Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Catch a Break (Arizona Cardinals Game)

Master Blaster

So basically all the teams playing the Cardinals catch a break this season right? I would say we caught a break with Sean Lee's injury and not having to face him twice over Washington being out for the season. Like others have stated how is this thread worthy? It's like saying everybody facing the Browns caught a break with Gordon suspended for the season.

If catching a break is playing a team that loses a player due to suspension, injury, etc, every team in the NFL will catch a break.  The  10-6 Cards  may feel that they have a break in facing a 3-13 team with a new coach.

Ill be at the game :D.

The cards are well coached and playing at home. 1 player wont make or break their year, and i would be careful to chalk this up as an easy W for the skins. Cards are the better team right now and play in a much tougher division.

If catching a break is playing a team that loses a player due to suspension, injury, etc, every team in the NFL will catch a break. The 10-6 Cards may feel that they have a break in facing a 3-13 team with a new coach.

Glad I'm not the only one that keeps up with the rest of the league.

This would be far more relevant if we played Arizona in week 1 or 2 than in week 6. Whoever ends up being Washington's replacement will have had five full games to start before they play us and by week 6 that guy will be playing at his peak. Not saying that his peak will be equal to them having Washington, just saying that it won't matter as much by week 6 as much as it will in the opening weeks.

I miss the days of being able to count on 2 wins vs Arizona every year

That was almost 25 years ago, it basically stopped with the SB team. Ugh, remember the Plummer years, every game would come to a final FG and Arizona would always win. But yea, I had to accept Arizona no longer being a cupcake game after they beat us 36-6 in '93.

That was almost 25 years ago, it basically stopped with the SB team. Ugh, remember the Plummer years, every game would come to a final FG and Arizona would always win. But yea, I had to accept Arizona no longer being a cupcake game after they beat us 36-6 in '93.

LOL wow it has been a long time. But good for them finally getting competitive. Talk about a tough out, having to play in the NFC East against 4 teams that were competing more often than not. And of course the long travel East which many say is a tough thing to do. 

IIRCC, the last time we played them in Az, it was like a home game with all the Skins fans that were there & the kick returner (can't remember his name now) was blowing kisses to the crowd as he sprinted down the sideline toward the endzone. That was quite the beating we gave them then too.

IIRCC, the last time we played them in Az, it was like a home game with all the Skins fans that were there & the kick returner (can't remember his name now) was blowing kisses to the crowd as he sprinted down the sideline toward the endzone. That was quite the beating we gave them then too.

I believe it was the first Antonio Brown....not the one that currently plays for the Steelers.

I believe it was the first Antonio Brown....not the one that currently plays for the Steelers.

Yeah, and I don't know what beating he's talking about. That was a very close, sloppy game. I think we won on a wild CP touchdown that put us up late. Adrian Wilson was all over the field that day.

Reminds me of how ****ty our WR corp was at that point. Our top receivers after Moss, without looking it up, were probably James Thrash, Jimmy Farris and Taylor ****ing Jacobs. Good lord.

Jesus who the **** was Jimmy Farris?

Zero recollection of him

Aaaand thats how badly we had it at receiver......

I really don't remember where he came from (he was either a PS guy who was called up,or he was cut from another team and brought on to ours.. All I know was that he was just all of a sudden there..... That, and he sucked. 

He was the Nick Williams of the '05 season.

Archived