Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

an unbiased assessment of RG3's value

HogHeaven1983

See... this is why this board has so many "trolls." Any logical discussion is met with blind homerism and anyone who isn't willing to swim through paragraphs of baseless diatribes on hope and what it means to be a "real fan" is cast out.

I have often wondered why ... to some football fans of ANY team (not just the redskins)  ... that to be a "real fan", you have to be delusional and live in some sort of fantasy world about that team.  (and I am not necessarily saying this is true of the poster above)

I've been watching the redskins since Vince Lombardi was coach and they finished 7-5-2 in the late 1960's.  I've seen probably 99% of all the games they've played in (only missing some when I was in college and away from the area).  I've seen it all with this team, watched every draft, the good and the bad.  I have become less emotional and more realistic about the skins over the years and no longer wear rose colored glasses when watching or evaluating them. 

I often wonder why ... to some football fans of ANY team ... that to be a "real fan", you have to be delusional and live in some sort of fantasy world about that team.   I've been watching the redskins since Lombardi was coach and they finished 7-5-2 in the late 1960's.  I've seen it all, the good and the bad.  I have become less emotional and more realistic about the skins over the years and no longer wear rose colored glasses when watching or evaluating them.

I grew up watching the Redskins practice right across the street from my fathers business at Redskin park.  I literally spent hours at lunch time standing on the loading dock watching them play.  My father was Sonny Jurgenson's math tutor at Duke Univ.  I met practically every player for years.  I too have become less emotional about this, though I deeply want them to succeed.  However, I will not don blinders to what I see and believe is going on.

Thanks for the unbiased take.  Rare here

Archived