Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 NL East Division Champs Washington Nationals(News, Notes, Scores, and Discussion)

just654

Watched the Yankee game today, and it actually was not bad, a lot of guys getting the chance to showcase what they can do.

I think the only real battles are from the prospects or new guys, our line up is set for the most part really reserves are the only thing up fr grabs for position players. We all know the 5th starter is open, and with the way the bullpen plated last year everything except closer and set up man (Soriano, Storen, Clippard) are up for grabs.

Opening day cant get here soon enough!

It's as if God punished DC with Vinny and gave us Rizzo to make up for the torment. I may be looking at it through rose colored glasses but I feel like Rizzo is one of best GMs in all of sports. Really hope it's the year this year.

So does MLB premium have local blackouts?

Absolutely LOVE the reports of the style of play Williams has implimented already. Lots of running/small ball/scrappyness going on in ST. Really gonna take the pressure off our offense and put it more on the opponents defense.

Quite the change from relying on 3 run HRs as our main means of runs.

Dan Kolko (@masnKolko) Matt Williams Ball: Guys at the corners. Carroll runs from 1st, then stops halfway. Goodwin sprints from 3rd. Bad throw. Run scores.

i saw the highlights for the game today and boy SS looked amazing.

lol, he threw 15 pitches

I do agree though, bigger picture. I think both Strasburg and Harper take that next step this year. Cannot ****ing wait

It's as if God punished DC with Vinny and gave us Rizzo to make up for the torment. I may be looking at it through rose colored glasses but I feel like Rizzo is one of best GMs in all of sports. Really hope it's the year this year.

So does MLB premium have local blackouts?

As I've said before, I think Rizzo is a World Series away from being a local legend. Probably bigger than anyone not named Gibbs.

Anyone who can deliver this town a championship will be a legend. We have suffered far too long.

I think Rizzo is unique though, in that it won't be Williams or even one of the players who gets the legend status. It will be Rizzo, the front office guy. He's just so clearly the builder of all this, I hope he's here forever.

I think Rizzo is unique though, in that it won't be Williams or even one of the players who gets the legend status. It will be Rizzo, the front office guy. He's just so clearly the builder of all this, I hope he's here forever.

Just like Bobby Bethard. 

I know Ripken never had a chance to be our manager but i am happy we took a chance on Matt W who has had some kind of experience in the dug-out and has imposed a identity on this team

I still think Ripen would've been a huge mistake. As I said then, it would a gimmick hire for a legit contending team. Totally unnecessary.

As much as it would be have been exciting, I think Rizzo made the right move here. Maybe Cal would be a good manager. I'd like to think a guy who seems to be smart like him would realize that he should look to be a coach for a MLB team 1st. Take some time getting used to that life. Its got to be different having to think about every single player on your active roster and where they might fit. To manager personalities, the umps, etc.

I like Williams. I like that he has a plan. I like that he's using these spring games to practice situations knowing they might fail and lose a meaningless game...but to get that work in.

Archived