Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Possibility RG3 not traveling to Atlanta

TimFolk

What's next?  They rip the "C" off RGIII's chest and staple it to Cousins' jersey?

Well, that's another thing and something Michael Irvin alluded to, which is how are you supposed to lead these guys as the healthy third string, inactive QB?  I think Tom Jackson always used to say that you can't be a leader if you don't play (or something to that effect).  

Players don't like RG3.  That's my gut feeling.

I fully admit I don't have any idea what I'm talking about.  It's just something I sense.

These guys are just jealous. Everyone's acting as if RGIII's the first QB to ever get preferential treatment. OK, he was probably given a little too much too fast, including being made captain, which these supposedly disgruntled teammates made him, I get it, but if they're holding a grudge against RGIII for being close to the owner and maybe receiving some perks, shame on them.

Well, that's another thing and something Michael Irvin alluded to, which is how are you supposed to lead these guys as the healthy third string, inactive QB?  I think Tom Jackson always used to say that you can't be a leader if you don't play (or something to that effect).  

This is great... We are now at the lows of quoting the biggest  ego in NFL analyst history and former cowdung Michael Irvin.  Yea

I think some of us are being just as bad as the media with speculation and adding more fuel to the fire. I can't wait until shanahan is gone in 3 weeks and all this drama goes with it.

I don't think their is any rift between RG3 and his teammates. I think that would have come out by now. I also think the thought of trading him is stupid and would be a big mistake.

I think the more we speculate, the bigger the nightmare we make this for all of us.

I would be very surprised if he doesn't make the trip.  And - absent some compelling explanation that I can't fathom right now - I would also be very disappointed in him.

According to Russell, it's not Robert's decision. 

Then trade him ASAP. You can fix that problem so get some picks and roll with cousins.

You're assuming Kirk is good enough to "roll with".

I'm not as confident.

I think some of us are being just as bad as the media with speculation and adding more fuel to the fire. I can't wait until shanahan is gone in 3 weeks and all this drama goes with it.

I don't think their is any rift between RG3 and his teammates. I think that would have come out by now. I also think the thought of trading him is stupid and would be a big mistake.

I think the more we speculate, the bigger the nightmare we make this for all of us.

I think rift is probably a little strong, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's not really close to anyone on the team.  I think the only person that's been ID'd as being a friend of RG3 was Richard Crawford.  But who knows.

Listened to Mike's show on ESPN 980; Doc, B Mitch and the other guy were asking softball questions about the drama. However Mike did say that RGIII has to be ready on Sunday morning just in case Kirk or Rex become ill or get injured during warm-ups.

So basically Mike confirmed that Robert will travel to Atlanta.

Chris Russell sucks.

Listened to Mike's show on ESPN 980; Doc, B Mitch and the other guy were asking softball questions about the drama. However Mike did say that RGIII has to be ready on Sunday morning just in case Kirk or Rex become ill or get injured during warm-ups.

So basically Mike confirmed that Robert will travel to Atlanta.

Chris Russell sucks.

Wait, I thought I saw something yesterday where Mike said if Kirk got hurt, they'd sign another QB so RG3 didn't have to play again this year?

I think rift is probably a little strong, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's not really close to anyone on the team. I think the only person that's been ID'd as being a friend of RG3 was Richard Crawford. But who knows.

True. Who knows. I think this drama train leaves with shanahan.

Wait, I thought I saw something yesterday where Mike said if Kirk got hurt, they'd sign another QB so RG3 didn't have to play again this year?

He did, but there’s a timing issue. If Rex or Kirk slips in the shower or gets sick or whatever the morning of the game, they won’t have time to sign anyone and will need a backup for that game.

That may be the case after the ATL game, but on the radio Mike confirmed that RGIII will be available. 

The dude lies so much is hard to know the troof anyway.

Mess

He did, but there’s a timing issue. If Rex or Kirk slips in the shower or gets sick or whatever the morning of the game, they won’t have time to sign anyone and will need a backup for that game.

So RG3 could still start if both Kirk and Rex are "under the weather". Hmmm...

I think rift is probably a little strong, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's not really close to anyone on the team.  I think the only person that's been ID'd as being a friend of RG3 was Richard Crawford.  But who knows.

This doesn't really matter. Players don't have to like him or be friends they just have to respect him which is another argument . As long as you have those other "glue" guys in a locker room that keep everyone together its fine.

I dont know he seemed pretty active on twitter with the other teammates laughing and telling inside jokes etc over the summer when he was on it more. 

Archived