Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tarik El-Bashir twitter: London Fletcher Announces Likely Retirement

TheGoodBits

One of the hardest warriors to have played the game in my opinion and taught me personally through watching him play how to always be the character guy and give it your best no matter how tough the going gets. Thanks #59! Hoping for a great sendoff and wish him all the best for the future!

The man never complained through the ups and most of the downs of the organization.......a true team leader.......always left his all on the field, the definition of a professional football player. 

I redskins should be smart and keep him on as a player development coach/consultant to teach these young guys on how to play game, keep yourself in shape, give it your all on every play, act as a profession, and earn respect.

A sad day on not having him on the field in the future.....but very happy that I got to see #59 play for so long.  Win it on him on Sunday team!!!!!!!!!!

HTTR

Kevin Sheehan just said that London expressed that 95% of the players want Shanahan back and think he should stay.

Like any player with even half a brain is gona' say the opposite on his current HC?

Been an absolute pleasure and a privilege London these past 7 seasons. For me, the single best pick-up of the FA era. Such a travesty you never had the talent around you your talent deserved in DC. Such a disgrace it's ending on a 3-13 headed shambles. 

Thank you for your loyalty and dedication #59. One of the best we've EVER had in ANY era. 

Hail. 

Truth hurts....the guy was a great Redskin and the heart of this team for a long time, but we let that cover up his poor play.

Im glad he was a Redskin and will always be, but I am also glad that he will no longer be a liability on our defense.

You couldn't just let it be no? It amazes me that people still want to take cheap shots at a great servant on his way out the door. Really good fan you are.

Truth hurts....the guy was a great Redskin and the heart of this team for a long time, but we let that cover up his poor play.

Im glad he was a Redskin and will always be, but I am also glad that he will no longer be a liability on our defense.

Dude, seriously. 

Neither the time nor the place. 

Don't continue to be 'that' guy. 

Hail. 

A true warrior and one of my all-time favourite players. It won't be the same without you Fletch. Good luck with whatever you decide to do in the future.

Before you go, if you could just smack Romo sits to pee and Manning around a bit, I would be most grateful.

HTTR, HTLF.

I absolutely agree. For a period of time, his experience and intelligence compensated for the fact that his athletic skills were diminishing, sort of like Cal Ripken at the end of his career. Yes he makes lots of tackles but he makes very few for a loss or no gain. I've wanted him off the field for most of the past 2-3 seasons (except during last year's streak when he played some lights out football). His retirement will be an example of addition by subtraction. This doesn't mean that I don't like him but 39 year old muscles aren't as fast as 22 year old muscles.

Thanks for the effort, good luck.

His abysmal degradation as a player this year was a huge factor in this team struggling on defense. Not holding it against him but it must be said.

Overstatement no. 1, and no. 2 no it must not be said. Let the dog have this day in the sun. 

Thanks for the effort, good luck.

His abysmal degradation as a player this year was a huge factor in this team struggling on defense. Not holding it against him but it must be said.

Not too many pro's retire at the top of their game. You may think that your last sentence "must be said" but I think that you are in the minority. That thought should have been for another day.

Like any player with even half a brain is gona' say the opposite on his current HC?

Been an absolute pleasure and a privilege London these past 7 seasons. For me, the single best pick-up of the FA era. Such a travesty you never had the talent around you your talent deserved in DC. Such a disgrace it's ending on a 3-13 headed shambles. 

Thank you for your loyalty and dedication #59. One of the best we've EVER had in ANY era. 

Hail. 

He went pretty in depth about his support.  I don't think he'd go as far as he did if he didn't believe it.

London-

Thank you for putting your heart and soul in every game you played.

And since you say you will always love football, I truely hope that you get into coaching.

Your intellect, your fire and the way you have always carried yourself will be a total inspiration to 

any and all players you would be in contact with.

Should be a future HOFer. Thanks for everything Fletch!

He really should. His stats are right there with the best that played during his era. Right there with Ray Lewis, more tackles and pass defenses, slightly fewer sacks and INTs. Plus the durability, to never miss a game at MLB in 16 years is insane.

Unfortunately he played on bad teams most of his career and was not a shameless self promoter like the prancing, dancing, preaching Lewis. I don't know if he will get the respect he deserves when the time comes.

Archived