Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

thesidelineview.com: Former Bears GM Jerry Angelo Rates Every Quarterback from the 2013 NFL Season

Califan007 The Constipated

^^Jerry Angelo panning Cutler for lack of poise is funny.

Considering Cutler's poise was fine in Denver when he was well protected.

I think this is what they call projection in psychology.

Jerry is projecting his short comings in drafting or building an functional offensive line onto Cutler for lacking poise.

Can someone tell me what bias Jerry Angelo would have against the Redskins or RG3 in particular?  Seemed mild compared to the moronic criticism RG3 gets here - like he would play better if he weren't doing so many commercials.

I'm more surprised that people aren't combusting over his statement that Cousins lacks the arm talent to be a starter.  Makes me think that people are criticizing his opinion without reading it.

"Won't have a successful NFL career working outside the pocket"

Russel Wilson just won a Super Bowl doing it.  Aaron Rodgers scrambles and throws to the tune of elite QB.  Poor choice of words IMO.

John Elway and Steve Young also scrambled and threw the ball very well.

"Won't have a successful NFL career working outside the pocket"

Russel Wilson just won a Super Bowl doing it.  Aaron Rodgers scrambles and throws to the tune of elite QB.  Poor choice of words IMO.

You're taking that statement out of context, at least IMO. Comparing him more to Vick than someone like Rodgers.

John Elway and Steve Young also scrambled and threw the ball very well.

Comparing their running, versus RGIII's rookie season isn't remotely close.

It ain't rhe Koolaid that gets you drunk, it's the grain that takes you there....

You are right about RG3 having a lot to prove, but so does everyone on this team, from head coach down.

Contrary to the way I obviously come across, I don't think he has much to prove- and I think the other 52 have a lot more to improve than Grif does.

Cam Newton is becoming over rated. Cam Newton's 2013 stats are actually worse than RG3's when considering that RG3 didn't play a whole season unlike Cam. Cam barely surpassed RG3 through the air with yards. Cam had a 61.7% passing and RG3 has 60.1% I watched my share of Panthers games this season (cause where I live) I don't see what is impressive.

A RG3 with no off season/knee & all still manages to have identical numbers like Cam did.

Watching the media coverage of RG3 in his rookie year and first off season was glowing to flat out fawning with most thinking he's the best of the young QBs or at least neck and neck with Luck.  He takes a step back coming off of major surgery and with no off-season and most of the media has written him off as a potential bust and is now considered by them as the weakest by a mile of the young QBs.  But actually I don't mind it.  For a guy who is a workaholic and is determined to have a big year -- I think the negativity will help fuel him.

To me it comes down mostly to three constructive criticisms I've heard that all center on one point.

1.  Jaws said RG3's footwork was "perfect" rookie year but said he can tell from watching him warm up in preseason right through the season -- that the injury messed up his footwork. 

2.  Joe Theismann early last season he didn't expect RG3 to be right until January of 2014 -- when his leg would have a full year to recover.  His point was the plant leg has the biggest impact on accuracy and it needs to be 100% healed and feeling 100% right -- and that generally doesn't happen until 1 year post surgery

3.  RG3's predraft QB coach who got him ready for the combine, etc said that during this season he saw RG3's throws sail high a lot -- and he would never do so previously.  He elaborated that its happening because RG3 is not fully planting on his leg.   

Archived