Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

17 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Bull****. 

Wilcox was a better team player, contributor and teammate.

I stopped at 16 because the point was already proven.  Stop trying to be obtuse...it has never worked for you on any topic. 

16 was without putting any thought into a list. I said if we made a list of top 40 ( or something like that). 

Wilcox was absolutely not a better team player, contributor, and teammate.

Wilcox had a great month here at UMD. His first year he barely played. He was inconsistent most of his second season until the last month of the season. Wilcox was about what he could potentially be, not what he was.

Wilcox made All ACC 3rd team. Melo's made first and 2nd team all big ten while he has been here, and will be back on the first team again. Melo also made honorable all american.

Melo has been the man at UMD since he stepped foot on campus. And you still have 24 names to get to. Focus on that.

The man doesn't disappear. 

The man gets better not treads water. 

Not to mention I have ZERO names left to list. out of those 16, haha, you single out ONE player. Which clearly dictates that my point was proven and Melo will never overcome the status of those players I already listed even if I take Wilcox out of the discussion. 

Also, I said he would be in the top 40...simply not the best Terrapin ever...that is just ridiculous. I am sure I could put Gatlin, Dez, and Layman on the list as well. 

8 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Wilcox was absolutely not a better team player, contributor, and teammate.

Wilcox had a great month here at UMD. His first year he barely played. He was inconsistent most of his second season until the last month of the season. Wilcox was about what he could potentially be, not what he was.

Wilcox made All ACC 3rd team. Melo's made first and 2nd team all big ten while he has been here, and will be back on the first team again. Melo also made honorable all american.

Melo has been the man at UMD since he stepped foot on campus. And you still have 24 names to get to. Focus on that.

So Melo is not inconsistent ? pfft. 

17 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

The man doesn't disappear. 

The man gets better not treads water. 

Not to mention I have ZERO names left to list. out of those 16, haha, you single out ONE player. Which clearly dictates that my point was proven and Melo will never overcome the status of those players I already listed even if I take Wilcox out of the discussion. 

Also, I said he would be in the top 40...simply not the best Terrapin ever...that is just ridiculous. I am sure I could put Gatlin, Dez, and Layman on the list as well. 

So Melo is not inconsistent ? pfft. 

when did I say Melo wasnt inconsistent? He is a lot less inconsistent than Wilcox who was mercurial until the last month of his career at Maryland.

Imma need more names. I didnt disagree most of the other the names listed because I didnt say Melo was the greatest terp basketball player ever. But you are bugging if you think Melo is just a top 40 Terp. He is closer to top 10 than Top 40.

Shoot, I think Melo has had a better career at UMD than Steve Blake had. I would replace Steve Blake with Adrien Branch and Keith Booth to that list.

And Dez and Layman did not have better UMD careers than Melo. 

• Like 1

Benning - Kosher Ham is just trolling. The comment of Wilcox being a better player was obvious. Mentioning Steve Francis who was awesome but played 1 year etc .... im surprised Nik Caner Medley hasnt been mentioned yet. 

Id put Melo at Blake's level. I think Melo does more and has to do more than Blake. 

I think figuring out where Melo goes on the Terps all time list should be had when he hangs it up. 

On to terps v nw. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Benning - Kosher Ham is just trolling. The comment of Wilcox being a better player was obvious. Mentioning Steve Francis who was awesome but played 1 year etc .... im surprised Nik Caner Medley hasnt been mentioned yet. 

Id put Melo at Blake's level. I think Melo does more and has to do more than Blake. 

I think figuring out where Melo goes on the Terps all time list should be had when he hangs it up. 

On to terps v nw. 

still more time.

nd yeah, im realizing more and more Kosher Ham likes a troll.

• Like 1

Okay, been crazy busy last couple of days, but here goes:

Louis Berger

Bob Kessler

Will Hetzel

Lee Brawley

Gene Shue

Gary Ward

Jay McMillen

Tom McMillen

Len Elmore

Barry Yates

Jim O'Brien

Mo Howard

Howard White

John Lucas

Buck Williams 

Albert King

Brad Davis

Evers Burns

Johnny Rhodes

Greg Manning

Derrick Lewis

Bias

Joe Smith

Caner-Medley

Ernest Graham

Massenburg

Gist

Hipp

Terence Morris

Branch

Booth

Profit

Mosley

Mustaf

Gatlin

Simpkins

Steve Sheppard

Baxter

Dixon

Blake

Nicholas

Gilchrist

Stoglin

Vasquez

Walt Williams 

Francis

By my count that's 46, all at least in the discussion. 

Unfortunately, in our convenience store society, most people only remember the most recent.

BTW, Melo had one of his two or three best games as a Terp tonight. Kudos to him, they needed that contribution. Hope he can keep it going.

If you actually think stoglin or gilchrist or drew or mosley or james freaking gist are better .... i dont know what to tell you and there is no point continuing this discussion.  

-------------------------------------

Anyone want to comment on the game sans Melo talk? 

Has Justin Jackson dunked this year? Its like once a game he attacks the basket like he is about to throw down only to be blocked or not pull it off. Odd. Not as odd as Bender never dunking bc Im convinced that the 6'9" cant dunk. 

Huerter - no points but the kid can play some D. Decision making on passes where a little off and telegraphed last night. 

Cowan - played pretty well. Hes starting to get back to where he was before he slumped, running the offense well again and Turg didnt have to pull him and let melo or brantley handle the ball. His OSU performance seems to have gotten him back to some degree. 

Bender - btw his offensive fouls and "too cute" inside passes and missing easy points ... idk about him. he does some things well but he is good for a few TOs per.

Edited by Why am I Mr. Pink?
  • Like 2

I feel real bad for Ceko, never really got into rhythm bc of injuries then fouls. I thought he would take over and be the starter by this time of the season. Dodd has played 12-14 mins the past few games bc he picks up 4 fouls so quick. I guess we hope Dodd doesnt get into foul trouble then it becomes the Bender show. We went small one game this year when Dodd and Ceko were out and played really well (was it the first minny game?) but I dont think that is the long term answer. LG Gill will get some more minutes now, he doesnt pound the glass but hopefully he can help spread the floor. 

6'10" Bruno Fernando is coming in next year so it will be Ceko (sr), Fernando then Bender (jr). 

6'9" Justin Tomaic and 6'7" Micah Thomas are both red shirting but ppl who watch practices are excited. 

I dont think we have any open scholarships left to add a 5th year transfer unless Melo moves on but adding another big would be very nice. 

Here's a good link to recent Terps sports (all sports) news:

http://www.umterps.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=29700&ATCLID=211490289

Also, nice to see the Men's Lax team now #1 in the country (play Yale, who always gives them a hard time, this Saturday, noon @Capital One Field).

Meanwhile, the Lady Terps Lax team now #2 in country, host #1 UNC on Saturday at 3 PM. 

College Lacrosse "center of the universe" will be in College Park this upcoming weekend.

Good Luck to both teams.  If you can, get out and support these great teams.

Fear.  The.  TURTLE!!!!!

• Like 1