Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Nation, We Have To Show More Class (Snowball Related)

LetThePointsSoar

I may be an ignorant Floridian, but almost every season I see tons of fans on TV, throughout the league, throwing snowballs in various directions. I guess I dont see it as that big of a deal.

I agree. Not with the ignorant Floridian part, but with the not a big deal part

how about, its just childish....how about, nobody should ever do that, no matter how bad the team is doing....im a skins fan, a diehard skins fan till the day i die, and i am embarassed for the fan base. my god. stay classy, guys....geez.

yeah.... funny.....NOT!!! :angry:

I always read posts about how are fan base doesn't "get up" for games and it's mostly rich snooty people. Now I guess they are classless for tossing some snowballs. I would rather have fans be pissed off to the point they throw snowballs. Shows emotion, shows they are upset with this awful team.

No salt or sand on the stadium steps or the walkways from the green lot.

It was very slick.

now that you mention it, i remember a year or two or three ago there was a similar situation at a game. people complaining about the snow and ice in the stadium.

no way should that happen. you have to put salt down to attempt to make it safer. come on, dan. 

now that you mention it, i remember a year or two or three ago there was a similar situation at a game. people complaining about the snow and ice in the stadium.

no way should that happen. you have to put salt down to attempt to make it safer. come on, dan. 

I didn't attend the 2009 games against the Giants and Cowboys, but remembered those being played in the aftermath of a major snow.

Also, remember the 2007 game against Chicago on Thursday night......was bitter cold, and remembered patches of ice on the steps. Very dangerous.

I always read posts about how are fan base doesn't "get up" for games and it's mostly rich snooty people. Now I guess they are classless for tossing some snowballs. I would rather have fans be pissed off to the point they throw snowballs. Shows emotion, shows they are upset with this awful team.

They pelted the home team. Yeah, great way to show emotion. Probably "fans" who celebrated the ride last year, and then next year will want the same players they were firing away at to actually want to show out for a fan base that takes them for granted.

We suck. Oh well. Some years we're 10-6, and some years nothing seems to go right. Doesn't excuse this crap.

Judging by most of the posts on this site lately, I say you're wrong.

"We" ARE Philthy fans. The only thing that hasn't happened (yet) is that some Skins fan has taken a dump on someone else's car hood. "Some" might say that they are figuratively doing that on this message board!

Hey, someone did dump their trash from the tailgate onto the back of my truck (bears game). :angry:

Also, remember the 2007 game against Chicago on Thursday night......was bitter cold, and remembered patches of ice on the steps. Very dangerous.

ok- i was actually there for that one. and in the upper deck.

no wonder this sounded familiar............... :)

That happened two sections from me, it was like 3-4 guys and they were aiming at McCluster.

Maybe they were trying to help stop him, because we all know that the special teams couldn't do it. 

In all seriousness, I don't condone throwing snowballs......at the home team.

There were only about 10-15 snowballs thrown on or toward the field. Considering there were 40-50,000 in the stands (sorry, there were a LOT more than 100), that amounts to about .02% of the fans. There is not a "large" number of "buffoonish or violent" fans. There are simply a small percentage of jerks in society, Redskins fans included. Almost every fan in the stadium was very well behaved. Fights this season and last season are down dramatically. I go to every game....and even stay the whole game....something a lot of fans do not do. It is a tiny group of so called "fans" that act stupid, mostly because of excessive alcohol consumption.

And the stadium has nothing to do with it. When the product on the field sucks, fans get frustrated and disenchanted. Happens in every city where the team sucks. Very hard to stay committed and enthusiastic when the players lay an egg on the field week after week. It's the team and not the players. RFK was  a DUMP. But everyone has such great memories because the team WON. People hate FedEx because the team loses year after year. Nothing wrong with FedEx Field....well nothing significantly wrong with it. It's the play on the field that matters.

Yeah, I was on the other side of the field and saw a few snowballs being whipped onto the field. Also, there was a fan (? - had on Redskins gear) that was making a snowball and said something "Maybe if we can get down here, I can hit his good knee".

I'm not sure 100% on exactly who, but my guess would be RG3. If so, seriously? Hit our own player? People are pathetic and go in full rage mode when we do bad. Yeah, I was upset and disappointed in our team but not enough to try hit any of them or any opposing player.

One funny thing though was the gentleman behind me was chanting at the young guy clearing the snow from the yard markers on the field; "Look at the broom guy go! Go broom guy, you can make it! YOU DID IT, YOU REALLY DID IT, you crossed the field unlike our team. Hey Shanahan, put in BROOM GUY! LET'S DO THIS! Comeback here we come!"

We're not Philly. We're better than that.

Or at least we should be.

/rant

Eh....I'm not sure we are.

My father in law has Eagles season tickets, and I used to go to a game or two each season when I lived in the northeast. Philly fans were actually pretty tame during the McNabb years.

Actually, despite all looking like unemployed auto mechanics, Ravens fans were typically pretty well behaved too.

I think losing fanbases tend to become violent fanbases. The accountants from McLean who own the seats at FedEx actually go to the games when the team is winning. They let their alcoholic cousins use the tickets when the team is losing.

I have a feeling that the vast majority of fans there yesterday were using early Christmas presents from far more successful relatives.

I really have to say that we are not a bunch of fair weather fans, we're fans nevertheless that are paying for season tickets year after year after year and dealing with a bunch of pain.  So before tying us all together know that there are some of us who work hard and pay for season tickets to sit out in the cold and rain to watch for the most part mediocraty. 

Saying that we couldn't attend the game because of a family function in Hampton, VA but did listen on the radio.  It was painful but Sonny did at least make me laugh (or was it cry) ...  When we scored at 31-7, Sonny quips ...  well we're back in it.  PRICELESS!!!!

Archived