Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The House that Bruce Built

Voice_of_Reason

Well you start with a GM. Not a friend of the family.

Yeah. That would help. And I agree with your overall point that we need a real GM.

But i have an opinion that this is the most underachieving team I've ever seen.

And I don't know why. The players currently on the team are better than they are playing. Across the board. There really is some talent here.

Maybe it's just the QB is an ass, or nobody likes him, a la Jay Shroeder. Dunno. But there's something else going on here that's causing the team to under perform.

If Gibbs had this exact same team, they're over .500. And there's really doubt in my mind about that.

We're going to get rolled, lit and smoked these next 3 games I'm afraid.

49er's

Colts

Rams

Colts might score 80.

49er will look more like the Seattle game.

I still like Bruce as a VP of operations and contract guy, just not a personnel football specific guy.

We need a GM to pick the coach, pick the scouting department and acquire the talent during the off season.

I don't think the size of the scouting department matters as much as the quality of the scouting department.  Just look at the current roster of drafted players and the results speak for themselves.  Keeping and developing draft picks has generally not been the problem.  Drafting the right players in the first place has been the biggest problem.

I will add that BA has not done a bad job at bringing in FA's.  He has not done great, but we have done much worse prior to his arrival.

• Like 1

And I don't know why. The players currently on the team are better than they are playing. Across the board. There really is some talent here.

Maybe it's just the QB is an ass, or nobody likes him, a la Jay Shroeder. Dunno. But there's something else going on here that's causing the team to under perform.

Don't buy that as an explanation. 

I just think we lack leadership and have too many players lacking character. A good GM would have a list of guys who need to be gone to start rebuilding the locker room. It's one thing I don't think we as fans can really know.

Yeah. That would help. And I agree with your overall point that we need a real GM.

Totally disagree. Very little talent where it counts. Just admit it and you'll feel better.

• Like 2

The players currently on the team are better than they are playing. Across the board. There really is some talent here.

Yeah maybe the team is giving up on RG3 and Jackson saying the team has to get behind him sure makes it seem that way.

Nobody was saying that this team was under performing 2 games ago after beating Dallas in Dallas with RG3 standing there in street clothes.

Little big man Daniel Snyder has always been about beating Dallas- He really doesn't care about "winning." He cares about himself and about making money - which he does regardless of the team's WL record.  The win earlier this season - fed his ego.  The entire organization takes on his personality.  Be "big" and make money- RGIII!  Robert has a a winner's heart-but the toxic environment that entitled him (and his father) has spoiled him and blinded him to self-awareness.  This will end ugly. I say Gruden will bench III against the wishes of LBM and his puppet Allen and 1. get fired at the end of the season, or 2.) quit.  RG's wife will leave him for Russell Wilson and he will be traded to another team-and be the star we hoped for.  And a new offseason of hope will begin. SNYDER take this circus and the name outta town. GODDELL give us an expansion team with a new name and owner!

Edited by celticsalmon

Totally disagree. Very little talent where it counts. Just admit it and you'll feel better.

I disagree. Williams, DJax, Garçon, Morris, Kory L. , Reed on offense, are good players. Defense has some young players that are growing and playing well.

Same group beat Dallas 3 weeks ago. When they didn't underperform across the board.

I think they can perform. But they're not. And that's somewhat puzzling.

Don't buy that as an explanation.

I just think we lack leadership and have too many players lacking character. A good GM would have a list of guys who need to be gone to start rebuilding the locker room. It's one thing I don't think we as fans can really know.

I'll give you the reason to the leadership issue: they never replaced London's leadership.

Griffin was an on-field leader in 2012, but he didn't have to be a locker room leader. London had most of that covered.

Griffin, for all the talk of leadership, has never been a leader on his team.

I disagree. Williams, DJax, Garçon, Morris, Kory L. , Reed on offense, are good players. Defense has some young players that are growing and playing well.

It's the NFL.  90% of teams have a "good player" at WR and RB.  

Can you imagine if Mike Evans was on this team?  Half this board would need to be hospitalized when he scored that second touchdown.   The man-crushes over Jordan Reed, probably the third-best TE in the NFC East, are pretty intense.  

I think the biggest issue is that Allen failed to address the OLine.  Chester and Luavao have been absolutely terrible, in run and pass blocking.  It's hard to win football games when your interior line is getting beat constantly.  It's really hurt the running game and made the passing game far worse than it should be.  It such an issue that the weakness at right tackle and the unimpressive play at center seems like much smaller issues in comparison.  

All of the other areas in which talent is lacking wouldn't look as bad if the Redskins offense could stay on the field and the biggest reason they can't is the interior line is making absolutely everything more difficult. 

I think the biggest issue is that Allen failed to address the OLine.  Chester and Luavao have been absolutely terrible, in run and pass blocking.  It's hard to win football games when your interior line is getting beat constantly.  It's really hurt the running game and made the passing game far worse than it should be.  It such an issue that the weakness at right tackle and the unimpressive play at center seems like much smaller issues in comparison.  

All of the other areas in which talent is lacking wouldn't look as bad if the Redskins offense could stay on the field and the biggest reason they can't is the interior line is making absolutely everything more difficult. 

Luavao was considered a laughable signing.  That plus our lack of drafting in the trenches....

I stopped watching games a couple weeks into the year because it was all just too painful to watch, and I'm glad I didn't watch today's game either.  What a sad state of affairs, when diehard fans aren't even watching anymore.  The games are embarrassing and boring.

No offense, but if you didn't watch you can't comment.  It's really pathetic and proves you don't like football.

It's often less about the individual moves and ore about a general lack of vision. 

For example, this last year was a tremendous year for FA Ts, especially guys who were just good  on the left side, but really good on the RT side. Meanwhile, it was maybe the best and deepest WR draft class in history. And we were trying to teach Griffin how to play from the pocket, necessitating the need to get the line up and running from day 1.

It was all simple- you go sign a Veldheer type in FA, you've turned your biggest weakness into a strength and have a line that Griffin can go behind. Then a good WR is guaranteed to fall to you. Simple, perfect.

Instead, we spend money on a mediocre WR in Roberts and draft projects who won't help until at least 2015. We still don't have a line, a year of development and confidence for Griffin is completely lost and we're left with a ridiculously expensive WR corps that is underutilized because of what's going on in the pocket.

This is one reason I laughed at all those confidents posts about our FO having 'one guy handle the cap, one guy handle FA, one guy handle the draft....' etc. These things, when done right, are done in concert with each other. By someone with the vision to put a whole plan together.

• Like 1

Can you imagine if Mike Evans was on this team?  Half this board would need to be hospitalized when he scored that second touchdown. 

You assume way too much.

What has to happen before a WR scores a TD?

If he was on this team Redskins fans would be asking why he disappeared the past 2 weeks.

The house that Bruce built? It's a house that I want to watch burn. Watch that mother burn, burn.

We have become a running joke for way too long now. For the love of God, Daniel Snyder if you are a "true" fan of the Redskins then please sell this team to a competent owner. I know he has giving up most of his reins, but look who he gave it to. I fear we will never win a Super Bowl again until Snyder is no longer the owner.

Luavao was considered a laughable signing.  That plus our lack of drafting in the trenches....

Laughable signing, and paying terrible dividends.

They did draft 2 OL this offseason, but apparently they suck so bad or the team doesn't trust them to NOT suck worse than chester/luavao so they won't see the field.. that's pretty damning right there.

so of the 8 picks our esteemed "GM" made, here are the results:

Murphy - ineffective (unnecessary pick as well)

Long - never sees the light of day

Moses - only on the field because of injury

Breeland _actually hit on one here

Grant - buried on bench

Seastrunk - gone

Bolser - gone

Hocker - gone

out of 8 draft picks we have 1, (ONE!!) guy contributing/competing and playing at a high level... the rest not so much. THIS is why we suck so bad. Look at other teams, I guess 31 other teams are capable of playing rookies/having them contribute.. but not our deadskins, oh no..

we are soooo ****ed as fans of this team.

Edited by martytheman