Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

an unbiased assessment of RG3's value

HogHeaven1983

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

So last year we used our #1 pick and gave up two additional #1's and a #2 to select RG3

The sad truth is, I think the "fair trade value" of RG3 right now (if the redskins were shopping him (which I realize they are not) would probably be no higher than a single #2 and perhaps a single #3.

Talk about plummeting value

I think the worst aspect of RG3's fall is not his injury, but him showing

1. his "selfish" immaturity

2. horrible mechanics

3. horrible decision making

4. staring down receivers (inability to scan the field or look off defenders)

These are all things that wont improve next year when the knee brace hopefully goes away.

RG3 is simply a slower more injury prone version of Michael Vick, without the dogs.

So last year we used our #1 pick and gave up two additional #1's and a #2 to select RG3

The sad truth is, I think the "fair trade value" of RG3 right now (if the redskins were shopping him (which I realize they are not) would probably be no higher than a single #2 and perhaps a single #3.

2. horrible mechanics

These are all things that wont improve next year when the knee brace hopefully goes away.

RG3 is simply a slower more injury prone version of Michael Vick, without the dogs.

How do you know those are things that won't improve?  While you're at it, please let me know if my ability to play poker will improve next year so I can plan accordingly to make my run for the world series of poker.

Most of what you consider to be the "worst aspects of RG3's fall" have something to do with his injury. He didn't have any of those issues pre-injury, but all of a sudden has them now. I wonder why?

His success and accuracy were a product of a well-oiled offensive system that fed off the read-option. I'd also guess about 50% of his completions were the seam post to the TE. 

He doesn't have his "go-to" plays this year to boost those accuracy stats - though I do agree the interceptions are a mystery. 

The bottom line is you need a sharp, pinpoint accurate quarterback in this league which can throw into tight coverages both down the field and toward the sidelines, with the ability to master the back-shoulder throw. RG3 isn't there yet.

2. horrible mechanics

That's harsh, dude. I'm going to bookmark this and troll you around next year when we're winning games and not under a financial penalty. Consider this crappy thread bookmarked.

I have one question.....

Name one QB that would be successful with the following factors...

1) No off-season in his 2nd year coming off major knee surgery

2) Sub standard o-line

3) Sub standard receiving core

4) Bad defense

5) atrocious special teams.

I say no QB would play well under these conditions

Usually when someone claims to be unbiased or "telling the truth" in a thread title, it actually is the opposite. Like someone saying "I don't want to sound racist" and then following it up with something racist. This thread is just that.

You've earned this quote: "Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

His success and accuracy were a product of a well-oiled offensive system that fed off the read-option. I'd also guess about 50% of his completions were the seam post to the TE. 

He doesn't have his "go-to" plays this year to boost those accuracy stats - though I do agree the interceptions are a mystery. 

The bottom line is you need a sharp, pinpoint accurate quarterback in this league which can throw into tight coverages both down the field and toward the sidelines, with the ability to master the back-shoulder throw. RG3 isn't there yet.

I agree to some extent, but part of the reason the offensive system isn't well oiled is his health. And 50% is a huge stretch. He spread the ball around like crazy last year. He threw plenty of passes into tiny windows last year (one against Dallas on Thanksgiving). I definitely agree on the back shoulder throw though. 

In Topic: Is it possible we could be giving up the #1 pick?

25 November 2013 - 05:02 AM

We could have had Russell Wilson in the 2nd or 3rd round.  An infinitely better QB than RG.  And kept all those picks to improve our piss poor team.

Wilson is 100x more mature and instinctive than RG.  Like night and day.  What we have is an egotistical, immature, prima donna with little very little pocket QB talent.  Just a slower, more injury prone version of Michael Vick, without the dogs

In Topic: Dear RG3... an open letter and tough love from a fan.

20 November 2013 - 07:29 AM

I like the way that RG3 sails balls 30 yards over recievers heads and then throws up his arms in disgust as if to say ..."why didnt you catch that"  LOL

RG3 is a joke of a QB right now

Not that he can't learn and improve ... but right now, his ego is out of control and he appears to be growing more and more immature with each passing game.

I would love to hear RG3 say after a game like Philly,   "I was terrible today, this was on me.  And I need to improve"  rather than blame everyone and everthing else

This is exactly why RG3 lost the team this year ... He is not a leader and instead looks more like a spoiled brat.

So the OP made these very similar posts in two other threads, and did not receive any comments to his bull****,

so he decided to start a thread.

Now in one post he says he can learn and improve, then starts a thread and says he wont improve.

And as for the more injury prone then Vick, I do believe that Vick has played what maybe 6 games, how many has RGIII missed this year ??

And last year Vick played 10 games to RGIII 15.

Cmon Man.

Archived