Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Possibility RG3 not traveling to Atlanta

TimFolk

Chris Russell reporting on 980 that RG3 might not travel with the team down to Atlanta. I heard something like this on Twitter but this is wrong I know they don't want Fox showing RG3 on the sidelines but this furthers the divide I feel some players have with him. From not traveling to VA on thanksgiving and having dinner with the Synders's and Griffin's in texas etc etc.

Looking at my Sig I forgot that I wanted RG3 on IR last summer. LoL

Chris Russell reporting on 980 that RG3 might not travel with the team down to Atlanta. I heard something like this on Twitter but this is wrong I know they don't want Fox showing RG3 on the sidelines but this furthers the divide I feel some players have with him. From not traveling to VA on thanksgiving and having dinner with the Synders's and Griffin's in texas etc etc.

Looking at my Sig I forgot that I wanted RG3 on IR last summer. LoL

I think he will be traded sooner rather than later. Just a hunch.

I would be very surprised if he doesn't make the trip.  And - absent some compelling explanation that I can't fathom right now - I would also be very disappointed in him.

Could be Shanny doesn't want the distraction? No idea.

I have a feeling this is going to get uglier before it gets better...

Is Robert not traveling with the team of his on volition or it this Shanahan's decision?

First off, I believe RGIII will be in Atlanta.

Second, if Shanahan doesn't want RGIII there, he should be FIRED immediately.

Could be Shanny doesn't want the distraction? No idea.

I have a feeling this is going to get uglier before it gets better...

Well if Shanahan tells him not to go that's a whole 'nuther story.  But I just can't see RG3 deciding on his own not to go. He needs to be on the sidelines supporting Kirk, huddling with Kirk and Kyle,  looking at the photos and listening in on the play calls. 

He can do a lot to burnish his claim as a leader by being there to support his teamates.  It seems to me that not going could be a grave mistake in terms of his future relationship with teammates.

If Robert doesn't travel then we'll all know this was Mike's decision. Robert repeatedly said that he's gonna be on the sidelines helping Kirk and the team win these next three games.

This could be another chess move in the $7 million game of chicken from Mike.

I agree. RG3 made it seem like he was going to be there for his teammates. If he's not, it could be Shanny trying to stir up more crap.

Well if Shanahan tells him not to go that's a whole 'nuther story.  But I just can't see RG3 deciding on his own not to go. He needs to be on the sidelines supporting Kirk, huddling with Kirk and Kyle,  looking at the photos and listening in on the play calls. 

He can do a lot to burnish his claim as a leader by being there to support his teamates.  It seems to me that not going could be a grave mistake in terms of his future relationship with teammates.

Which is all stuff he said he was going to do during his presser on Wednesday. So if he doesn't go, to me at least, it makes it seem like it wasn't his decision.

Are deactivated players allowed to travel with the team??

Even if there is some stupid rule that they aren't its obvious Griffin needs to be there.

edit: Then again, air travel can be dangerous. Maybe he should play it safe and not risk injury.

Are deactivated players allowed to travel with the team??

Even if there is some stupid rule that they aren't its obvious Griffin needs to be there.

You see all those guys with Redskins gear standing on the sidelines? Those are deactivated players.

I agree. RG3 made it seem like he was going to be there for his teammates. If he's not, it could be Shanny trying to stir up more crap.

Which is all stuff he said he was going to do during his presser on Wednesday. So if he doesn't go, to me at least, it makes it seem like it wasn't his decision.

Still don't know the source of any of the leaks.  Shanny gets blamed relentlessly as it's great fodder for jock sniffing reporters and fans alike.  Guarantee Shanny will address this issue if it's asked was this his decision as there will be no avoiding it.   All the news out has been drama that paints Shanny and sometimes RG in neg light.  It's weird that Shanny has suddenly become suicidal in regards to his years of coaching successfully at this level, and now he's hell bent on destroying all of that.

8rig1.jpg

Archived