Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Tough loss. Almost 8 minutes without a FG to close the game. That's how you lose. I really felt like they should have won this game the way they were playing for most of it. But that long drought at the end is tough to overcome. I still don't understand why Turgeon stops running offense in critical situations. It's always just give it to Melo and hope the defense can't defend a ball screen.

I still really enjoy watching this team. It just gets frustrating at times when they stop running the offense.

Edited by Redskin4ever

they lost when they weren't able to stretch the lead to 18.  Ceko and Huerter both missed gimees with 12 mins in the game. 

43 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

All those tough road wins and then finally a chance to beat a ranked opponent and they choked it away. Ugh. 

They beat a ranked Indiana team. 

You can lay this loss right at the feet of Melo Trimble. 

4-15 from the floor, 0-4 beyond the arc. 5 TO's on the stat sheet (I counted 6), bad decisions with the ball in his hands offensively, and some lazy defense that allowed Purdue shooters a couple open 3s. BAD game. 

Cekovsky was really good today, played straight up against an All-American when he was in. Showed some much needed toughness. 

Game they should have won, but the two scoring lulls 2nd half did them in. Expected from the youngsters, but an experienced Melo has GOT to be the guy to depend on in crunch time. Swanigan came up big, Melo wilted...ballgame.

Schedule gets tougher now, need to buck up, come back, and beat a feisty Penn St. team Tuesday.

Edited by Long n Left

On 2/4/2017 at 2:15 PM, Redskin4ever said:

I still don't understand why Turgeon stops running offense in critical situations. It's always just give it to Melo and hope the defense can't defend a ball screen.

I still really enjoy watching this team. It just gets frustrating at times when they stop running the offense.

I am wondering that as well. I dont know if its Turg or the team but they seem to stand and watch melo in close games late. Melo has pulled it off the last couple games but I really want to know what is the cause of it .. bc it has happened before and will happen in the future. 

Ive heard Turg interviews were he flat out says in crunch time its melo time but i dont think that means the other 4 players stand around and watch. 

Jackson - I want to see some designed feed the post plays for him and have him run the high ball screen with melo more. It seems like we dont run any specific plays for him. This team plays very little inside-out game and its weird bc feeding the post then kicking the ball out is basic offense.

fPSU scares me.  

As far as Basketball. I believe both of these teams could be Elite 8 or better. 

Women are obviously dominant. Men still have some work to do. They could pass that barrier if they start playing better team ball down the stretch ( I put that  on Turg and Melo). 

Football is still another story. Until they get a QB...they will continue to middle. 

5 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

As far as Basketball. I believe both of these teams could be Elite 8 or better. 

I'd be shocked (pleasantly) if the guys made the Elite 8, heck, even the Sweet 16.

Girls, I'd be shocked if they didn't.

Refs this game have been horrid. Terps shooting just as bad. Can we please get some pass oriented offensive sets? Guys are continually dribbling into trouble, or wasting way too much clock.