Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most irrelevant team in the NFL?

Which team seems to be almost irrelevant year in and year out in the NFL?

And by irrelevant, I don't mean "irrelevant to the playoffs" or "irrelevant to Super Bowl talk". I mean they just don't register on your radar, at all.

For me, it's a tie between the Raiders and the Jaguars. There are times when I literally forget they're even in the NFL. Almost every team in the NFL league has something about them that I can latch onto and be interested in...except for those two. It's impossible for me to give less of a **** about either team than I already do.

So which teams would be the most irrelevant to you in your eyes? (and yes, I know if you're a big FF junkie, every team holds interest in your eyes lol)

"NFL league" copyright Pittman4Two. All rights reserved.

Buffalo bills are #1. Generally very average, and have no real good story lines either. The only slightly intriguing time since Jim Kelly retired was a brief fire under Doug flutie. Otherwise it's been 20 years of boring losing.

Jags are probably #2. But they were more relevant more recently.

Browns are tied with the jags. Just boring and losing.

Raiders were always interesting. Even if terrible. especially when Al Davis was alive.

Jacksonville, not a huge market, no history and people in the area are either Dolphin or Cowboys fans or don't watch pro football at all completely, even when they're good no one really cares about them. Buffalo is #2, at least they still have some hardcore fans left from the glory days but really both franchises should just move to Los Angeles and San Antonio already, the league would be far better off.

The Jags because they've been terrible since Del Rio left, and we hardly ever play them.

Just to see, I looked at all the teams we've played (outside the division) since the Browns and Texans became teams (again for the Browns) in 2002.

This is what it looks like:

Redskins opponents since 2002

Chicago - 6

Detroit - 6

Green Bay - 5

Minnesota - 7

Atlanta - 5

Carolina - 5

New Orleans - 6

Tampa Bay - 8 & 1 playoff game

Arizona - 5

Saint Louis - 8

San Francisco - 6

Seattle - 5 & 3 playoff games

Buffalo - 3

Miami - 3

New England - 3

New York Jets - 3

Baltimore - 3

Cincinnati - 3

Cleveland - 3

Pittsburgh - 3

Houston - 3

Indianopolis - 3

Jacksonville - 3

Tennessee - 3

Denver - 3

Kansas City - 3

Oakland - 3

San Diego - 3

So, outside our division, the teams we play the most are Tampa, Seattle and Saint Louis in 2nd, with Minnesota 3rd.

The teams we play the least are all the AFC teams, but if we're going NFC then it's Green Bay, Arizona, Atlanta, and Carolina.

Seattle would be one of those "least played" teams, but we keep meeting in the playoffs.

And now, not even that guy is there.

I was thinking Gabbert, but he's not there either.  And the only reason he's known is because he's a huge bust and we thought the Skins might have picked him.

EDIT:

I had to check but I remembered they made some big FA signings.  Ziggy Hood (DE formerly with Pittsburgh), Red Bryant and Chris Clemons (DT and DE formerly with Seattle).  I'll admit, I didn't remember the names, just that they were DL and were known.  

However, they will now go to Jacksonville and never be heard from again (ala Jason Babin and Justin Forsett).

The Jags because they've been terrible since Del Rio left, and we hardly ever play them.

Just to see, I looked at all the teams we've played (outside the division) since the Browns and Texans became teams (again for the Browns) in 2002.

This is what it looks like:

Redskins opponents since 2002

Chicago - 6

Detroit - 6

Green Bay - 5

Minnesota - 7

I was surpised that Detroit came behind Minnesota... it seems like we play (and lose to) St Louis and Detroit every ******* season.

Honestly I'd say Miami. I wouldn't say the Jags because they're so bad they're kind of on your radar. The Bills are always relevant because of the Toronto/LA potential move and their owner just passing away.

The Dolphins are just...there. They don't suck, but they aren't good. They have no real marketable players or coaches and play in a boring arena in a city that is the worst by far in the nation when it comes to the fans. They haven't really been relevant since Marino retired.

Raiders are probably #2 but the Al Davis aura is still persistent.

Hmm great point, I don't recall any Redskins-Jaguar games

Yeah I think we've only played them twice. Once in 05-06 or 06-07 (we won in overtime 36-30 with a long bomb from Brunell to moss) and the 2010-2011 season (beat them in overtime with a graham gano field goal 20-17). Other than that haven't played them at all

Yeah I think we've only played them twice. Once in 05-06 or 06-07 (we won in overtime 36-30 with a long bomb from Brunell to moss) and the 2010-2011 season (beat them in overtime with a graham gano field goal 20-17). Other than that haven't played them at all

I'd like to know how they go about setting up the schedule. ..but that's ok because I'd be really disappointed if we always lose to them kinda like with the Rams

Archived