Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peyton Manning vs. Tom Brady

98ORAKPO98

Peyton Manning or Tom Brady?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be considered the better QB after retirement, Manning or Brady?

What about his fumbles and the happy feet in the pocket.  Peyton was terrible and that led to the 3rd worst beating put on a team in Superbowl history.  I was surprised when the reporter asked him if he was embarrassed he took it personally.  How could you not be embarrassed getting beat by a 2nd year QB and a team thats never been in the Superbowl when your supposed to be NFL royalty.

How was he terrible bro? His receivers could not get open and his offensive line could not block anybody. The special teams collapsed and the defense got shredded. Manning threw one pick that was his fault. The other pick and the fumble of his can be attributed to horrible offensive line play, and great D line play by Seattle. The old adage defense wins championships held true tonight. Brady would have been smacked around also if he had the chance to play tonight, which he didn't because he lost his second AFC championship game to a more superior QB.

I already believed Brady was the superior QB of the two, but as I said in the game thread, tonight, in my opinion, completely ended the debate.

Until next season when Manning beats Brady again in the playoffs.

I already believed Brady was the superior QB of the two, but as I said in the game thread, tonight, in my opinion, completely ended the debate.

Yeah. Brady is better. Always has been. But Peyton is still great. And tonight certainly wasn't all on him. His team got their asses beat top to bottom. Receivers running bad routes. Center snapping the ball during an audible on the first play. Special teams falling apart. RBs fumbling. Seattle was flat out better. Really the only spots Denver had superior talent to Seattle was at QB and WR/TE. That wasn't enough to overcome Seattle's massive advantage everywhere else. And when you come out and dig a hole like that right away, Seattle can flat out embarrass you.

BTW, props to Kam Chancellor, Percy Harvin, and Russell Wilson. Virginia dudes. Chancellor went to Maury in Norfolk, near where I live. Harvin is from Chesapeake and was a big time high school player here. And Russell Wilson is from Richmond and went to H.S. at Collegiate, which is near where I went to college. I wish I could have seen him play way back then.

Virginia dudes dominated that game.

Yeah. Brady is better. Always has been. But Peyton is still great. And tonight certainly wasn't all on him. His team got their asses beat top to bottom. Receivers running bad routes. Center snapping the ball during an audible on the first play. Special teams falling apart. RBs fumbling. Seattle was flat out better. Really the only spots Denver had superior talent to Seattle was at QB and WR/TE. That wasn't enough to overcome Seattle's massive advantage everywhere else. And when you come out and dig a hole like that right away, Seattle can flat out embarrass you.

BTW, props to Kam Chancellor, Percy Harvin, and Russell Wilson. Virginia dudes. Chancellor went to Maury in Norfolk, near where I live. Harvin is from Chesapeake and was a big time high school player here. And Russell Wilson is from Richmond and went to H.S. at Collegiate, which is near where I went to college. I wish I could have seen him play way back then.

Virginia is the greatest state in the USA. Congrats to the VA boys.

Some said it was a HUGE mistake for Manning to have signed with the Broncos, saying they were not a good team and not ready to win right away, yet Manning turns that team around and two years later turns them into the GREATEST offensive team of all time! WOW.

I know this post is two weeks old but I just can't ignore it. Did you really use Skip Bayless to make your argument? Good God man...

And **** I feel dirty for agreeing with Bubble Screen. The truth is the truth though. And it appears that even Bubble can't ignore it on this one. Brady > Manning

(And Steve of course Peyton is still great. He just isn't greater than Brady.)

How was he terrible bro? His receivers could not get open and his offensive line could not block anybody. The special teams collapsed and the defense got shredded. Manning threw one pick that was his fault. The other pick and the fumble of his can be attributed to horrible offensive line play, and great D line play by Seattle. The old adage defense wins championships held true tonight. Brady would have been smacked around also if he had the chance to play tonight, which he didn't because he lost his second AFC championship game to a more superior QB.

Until next season when Manning beats Brady again in the playoffs.

Look, Manning threw 2 picks today and the pick 6 was the beginning of the end of this game.  He threw 2 picks last year vs the Ravens and the pick in OT gave the Ravens the ball in Broncos territory and ended the game.  There are plenty of more examples of Peyton choking in big games.

These are facts not my opinion.

Brady is 18-8 all time in the playoffs

Brady is 10-4 head to head vs Manning.

Am I missing something?

What about his fumbles and the happy feet in the pocket. Peyton was terrible and that led to the 3rd worst beating put on a team in Superbowl history. I was surprised when the reporter asked him if he was embarrassed he took it personally. How could you not be embarrassed getting beat by a 2nd year QB and a team thats never been in the Superbowl when your supposed to be NFL royalty.

Do you recall what the question was? And what was Peyton's answer? Was this at the podium? I didn't see any of that.

I think prime Steve Young in SF was the best QB I've ever seen but that period of his productivity didn't last long enough to qualify him for GOAT.

I think Brady is second only to Montana for GOAT QB. Part of that is being in the right place at the right time of course. I think a lot of Peyton Manning's respect comes from his personal likability, and admiration for his work ethic and fanatical preparation. But Brady is just better. Better competitor, cooler head, better decision maker, better instincts. Playing Brady has always scared me far more than Manning.

Look, Manning threw 2 picks today and the pick 6 was the beginning of the end of this game. He threw 2 picks last year vs the Ravens and the pick in OT gave the Ravens the ball in Broncos territory and ended the game. There are plenty of more examples of Peyton choking in big games.

These are facts not my opinion.

Brady is 18-8 all time in the playoffs

Brady is 10-4 head to head vs Manning.

Am I missing something?

You forgot about Peyton's worst pick, the pick 6 vs the Saints that cost them a shot at a title.

This poll should have been conducted after the SB. Brady should have every single vote right now.

I'll go ahead and predict it right here.  2014 will be Peyton's final season.  The Broncos will miss the playoffs by finishing 7-9.  The miserable season will start off with people saying it's the usual superbowl hangover for Superbowl losers but you will see Manning play worse and worse to the point where Peyton Manning will not finish the Broncos season as they will see if their backup is the future.

Peyton retires after season. 

I'll go ahead and predict it right here. 2014 will be Peyton's final season. The Broncos will miss the playoffs by finishing 7-9. The miserable season will start off with people saying it's the usual superbowl hangover for Superbowl losers but you will see Manning play worse and worse to the point where Peyton Manning will not finish the Broncos season as they will see if their backup is the future.

Peyton retires after season.

With all due respect, unless Peyton is injured, there's no chance any of that happens, other than maybe him retiring.

All the advanced reads and mechanics are pointless when faced with a real defense. Senver had a solid D. Russell had to scramble for his life but he still had the skill and arm-strength to fire it in when he had to or throw a bomb fade down the sideline when given time to throw. He looked infinitely more capable than manning. If manning gets breathed on he becomes useless. He is overrated and I consider the myth of the "pocket passer" totally and utterly debunked now.

Virginia is the greatest state in the USA. Congrats to the VA boys.

I've never gotten the "state pride" thing when it comes to sports.  Randy White went the Maryland, which is my homestate, but when the Cowboys won SBs with him, I'd rather give him the middle finger then laud him, but that's just me.  I just don't care what state they came from or what college they rep. 

I love Manning but if my life is on the line and I have to win one game, I'm taking Tom Brady.

I'm taking Joe "Cool" Montana every day, any day and always.

The argument is moot anyway.  20 years ago, we were arguing Montana vs Marino.  Years before that it was Staubach vs Bradshaw.  Both are HOF QBs within their own right.  Both have won a ring, both have broken records, both have great stats and both have had great careers.

The Brady supporters will throw out the rings and the Manning supporters will throw out the stats, but ultimately neither will change their minds.  I think both are great QBs and I can admire both of their careers.  I'm a little more biased towards Peyton because I'm more of a stats guy and not a ring guy.

In 10 years, we'll be talking about 2 other QBs and arguing who is the greatest of all time. The cycle will continue.

Unfortunately, Harvin is from Virginia Beach, not Chesapeake.

Brady had the worst situation this year with his best 2 weapons out the majority of the season.  The Fact he was able to get by and get to the AFC Championship with a couple of rookies and little white guys says a lot.  Not to mention, the defense was decimated by injuries as well 

It's impossible to say who is the GOAT. The rules have changed so much since I started watching in 1960. Unitas was an absolute beast and I wonder how he would do under today's rules. Back in the day, D-linemen were headslapping their way to the QB. Flags weren't thrown because someone breathed on the receiver or because someone looked mean at the QB. I wonder how Manning or Brady would feel after getting rammed in the face by Butkus and not seeing a flag? GOAT can be done for the rules of the time, but not for forever.

And for me, the greatest football player is still Jerry Rice...if I had to pick a GOAT.

Archived