Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lifenews:Shocking Report Shows 15,000 Aborted Babies Incinerated to Heat British Hospitals

Zguy28

Well, spearfeather, with respect to you, when I start to take the OP seriously, I think the most unfunny thing about it is the thinking behind trying to make an outrage out of it (and by "it" I mean the whole story).

Too bad the topic headline posted is such sensationalist spinning---it's quite like a troll. I should have guessed by the site's name (and then you get the "pro-life" pop-ups when you go there).

The piece reads like sheer pap. It's a weak effort---like starting a thread with some of the flakier crap from WND or the DemUnd.

The article, and perpetuating its intent, seems more ghoulish to me than the dark humor it prompted. Ok, not really, but I liked that line.  :P 

I meant everything else.  :ph34r:

So now I'll go back to not taking 'it' (the thread or the article/OP's "point") seriously (and stay out of it).   :)

That's fine, and maybe the OP should have just used the Telegraph link instead.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10717566/Aborted-babies-incinerated-to-heat-UK-hospitals.html

Agreed amigo, though I think any real story here lies in matters covered---like discussing stuff w/parents---in the article you linked, not Z's. You can sure see (assumption verified) the "extra glam" lifenews added to the title and the write-up (Z's linked article even goes Godwin's Law in the opening).

does what they do with the remains really matter?

kinda late to worry over niceties at that point

I kinda think it does matter to be honest. When I think about this, I have images of a bad sci fi movie where we are using recycled human bodies for food.

I think its wrong and in poor taste. Just my 2cents. 

Why do you all feel you must interject with a political agenda in every thread? Are you that obsessed? Crazy? Since this is in England, it really has nothing to with our politics. Even joking about it looks ignorant. Talk about agenda boyz.

Did you actually read the OP (and linked article) and think about it before you posted?

What the hell would you call the "bait" there if not a horrifically spun matter on what is one of the consistently hottest sociopolitical topics for many, many people?

That's kinda of like popping into a thread about special teams in the stadium and harping on why people always have to attack Danny Smith or defend Danny Smith in every thread about special teams. Really, pjf, and I love ya, my two cents is that yours was a more "why???" post than any other in here---it's heartfelt, knowing you, but if I didn't I'd think it was more just a self-indulgent burst of ineffective and misplaced posturing.

I'd say the OP has engendered the appropriate posts to date whether dismissive, supportive or merely dark humor appearing as a sign of disrespect and ridicule (within the rules of course) of the thread title, opening post, linked article, and intended premise.

Agreed amigo, though I think any real story here lies in matters covered---like discussing stuff w/parents---in the article you linked, not Z's. You can sure see (assumption verified) the "extra glam" lifenews added to the title and the write-up (Z's linked article even goes Godwin's Law in the opening).

Not least that as per the Telegraph article the foetal remains come from still births and miss carriages not just abortions. I think the practice lacks sensitivity and it seems to have been stopped but turning this into an anti abortion message is weak at best. 

Did you actually read the OP (and linked article) and think about it before you posted?

What the hell would you call the "bait" there if not a horrifically spun matter on what is one of the consistently hottest sociopolitical topics for many, many people?

That's kinda of like popping into a thread about special teams in the stadium and harping on why people always have to attack Danny Smith or defend Danny Smith in every thread about special teams. Really, pjf, and I love ya, my two cents is that yours was a more "why???" post than any other in here---it's heartfelt, knowing you, but if I didn't I'd think it was more just a self-indulgent burst of ineffective and misplaced posturing.

I'd say the OP has engendered the appropriate posts to date whether dismissive, supportive or merely dark humor appearing as a sign of disrespect and ridicule (within the rules of course) of the thread title, opening post, linked article, and intended premise.

It is what it is. I still love you big guy.

Not least that as per the Telegraph article the foetal remains come from still births and miss carriages not just abortions. I think the practice lacks sensitivity and it seems to have been stopped but turning this into an anti abortion message is weak at best. 

I think it demonstrates an overall callousness toward human life that is present in the world.

I'd say the OP has engendered the appropriate posts to date whether dismissive, supportive or merely dark humor appearing as a sign of disrespect and ridicule (within the rules of course) of the thread title, opening post, linked article, and intended premise.

I had no problem with the OP or the subject. I've just seen a trend in tailgate where every thread gets turned into a GOP vs Dem argument.

I apologize if I went off topic (which I admittedly did). I guess the political posturing rubbed me the wrong way. I won't drive by in here any more.

It is what it is. I still love you big guy.

Right back at you---and I know (believe ;)  :)) there's a great deal of depth and passion to your views, of course----but I will still be me and call it as I see it. I was talking to someone the other day about how it's quite normal and workable to have repeated strong differences with someone, and even have your emotions stirred powerfully to the negative at times in the process, and still like them and seek or accept some mutually acceptable coexistence and even more.

You remain in the "even more" category with me. I also said to this person "you don't always have to be getting along with anyone all the time, even those you love most."  ^_^

I think it demonstrates an overall callousness toward human life that is present in the world.

I love the sentiment here.  :)

I had no problem with the OP or the subject. I've just seen a trend in tailgate where every thread gets turned into a GOP vs Dem argument.

I apologize if I went off topic (which I admittedly did). I guess the political posturing rubbed me the wrong way. I won't drive by in here any more.

Or maybe it was just me. You're fine. Just that "extra" (red) bit you added made your thoughts more accessible and clear to me. Don't stay away because of anything I posted there, would be my request. As a long-time ES'er, I like reading you in any thread regardless of the actual viewpoints under discussion.

Right back at you---and I know (believe ;):)) there's a great deal of depth and passion to your views, of course----but I will still be me and call it as I see it. I was talking to someone the other day about how it's quite normal and workable to have repeated strong differences with someone, and even have your emotions stirred powerfully to the negative at times in the process, and still like them and seek or accept some mutually acceptable coexistence and even more.

This thread is largely depressing, but this was bright spot. Good post.. More people should think this way.

Archived