Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peyton Manning vs. Tom Brady

98ORAKPO98

Peyton Manning or Tom Brady?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be considered the better QB after retirement, Manning or Brady?

Anyways, back to the topic. If Manning wins the superbowl, it will be hard to say which one of the two is better. Brady has the chips, but Manning has the accolades. Plus, he would be the one with 2 superbowl rings with two different teams. Hard to argue that he isnt better.

Lol @ you comparing the receiving numbers under Tebow and Manning. I noticed you totally ignored that conversation. You seem to be great at doing that when someone points out how silly your arguments are.

I don't know how we are supposed to compare the two Denver teams if we can't use results or statistics. The offenses are totally different which does make it tough. 

In 2011 if you thought about Broncos talent you'd probably say Ryan Clady, Demaryius Thomas, Von Miller, and I guess Champ Bailey. Two of those four barely played this year and Champ is old, it didn't slow them down at all. Though you could say they have great depth then, I wouldn't know.

Anyway based on your recent posts it sounds like the only thing we disagree on is how good/talented the 2011 Denver team was, which is one of the most confusing NFL teams in history and still doesn't make total sense to me to this day. So, cheers. 

Either way, go Manning, I hate Seattle. 

I don't know how we are supposed to compare the two Denver teams if we can't use results or statistics. The offenses are totally different which does make it tough.

In 2011 if you thought about Broncos talent you'd probably say Ryan Clady, Demaryius Thomas, Von Miller, and I guess Champ Bailey. Two of those four barely played this year and Champ is old, it didn't slow them down at all. Though you could say they have great depth then, I wouldn't know.

Anyway based on your recent posts it sounds like the only thing we disagree on is how good/talented the 2011 Denver team was, which is one of the most confusing NFL teams in history and still doesn't make total sense to me to this day. So, cheers.

Either way, go Manning, I hate Seattle.

You can compare the two teams' talent level, you just can't compare receiving numbers of Tebow's WRs to Mannings, when the offenses couldn't be any different, plus Denver was the top rush offense then and hardly ever threw the ball. Thats literally comparing apples to oranges. Not sure what Oz was thinking even going there.

You can compare the two teams' talent level, you just can't compare receiving numbers of Tebow's WRs to Mannings, when the offenses couldn't be any different, plus Denver was the top rush offense then and hardly ever threw the ball. Thats literally comparing apples to oranges. Not sure what Oz was thinking even going there.

Agree with that. 

I actually hope Brady ends up with another team for 2-3 years similar to Manning, would be interesting to see. Doesn't seem like Montana gets enough acclaim for what he did in KC. 

Brady and it's not even an argument. If he wins his 2nd superbowl it makes for a good debate, but at the end of the day Brady is better. Brady wins with nothing all the time, Manning always has unbelievable weapons around him to make him better. If Brady had the weapons the Colts had (Dallas Clark/Harrison/Wayne) he would have won 5 superbowls with that roster. Brady would be licking his chops if he had WR cores like Manning did.

maybe, maybe not.

If he had those weapons, the defense wouldn't have been as good. Much like the teams Manning lead.

Brady's 3 SBs we're lead by the Pats defense.

I'd argue the opposite would be true: if you put manning on those Pats SB teams with those defenses, he'd win just as much.

Both are outstanding QBs.

Peyton isn't the best, he doesn't have enough Super Bowls, his pathetic team screwed him. Tom Brady isn't the best, his defense won him his 3 Super Bowls while he was a game manager. He lost 2 Super Bowls once he became a better player but he hasn't done squat as of late except over throw receivers in big games. Joe Montana won 4 Super Bowls while never throwing an interception in those games, that's great and all but he doesn't have the regular season stats and accolades to be considered the best. Basically none of these guys stack up to who will be the best... none other than our very own RGIII who is going to win 5 Super Bowls and win multiple MVP's while doing so. He will be considered the best when it's all said and done. Can I get an amen.

Peyton Manning is 11-12 all time in the playoffs and 1-2 in Superbowls, Brady is 18-8 in the playoffs and 3-2 in Superbowls.

There are 24 Qb's that have played in 10 or more playoff games and they all have a better win % than Manning. How can this even be an arguement?

1 Tom Brady 26 18 8 .692

2 Joe Montana† 23 16 7 .696

3 Terry Bradshaw† 19 14 5 .737

4 John Elway† 21 14 7 .667

5 Brett Favre 24 13 11 .542

6 Troy Aikman† 15 11 4 .733

7 Roger Staubach† 17 11 6 .647

8 Peyton Manning 23 11 12 .478

9 Ben Roethlisberger 14 10 4 .714

10 Bart Starr† 10 9 1 .900

11 Kurt Warner 13 9 4 .692

12 Joe Flacco 13 9 4 .692

13 Donovan McNabb 16 9 7 .563 Eagles

14 Jim Kelly† 17 9 8 .529 Bills    

15 Jim Plunkett 10 8 2 .800

16 Eli Manning 11 8 3 .727

17 Steve Young† 14 8 6 .571

18 Dan Marino† 18 8 10 .444 Dolphins 

19 Ken Stabler 12 7 5 .583

20 Johnny Unitas† 8 6 2 .750

21 Joe Theisman 8 6 2 .750

22 Phil Simms 10 6 4 .600

23 Bob Griese† 11 6 5 .545

24 Drew Brees 11 6 5 .545

25 Fran Tarkenton† 11 6 5 .545

There is no argument.  Tom Brady is the better quarterback.  I don't care how good you are in the regular season, if you can't find a way to win in the postseason then you can't be considered one of the best.  Manning has consistently underperformed in big games.  

And yes, it is a team game and Manning did not lose all those playoff games by himself.  But he certainly contributed.  I don't need to tell you how important the QB position is.

LOL the Brady lovers are coming out of the woodwork tonight.

Manning still > Brady, but both have black marks on their post season records, there will be another QB that passes these two in the near future, hint, he wears the number 10.

Peyton looked off key tonight; I guess the Seattle defense had a big influence in that...

The whole Broncos team looked crappy tonight, Manning played ok with what he had to work with, a bunch of scared sissies afraid to carpe diem.

LOL the Brady lovers are coming out of the woodwork tonight.

Just like all of the Peyton lovers came out of the woodwork after the AFC Championship.

I want to say that tonight was an all-around drubbing, and it was, but Manning screwed Denver early. The picks were his fault.

Just like all of the Peyton lovers came out of the woodwork after the AFC Championship.

I want to say that tonight was an all-around drubbing, and it was, but Manning screwed Denver early. The picks were his fault.

What about his fumbles and the happy feet in the pocket.  Peyton was terrible and that led to the 3rd worst beating put on a team in Superbowl history.  I was surprised when the reporter asked him if he was embarrassed he took it personally.  How could you not be embarrassed getting beat by a 2nd year QB and a team thats never been in the Superbowl when your supposed to be NFL royalty.

The first one was, but not the second, that one is attributed to his crappy offensive line play allowing Manning to get smacked while he was attempting to pass the ball.

Archived