Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tarik El-Bashir twitter: London Fletcher Announces Likely Retirement

TheGoodBits

Says he's 99-percent sure.

Said he was about 90-percent sure at the start of the season. Wanted to return to help develop Perry Riley a little more.

Before the final home game, he wanted to make sure fans knew.

LB @LFletcher59 calls chances of retirement 99%: "I want to thank my fans and beat the Dallas Cowboys. What better way to end it?"

Fletch is all class, love that guy. It's a shame his last season was tarnished with this backstabbing dumpster fire of a team. He deserved so much better.

But knowing Fletch, he;ll never speak ill about anyone or anything, the guy is all class and he's a HOFer in my book.

Sources at redskins park are leaking that the leak is actually Mara!

You know .. if Snyder could arrange for Mara being burned at the stake on the 50 at halftime, I would buy the most expensive suite and fly my family up there to see it! We'll bring the marshmallows and the wienies.

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 1m

#Redskins London Fletcher says his time in Washington is done" but "I love the game of football"

Washington Redskins @Redskins 2m

LB @LFletcher59 says 7 yrs with #Redskins brings him sense of completion: "I feel like my work is done here in Washington." #HTTR

Britt McHenry @BrittMcHenry 4m

London's retirement is a move many saw coming (he's 38), but Fletcher was a constant for #redskins thru a lot of turmoil. Sad day for fans

Grant Paulsen @granthpaulsen 1m

Fletcher on the wear-and-tear of his body: "Sundays is no problem.. I still know I can go out there and make plays. That's not the issue."

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 3m

#Redskins London Fletcher says durability is a part of his legacy he leaves. Remembers the tribute to Sean Taylor as first "memory"

Grant Paulsen @granthpaulsen 4m

London Fletcher says he's making announcement today so he can experience one last game at FedEx. Was "embarrassed" by the KC game there.

MarkMaske @MarkMaske 5m

Fletcher called his consecutive games streak "part of my legacy" but says he also wants to be remembered for the type of player he was.

Archived