance to go with it and has some of the strongest legs in terms of functional strength. He simply churns out yards and TD's. Much in the mold of a guy like Curtis Martin (not necessarily skill wise, but recognition) Morris exudes success and has proven to be one of the most productive backs in the league while showing some of the best durability in the league. He doesn't break ankles, rather he sets up a defense and picks his lane and then gains yards after contact. 

The facts are the facts guys: after only his third season, Morris is likely to be the 5th leading rusher in franchise history and 7th all time in rushing TD's. He needs less than 1,200 yards and only 6 TD's to do that, which would be his WORST marks in both categories in three seasons. Just sit back and think about that. His 2013 season ranked 11th most yards in a Redskins season despite the fact that he wasn't even in the top 25 seasons in terms of carries. In fact, if Morris averages 1,200 yards per season he would become the Redskins all-time franchise leading rusher before the end of his 6th season with the Skins. This last one is a certainly a big projection - a lot can happen in the next four years but it's just a reminder to any that are looking for someone "better" that so far Morris' per season production suggests he is the most productive back in franchise history. 

He has done this with much less surrounding parts than Riggins and similarly successful teams to Portis. Portis probably had a much better O-line his first season or two with us. There are not too many players more underpaid in the league than Morris right now. And he's only getting better. 

Let's just all keep pretending that a 6th round pick outta Florida Atlantic is some kind of awesome football player.  

Let's pretend that a slow, fumbling, disposable RB is the man, while we rake our Heisman trophy winner over the coals.

Let's dig a hole and crawl down in it, while we build a monument to the slowest, least talented RB in the entire league.

Let's just all keep pretending that a 6th round pick outta Florida Atlantic is some kind of awesome football player.  

Let's pretend that a slow, fumbling, disposable RB is the man, while we rake our Heisman trophy winner over the coals.

Let's dig a hole and crawl down in it, while we build a monument to the slowest, least talented RB in the entire league.

God I can't wait for the Wizards to start  playing again.  At least in that thread your nonsense is palatable.

Alfred is the best player on this team.

Are you pulling a McD5 Ladell Betts on us?

Archived