Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Mike Shanahan eyes return in 2014

Vilandil Tasardur

i personally have no problem with mike...everyone loved his treatment of fat al....now because he tries to control hollywood....ie,,,,i got kicked inm the balls.....i swear i cant believe the  show......mike cannot think he gets in the hof by leaving here..he was in and this ****s him up....he has to make this work....ifhe divorces kyle in the off he is admtting as much and fans have to get in line.....come on you guys

We need Kyle to stay, not Mike.

If Shanahan would have had the balls to start Cousins from game 1 when we all new RG3 wasn't anywhere near 100% fit, and with Cousins I believe we would have gone at least 8-8 then with possible 1st rounder for Cousins and high picks in all other rounds, plus $40m in cap space I might keep Shanahan. But he had no bollo--s so fire the Rat Faced Ba----d.

OK, before you start egging my house, just let this ferment in your brain a little.

This year was a disaster in the making; Griffin nowhere close to 2012's performance, the entire organization was a media whorehouse, the defense that appeared to begin to get it, only to fall flat on its face, and a ST coach and performance that had many begging for Danny Smith back.

Now, I'm not defending Mike, but the problems on this team go a lot further than Mike; some fall upon a player who for one reason or another is on tv and nothing regarding football. I'm not blaming Griffin for everything that has gone wrong either, but he has his fair share of fault in this mess; he's a shell of who he was last year, and hopefully he can shake this season off and lose some of his bad habits he's developed.

Here's where it gets interesting; this could work for the team, if done right. Haslett must be gone the Monday after the last game, along with Burns; they are both a waste of space. Mike has done a  good job of cleaning out the trash regarding players, but needs improvement on his coaching staff.  Mike should also consider switching back to the 4-3, we have had much more success with the 4-3, and its a personal choice of Mike for the 3-4 so giving up on it will help.

Just as quickly as this turned into a mess, it can turn back to success again, and I do think Mike can get it done. All of them should sit down and iron out their differences and get on to playing football. I'm not thrilled about this whole fiasco, and I'm sure no one else is either, but its been done, so leave the past in the past and work on the future. The list of possible coaches out there is not a long list my any stretch, and I'd hate to see them just put anybody in there out of spite, and go through this again next year

Unfortunately I think Shanahan is going to be back.  He will have to revamp his "staff" meaning jettison Haslett and his OC "son" and obviously that joke of a coach Burn's.  But I could see him finishing out next year with some compromises with Snyder.

The point is NFL network is a group of talking heads, along with ESPN.  And there are a number of bored hacks just writing articles and stirring the **** to keep themselves amused.  It is all rumor, and gossip.  No one knows what is going to happen until it is "official" meaning we will probably not know until January sometime.

This is the same team that had everyone all excited a year ago that we are now convinced is abysmal.  And because the circumstances surrounding RG3 it was a bad year.  Yes, I think the QB is that important to winning and losing.

Fortunately this whole week will focus on Romo sits to pee's meltdown  Monday-Wednesday and then we will be back in the sports news as the talking football "experts" discuss who will meltdown on Sunday and Shanny's future. 

I talked to more Redskins fans than I have in years yesterday, other than here on ES, and y'all know I'm here almost all day.  It was crazy, no one wants Shanny back.  No one.  It almost seemed that everyone reads GHH's posts, and we're all on board.  :lol:

Btw, I had to tell no less than a dozen folks in Redskins gear about ES.      

I want him gone after the season's done.  I'm sick of his ego-maniacal bullsh*t and the win/loss record speaks for itself.  His time has past,...his window for success shut awhile ago.  I don't care if Snyder has to eat millions, this team is broken.

That's fine with me. Knowing there are no hot candidates out there.

"no hot candidates",.....really?  How do YOU know that? 

It's comical how sometimes people on this board fancy themselves an NFL insider or GM,......makes me chuckle.

I really don't care if Mike stays, just get a real Defensive and ST coach. If RG3 plays anywhere as bad as he has this season, sit his ass down and win with Cousins. This team is still good enough to win this division if this defense plays well through a season, and especially if ST can start helping out. But definitely upgrade this O-line as well as other positions.

Agreed.

We either keep a young & rising star of a coach or a struggling 61 year old coach.

No way that happens.  Supposedly Kyle and Robert do not get along.  Some of the Skins insiders suggested that the tension between Kyle and Robert is the source to a lot of problems.

We have Dallas then the Giants as home. Odds are we lose both games. I just don't see Shanahan back here in 2014. With many consecutive losses and issues that we have I believe he is gone after the season.

Perhaps, but I do think we win at least one of the next two.  I have a gut feeling we beat the Cowboys this week.  The reason I feel good about that is because it was pretty clear to me yesterday in Atlanta that the team didn't quit and played hard.  Our offense looked more explosive than it has all year.  I think they bring even more effort next week for our last home game against a rival.  I think it will be our Super Bowl.  Playing spoiler against Dallas seems like it would be fun for the team.  Lord knows this fan base deserves at least one game to celebrate after what we've been through this season.

No way that happens.  Supposedly Kyle and Robert do not get along.  Some of the Skins insiders suggested that the tension between Kyle and Robert is the source to a lot of problems.

Just rumors. Not sure where the truth is behind all of it. Kyle was a bit upset when RG3 was shutdown. So maybe the tension isn't as high like some may believe. If there is tension, it's not like the two can't work things out.

If Kyle is gone, this offense is history.

Just rumors. Not sure where the truth is behind all of it. Kyle was a bit upset when RG3 was shutdown. So maybe the tension isn't as high like some may believe. If there is tension, it's not like the two can't work things out.

If Kyle is gone, this offense is history.

According to our insiders, I don't think the rift between Kyle and Robert can be fixed.  It seems like the pieces are in play for Kyle to move on from his dad.  I think the recent articles about Kyle being disappointed and looking to move on from his dad seem to fit perfectly in the narrative that an exit strategy for Kyle is in place.

If Kyle is gone, the offense will probably be similar, especially if we get Kubiak as OC.

I think we're better off with Shanny sticking around, what if Carolina fired Rivera after Cam's sophomore slump

Need to fix defense and teams this offseason

That's the problem Shanny has no idea how to fix the defense and special teams. He'll either stick with the same coaches he has now or get another lame duck coach to take over.

The only hope is the offense beasts out and carries the team like last season.

Snyder will find a way to fire him for cause. Or at least he will try. I am actually surprised how quiet Snyder has been on the subject at this point. He has played it well. It is obvious to everyone that Shanny himself is the cause of most of the leaks. He is digging his own grave.

I think we're better off with Shanny sticking around, what if Carolina fired Rivera after Cam's sophomore slump

Need to fix defense and teams this offseason

The situations are not that comparable outside of the "sophomore slump" angle and you have to look at the entire of the tenures.

Rivera has the Panthers steadily improving with each year, Shanny has double digit losses 3 out of the 4 seasons.  Rivera's only the HC and not calling all the shots like Shanny.  I'm also guessing Rivera is completely accountable for all decisions he makes as a coach where as Shanny deflects blame constantly and has created one of the worse situations in this franchise's history.

Sorry,....it's almost apples and oranges.

i personally have no problem with mike...everyone loved his treatment of fat al....now because he tries to control hollywood....ie,,,,i got kicked inm the balls.....i swear i cant believe the  show......mike cannot think he gets in the hof by leaving here..he was in and this ****s him up....he has to make this work....ifhe divorces kyle in the off he is admtting as much and fans have to get in line.....come on you guys

I could deal with all the players he's benched or "made an example of" if he wasn't about to coach my team to it's 3rd double digit loss season in the four years years he's been here.

Archived