Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Entire Defense/Josh Wilson

tiny33

Although I know Haslett is terrible, bu what about the play of most of the defensive line. They get very little pressure with the exception of Kerrigan, and allowed an injured Tony Romo sits to pee all day to throw the ball. Then, Josh Wilson gives up a 51 yard reception, and we  are left broken-hearted again. Switch Josh Wison to safety if we keep him, and get another corner in free-agency or the draft. Cofield, and the rest of this line needs to go.This is my worst lost this year

Rambo is a rookie with a horrible coaching staff to teach him.  Can't give up on him yet.  Wilson had a pretty good game, but he's so up and down.  I don't know what I feel about him.

I put this 50% on the coaches, 20% on the opponent, 20% on our players, 10% on the refs.

Although I know Haslett is terrible, bu what about the play of most of the defensive line. They get very little pressure with the exception of Kerrigan, and allowed an injured Tony Romo sits to pee all day to throw the ball. Then, Josh Wilson gives up a 51 yard reception, and we  are left broken-hearted again. Switch Josh Wison to safety if we keep him, and get another corner in free-agency or the draft. Cofield, and the rest of this line needs to go.This is my worst lost this year

I'm certainly going to be happy when Wilson is gone but he slipped and fell on the 51 yarder. Just being honest.

Josh Wilson actually had a decent game today.  He slipped on the long play mentioned in the OP after Romo sits to pee escaped pressure to buy time.  While the result of the play was bad, it wasn't a horrible play by Wilson.  It happens.

How dare you interrupt the pitchfork gathering with facts.

Hating on Josh because he slipped? Nothing new for our guys at Fedex. 

He was one of the few bringing it today and criticism today is way off base. 

I am sure the OP forgot about his FF and recovery. 

Even though our defense sucked, we got the ball back with a minute left needing a FG. Yet it looked like Cousins and the offense were completely lost on the final drive which some may turn a blind eye to.

I wonder if we still don't really practice turbo much. 

Bringing it one day because you know your job is on the line doesn't much matter. This guy has been terrible most of the year along with this fake 3-4 defense who doesn't have the athletes to play this style of defense. How about getting the players that fit the scheme, or firing the coach and switching to an alternative defense. 

I can't pin that entire game on Josh like the 9ers game but that dude has a history of slipping on the field. Week in, and week out he always slips even when the field is bone dry.  This is a tough loss and kinda hard to put on one player, but that's just my opinion.

Well let's see, only have 1 more game to deal with the majority of these clowns:

Wilson - Gone,

Fletcher - Gone,

DHall; - We will see, depends on what he's offered/signing Talib in the offseason.

Biggers - Most likely gone when Haslett/Raheem Morris are fired.

Merriweather - Gone,

Orakpo - Depends on how much he thinks he's worth vs. what he is actually worth(not much)

Doughty - ? (Probably starts Game 1 next year)

Did any one notice on the last touchdown pass play by Dallas Raheem Morris had the secondary playing a zone defense?

I thought they had played man to man defense during the rest of the game.  Did they think they would fool

Romo sits to pee into making a mistake?  I think it backfired because it looked like our guys were the ones fooled

by the Dallas running back being so open.

Josh Wilson actually had a decent game today.  He slipped on the long play mentioned in the OP after Romo sits to pee escaped pressure to buy time.  While the result of the play was bad, it wasn't a horrible play by Wilson.  It happens.

He let a guy get 15 yards behind him.  I'm not so sure it gets much worse then that.

Save for 2 drives, the defense actually played well. And went from 1st and goal at the 2 (?) to 4th and goal at the 12. Terrible play call by Haslett at the end and an ineffective pass rush. We couldn't get consistent pressure with 4 all game.. either rush 2 or rush 6. or overload one side and take away half of the field by forcing Romo sits to pee to roll one way or the other.

Wilson is what he is. A below average (i.e. - not good enough) starting cornerback. He's as good as gone. We've lost with him and we sure as hell can lose without him

Even though our defense sucked, we got the ball back with a minute left needing a FG. Yet it looked like Cousins and the offense were completely lost on the final drive which some may turn a blind eye to.

I wonder if we still don't really practice turbo much. 

randy, i agree with you.

while i get that our D gets a ton of heat- much of it deserved- i've been contending that our O has been underachieving the entire season, save the chicago game. 3 points in the first quarter, 3 in the second, 3 in the fourth. vs a D that the rest of the league abuses regularly. we do this literally every week, except for one. every week, we manage to score fewer points that the almost entirely garbage defenses we face allow. 

i believe we still havent scored more than 6 points in consecutive halves outside of chicago. (we may have scored 7 in both halves vs SD, but i'm so done with it, i dont even feel like checking). we play well for basically one quarter offensively every week, if that,  and we suck for 3 quarters. 

its ridiculous. 

Archived