Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Catch a Break (Arizona Cardinals Game)

Master Blaster

Most 6 weeekers end up being 4 weekers.

I'd rather be full strength and play everyone full strength.

They lost Wilson in FA too. That's gonna be some defense this year.

It's full season according to that link. He had a 4 gamer last year.

I am a Hokie fan and MAN Thomas is soooooooo bad at QB!

He wasn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it seem. He carried that offense the past two years with little to no help practically. I think he will do well in Arizona if he is able to learn behind Palmer for a bit. He has a good coach and a solid defense there so hope it works out for him.

Go Hokies

I remember that was the first game we saw of regular season action with Spurrier at the helm. I thought we were going to be so great because IIRC, we blew them out of the water with the Fun n' Gun offense. Yeah, we all remember how that season worked out. LOL!

Still a LOT of football to be played before we play the cardinals, who knows what happens? Lets not get any bad karma and be happy about suspensions or injuries even though I surely want too. lol

All I can say is it's a shame and hopefully all 32 teams stay injury free and suspension free and may the best team win from week to week. 

If they play Lorenzo at his spot, I hope we take advantage of that.  He's not the best in coverage.

I don't think they can afford to put a safety on Reed with Jackson, Peter Waiter, and Robertson now on our teams.  They HAVE to commit a safety deep for DJax and Pierre, and would almost certainly need to have a shallow safety to contend with Roberts/Garcon/Reed.

Our offense is a nightmare if everyone is healthy, though.  So hopefully we see Zo on Reed and that's a 5 star lock to get him your fantasy team.

But the rest of their defense is stacked and their offense is improved personnel wise.  Hopefully having Roberts will give us some insight into Arians offense.  I think that'll be the bigger task.

This wont be an easy game with or without Washington. Rarely does a team have a 10 win season and miss the playoffs, they are going to be very very good this season. I expect the Cardinals to have a stout defense with honeybadger, patrick peterson still there. Offensively Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd are excellent and they seem to have found a running back. Carson Palmer can be the key to this game, if the Redskins defense is able to get a good rush on him I think they can cause him to make some mistakes which could tip the scales ultimately in our favor. I have this game down as a loss right now for this team but hopefully by the time it rolls around I have changed my mind. 

I don't understand how this is thread worthy. I mean if all 16 teams we play this year lose a player, because of suspension or injury. Is there going to be a thread for each week.

I'm hoping the skins can win games against other teams when that team has there best players on the field. I don't want to beat GB without Rogers or

the Pats without Brady.

I don't understand how this is thread worthy. I mean if all 16 teams we play this year lose a player, because of suspension or injury. Is there going to be a thread for each week.

I'm hoping the skins can win games against other teams when that team has there best players on the field. I don't want to beat GB without Rogers or

the Pats without Brady.

Relax bro.  Some of us like to discuss things other than whether or not we should trade Cousins.

DC9 added some great points on how this affects the game.  Some of us like the strategically aspect of the game and understand the impact this has.  If you don't like it, don't click in the thread.

oh you silly ESers....we should all know by now how this will end...but let me leave it here for digestion ;-P

either:

1) Mara reinstates Washington the week before we play them, only for it to have been a "paperwork snafu" which forces the league to re-suspend Washington for the rest of the year after his 4 sack, 16 tackles, 1 INT, 1 FF effort helps the Cardinals to their first win of the season.  or....

2) believing we're "in the clear" on the way to a scratch in the "W" column, AZ starts former Redskins LB Lorenzo Alexander.  inspired by his "disrespectful contract offers" from the Redskins, he goes off to the tune of 4 sacks, 16 tackles, 1 INT, & 1 FF...never to be seen or heard from again.  also for AZ first win of the season.

there...don't say i didn't warn you.

Many times have we seen players on other teams go down before we played them (or numerous players go down), and many times has it not mattered one iota.

Not saying this year can't be different, where we actually gameplan and exploit certain weaknesses for once, but I don't expect the rest of those players to lay down and die, especially when they have an entire summer to make necessary adjustments and get comfortable with Washington's replacement.

Archived