Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC Breaking News: Shanahan Will Be Fired

truskinsfan18

Speak for yourself. 

Art has been getting better year on year with different QB's he individually tailors his scheme around. Briles innovation stands up by itself regardless of who's under centre. 

The RGIII connection is just the icing on the cake for the man who made him the best player in the Nation. 

Hail.

[/re quote]

An argument I heard against the hiring of Briles was that if you hire Briles then you might as well hand Robert the keys to the franchise. But IMO we've already handed Robert the keys. So we might as well do whatever possible to help Robert be as successful as possible. So I'm fine with hiring Briles. Like it or not Robert is our franchise at this point.

Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan will meet with owner Dan Snyder early Monday morning to discuss Shanahan's future with the team. Redskins coaches do not expect to be employed much longer.

NFL Media's Jeff Darlington reports that Redskins coaches are working under the assumption they will be fired, according to multiple team sources.

Darlington reports that coaches are so convinced they'll be fired that many of them quietly packed their belongings last week, copying film cut-ups to their personal hard drives.  

Good riddance 

Link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000306401/article/washington-redskins-coaches-expect-to-be-fired

#Redskins' point differential of minus-144 this season is worse than BOTH seasons combined under Zorn. Same for Spurrier.

I had no idea.

This is the most telling stat I've seen. What is amazing is I can think of single score losses to the NYG, Lions, Vikings, Falcons, and Cowboys... which tells you how awful they were in the other eight losses. It was so frustrating this season to still be settling into one's seat in the first quarter and look-up and see the Skins down by two scores. How could anyone still think we should keep Shanny another year just because he has a fifth year on the contract! Question for those folks... if you view Dan as "going back on his word" did you also view Gibbs 2.0 as going back on his word since he left after year four of a five year deal? Just curious.

#Redskins' point differential of minus-144 this season is worse than BOTH seasons combined under Zorn. Same for Spurrier.

I had no idea.

That points more towards execution than coaching, which falls into Griffin's lap. Well, it does put a spotlight on the defense as well, which IMO is the REAL problem in DC.

almost over here.  I can't believe we've waited this long.  The company line is that we want to appear more "civilized" by firing him this morning.

The outside perception is going to be we want the spotlight.  Literally can't win for losing.  But we can win big by promoting Morocco to GM.

We'll see.  The next few days are critical for the next 10 years of this franchise and for the Robert Griffin, III era.

That points more towards execution than coaching, which falls into Griffin's lap. Well, it does put a spotlight on the defense as well, which IMO is the REAL problem in DC.

NO. Not having offense, defense or special teams ready to play at the start of the game EVERY week and not being able to play 60 minutes a single time this season is on the coaching staff. Or, if it makes you feel better, on the person who put the talent on the field which is also the man with total control of the FB operations.

This is the most telling stat I've seen. What is amazing is I can think of single score losses to the NYG, Lions, Vikings, Falcons, and Cowboys... which tells you how awful they were in the other eight losses. It was so frustrating this season to still be settling into one's seat in the first quarter and look-up and see the Skins down by two scores. How could anyone still think we should keep Shanny another year just because he has a fifth year on the contract! Question for those folks... if you view Dan as "going back on his word" did you also view Gibbs 2.0 as going back on his word since he left after year four of a five year deal? Just curious.

Good point. I think Mr. Snyder made himself an easy target after his first huge mistakes. This time around his biggest mistake was giving Mike S. total control of the football team. Hopefully wee will have a real GM very soon.

hail

Archived