Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jay Gruden Knows Offense!

MustangSteve

I'm not getting too optimistic about it, last year the entire team looked pretty damn good in preseason and we all know how that turned out.  I just hope we don't go 4-0 again.  Last year when that happened I knew it was a bad omen to go undefeated in the preseason.

I'm not getting too optimistic about it, last year the entire team looked pretty damn good in preseason and we all know how that turned out.  I just hope we don't go 4-0 again.  Last year when that happened I knew it was a bad omen to go undefeated in the preseason.

I'm not going to get too excited if we go 4-0 to start the season, by all means we could and should. Go 5-0 and everyone will be talking Paloffs. Beat the Super Bowl Champions on Monday Night Football and I will definitely start singing some praises.

• 2 months later...

He needs to stop talking to the media ... or just give generic answers . I dont like the whole QB stuff he has been saying , like Stranger things have happened when asking about starting Job. Now he is saying its RG3s job when he comes back , he is flip flopping . Right now he should say nothing because we still need kirk to play . We dont want crap in his head. Then he talked about Djax just being a little guy .... All that stuff could be taken the wrong way by Fans and Players. With as bad as we are doing this season , anything could set us a blaze

He needs to stop talking to the media ... or just give generic answers . I dont like the whole QB stuff he has been saying , like Stranger things have happened when asking about starting Job. Now he is saying its RG3s job when he comes back , he is flip flopping . Right now he should say nothing because we still need kirk to play . We dont want crap in his head. Then he talked about Djax just being a little guy .... All that stuff could be taken the wrong way by Fans and Players. With as bad as we are doing this season , anything could set us a blaze

Check out the "thoughts on cousins for the next few weeks" thread.  You'll love it there.

in reality we need to win tomorrow or this team will spiral out of control fast. If we do win then next weeks cowgirls game will be our season, because if we somehow win we have a shot at being 5-5 with Vikings and Tampa next. Why am I saying this? We need to start somewhere.

Playing the Cowboys in Dallas on MNF will produce similar results vs. Seahawks. I think the Redskins D will get abused more against Cowboys tbh.

Playing the Cowboys in Dallas on MNF will produce similar results vs. Seahawks. I think the Redskins D will get abused more against Cowboys tbh.

I honestly think the Cowboys season so far has been one lucky ass game after another. Just look at the stats what is glaring is the D is not as good as people think and what has won them games is the turnover ratio. In addition other than the Hawks who have they beaten that is decent? I personally believe the game in Seattle was a letdown for the Hawks, coming off a Monday night game, traveling across country etc. Now the fun starts for Dallas and no, I do believe the true Dallas team is more like the one that started the season than the one that played in Seattle. We will see.

We suck yes, but I believe it has more to do with the mental state of the team than talent. So other than the Texans, which btw the girls had to go to OT to beat them and the Jaguars we have played real good teams. And if not for Special Team mistakes we would be 3-3. We are not as bad as our record indicates.

I remember back in 2012 with the huge doom and gloom at 3-6, I believe with the games coming up we could be 5-5 in 4 weeks, or at least 4-6

I agree,The Cowboys success this season is 100% due to the O-line. We could not run against the Seahawks at all, we hit a solid wall. Dallas goes to Seattle and strait up bullied the bullies of the NFL, manhandled their Defense. They ran all over them and gave Romo the time he needed to find receivers. Our Defense might not even get a sack, and Romo will pick our pathetic secondary apart all game. I can't help but think how good our offense would be with a good O-line opening holes for Morris and giving our QB's time to sit in the pocket.  

I honestly think the Cowboys season so far has been one lucky ass game after another. Just look at the stats what is glaring is the D is not as good as people think and what has won them games is the turnover ratio. In addition other than the Hawks who have they beaten that is decent? I personally believe the game in Seattle was a letdown for the Hawks, coming off a Monday night game, traveling across country etc. Now the fun starts for Dallas and no, I do believe the true Dallas team is more like the one that started the season than the one that played in Seattle. We will see.We suck yes, but I believe it has more to do with the mental state of the team than talent. So other than the Texans, which btw the girls had to go to OT to beat them and the Jaguars we have played real good teams. And if not for Special Team mistakes we would be 3-3. We are not as bad as our record indicates.I remember back in 2012 with the huge doom and gloom at 3-6, I believe with the games coming up we could be 5-5 in 4 weeks, or at least 4-6

I would agree with you 100%. I think the Cowboys are a product of a week early schedule, that being said, they are beating the teams they should beat. I am getting tired of all the bandwagon Cowboy fans who have started coming out of hiding. If you look at our schedule, aside from the Jaguar, every team has a winning record so maybe there is a chance. I will be optimistic until the Titans beat them today.

BTW.. the Eagles are lighting up score boards by running more of our offense from 2012 than we are SMH!!

"Your" offense? "Your" offense? :lol:

Chip Kelly was running zone read plays for years before Kyle Shanahan started using them in 2012, so it shouldn't be a surprise that he continued to use them after he became head coach of the Eagles last year.

The Eagles are using "your" offense. Why, those dirty imitators! :lol:

And it seems that the Browns and Hoyer are really pleased with Kyle ! [url=http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000412387/article/kyle-shanahan-

behind-brian-hoyers-browns-success]Kyle Shanahan behind Brian Hoyer's Browns success[/

url]

Sorry bud but I'd beg to differ. Check out Hoyer before he got injured last season. Browns were putting up more points then. The league slept on Hoyer after he got hurt and all the Johnny football noise. Not giving Kyle credit for having a good QB.

I read that Gruden relieved himself of playcalling duty, deferring to McVay. Is this accurate?

If so, Wow. Self benching is close to waving the white towel. 

I had suggested that Gruden may have been a bit overwhelmed taking over coaching duties as a rookie, with all the issues we have had as an organization in tow. Gruden's own words suggested that in preseason, yet I got push back whenever I suggested it. Special teams needed and needs his help. Our defense needs his help. #Meddler. He delegated, and we are lucky to not be 1-6. It's not unexpected to be overwhelmed, of course.

If Sean took over, before dispatching Cousins to the land of the unknown, I was hoping to see us try hurry up with the kid. Do something else besides following Gruden's exact same game plan, and approach to the game. Cousins in his time here often looks rattled at the line, presumed because he struggles to hear play calls, and beat the play clock. Hands over his ear holes time and time again. He was ripe for hurry up. It was easy to see. The entire offense is ripe for it. Give him time to read that zone, survey the field. People wonder why the throws INTs... he is rushed. No, not by the defense, by his own coaches.

Now Cousins confidence is shot, and who knows, maybe his career here. I was hoping to see something radical. Not Morris run right for 1 yard, left for 1 yard aka run moar. Sean obviously called well enough to get the win, but only after yanking Cousins without the courtesy of trying hurry up for a drive, the only thing that consistently sparked our offense last year. Our offense is largely the same. One that cannot produce a 100 yard rusher, and led by a young QB that must be used to his strengths to cover other deficiencies in the team, to win games.

was impressed with the decision to go for it on 4th in and our ability to get the FG before the half in Arizona and then, I think it was a great call to bench Kirk. These are things a lot of the coaches in the past didn't or couldn't do. 

Archived