Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alfred Morris: The Butler did it and keeps doing it

Burgold

Let's just all keep pretending that a 6th round pick outta Florida Atlantic is some kind of awesome football player.  

Let's pretend that a slow, fumbling, disposable RB is the man, while we rake our Heisman trophy winner over the coals.

Let's dig a hole and crawl down in it, while we build a monument to the slowest, least talented RB in the entire league.

When you had your old name, your posts weren't stupid. I'm confused....what happened with you exactly? Crack?

But Morris does need to hold onto the ****ing ball

Please ignore Beal, the strong majority of his posts lately have been extremely trollish and off-base. The fact that some people still don't recognize how good Morris is - his vision, his ability to cut and find the hole, he's one of the best at yards after contact in the league, etc - is beyond me. There is no reason Morris shouldn't have had 25 carries today for 150 yards. None. That's what he was on pace for. 

I'm not too much of a homer to give him a pass on handling the ball over the last season+. He needs to hold on to the rock, regardless of the fact that he was down today. But you also have to realize he doesn't fumble more than the average running back in the league. Many of the best back in the league either have or have had serious issues holding on to the ball. This wasn't a problem for Morris in college or his first season so it's definitely a correctable problem, that being said he needs to correct it. Clearly the entire team does right now. 

Lets pretend that our NFC East opponents are scared of Alfred Morris.

I can somewhat understand the fear people have of Griff never developing but the bashing of Morris is insane. Dude is turning into one of the greatest 6th round picks ever. He's on pace to be an all-time great bro. You aren't winning this argument lol.

Okay okay enough of the trolling b.s.  Beal. You were pulling this nonsense during the final cut down days. You've already stated that you believe that Redd is going to get in there sooner rather later and lead the team and rushing yards. Make your case,(and do so in a far better way than the drive by's you've provide so far),or stop trolling this thread. 

At this point, Morris needs to carry the rock 25+ times a game. We gotta do what we did in our late 2005/2007 playoff push and just ride Morris like we rode Portis those years. Guy is a stud back, although he does seem to have a bit of a problem with ball security at times.

He is a top 5 back though. We gotta ride him until our QB figures things out.

Archived