Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

an unbiased assessment of RG3's value

HogHeaven1983

I'm certainly not ready to give up on RGIII. Give him a better supporting cast and a full offseason of preparation with no distractions.

I think the commercials, documentaries, and magazine shoots will cease...especially since everyone hates him now.

I may be in the minority, but I'm 100% behind Robert.

So the OP made these very similar posts in two other threads, and did not receive any comments to his bull****,

so he decided to start a thread.

Now in one post he says he can learn and improve, then starts a thread and says he wont improve.

And as for the more injury prone then Vick, I do believe that Vick has played what maybe 6 games, how many has RGIII missed this year ??

And last year Vick played 10 games to RGIII 15.

Cmon Man.

well done tex ... 

I think Mods should intact martial law when it comes to threads about Robert ... honestly. No more ...done, until end of the season. If you have something to say, put it somewhere in a thread that exists. If its worth a damn, it will rise to the top. 

The person I quoted said the Panthers "finally had a defense". Again, they were 10th last year. Keep up.

They had a good defense last year, it's just that Cam choked away a few games (see: Seattle, @Atlanta). He's not doing that this year.

Yet it was the defense last year that choked away the Bears game and the Tampa Bay game.  You always conveniently leave that part out and try to put a losing season all on Cam.  

FWIW,  I think RG3 will be fine once he is completely healed both mentally and physically.   But it may not be the beginning of next year.   For me, his next year will be as if he played this year with no injury.   If he is still playing in late 2014 like he is now, then I would start to worry. 

Usually when someone claims to be unbiased or "telling the truth" in a thread title, it actually is the opposite. Like someone saying "I don't want to sound racist" and then following it up with something racist. This thread is just that.

You've earned this quote: "Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

I use that quote at work every now and then to make a point. Not the whole thing. That would be piling on...

I think we also had a Big Bamg Theory reference in this thread.

All we need now is a princess bride and Star Wars and the circle will be complete.

He lost the backing of the team this year.   His own players are calling him out (like SMoss and Garcon).  OLinemen no longer help him up.  His ego is insane, so out of balance with his talent.   At pressers, he's always pointing the finger at someone else and not himself.   

Your thread sucks dude.

Get over it and go do something with your family. 

He lost the backing of the team this year. His own players are calling him out (like SMoss and Garcon). OLinemen no longer help him up. His ego is insane, so out of balance with his talent. At pressers, he's always pointing the finger at someone else and not himself.

somewhere the author of the media leaks is smiling as another lemming jumps of the cliff

I'm certainly not ready to give up on RGIII. Give him a better supporting cast and a full offseason of preparation with no distractions.

I think the commercials, documentaries, and magazine shoots will cease...especially since everyone hates him now.

I may be in the minority, but I'm 100% behind Robert.

same, im willing to give him more time, and do not tell me the injury did not effect him mentally and physically, its up to him to rebound but we are not even done year 2.

Last year RG3 masked many of the teams weaknesses....this year, the team around him needed to mask some of his...they have failed...miserably.

I'm 100% behind RG3...I'm not going to get brainwashed by the media....I understand that a 2nd year QB coming off major surgery will have trouble being successful with a sub standard o-line, receivers, defense and special teams.

Last year RG3 masked many of the teams weaknesses....this year, the team around him needed to mask some of his...they have failed...miserably.

I'm 100% behind RG3...I'm not going to get brainwashed by the media....I understand that a 2nd year QB coming off major surgery will have trouble being successful with a sub standard o-line, receivers, defense and special teams.

Amen to that Hailskinnyc, I agree with you. It has got to the point that the media is searching out negative stories about RG3. Now it seems  there's 10 threads ALL about RG3 in here now. It's sickening.

Big Griffin supporter; but to say the negatives about him are all "media-driven" and such is foolish. Robert has a lot of growing up to do and I think with his character and background he'll be humbled enough to grow from this and be much more improved next season. I don't think anyone is as disappointed about his performance and the Redskins performance than Robert himself.  

......and nationally, and this just maybe me, I want to see his face on tv as much as I see Russell Wilson's and Andrew Luck's, which is not much at all. I want results on the field, not results of jersey sales or television commercials/endorsements. I'd also love for the "RG3" moniker to die, but we know that won't happen.

Now let's beat the Giants and Cowboys and forget about this fiasco of a season where the negatives outweighed the positives by 10-1. 

Happy Thanksgiving.

Big Griffin supporter; but to say the negatives about him are all "media-driven" and such is foolish. Robert has a lot of growing up to do and I think with his character and background he'll be humbled enough to grow from this and be much more improved next season. I don't think anyone is as disappointed about his performance and the Redskins performance than Robert himself.  

......and nationally, and this just maybe me, I want to see his face on tv as much as I see Russell Wilson's and Andrew Luck's, which is not much at all. I want results on the field, not results of jersey sales or television commercials/endorsements. I'd also love for the "RG3" moniker to die, but we know that won't happen.

Now let's beat the Giants and Cowboys and forget about this fiasco of a season where the negatives outweighed the positives by 10-1. 

Happy Thanksgiving.

people came to him before he played a down and he signed contracts with them.  That probably last more than one year.  And in fact his decision to get into all those commercials was a mature decision from what I heard.  He banked his football salary and lived off his endorsement deals.

Happy Thanksgiving.

I'm sorry, but I disagree.   It's 95% media driven....my only issue was when his father spoke out in the off-season......everything else is BS.  

I have no problem with "operation patience"

I have no problem with any of his press conference answers...I've heard them made by others before and nothing was said

I have no problem with him not saying "I" or "me"......was he talking about himself last year?  no

people came to him before he played a down and he signed contracts with them.  That probably last more than one year.  And in fact his decision to get into all those commercials was a mature decision from what I heard.  He banked his football salary and lived off his endorsement deals.

I do understand your point JrJL, but I'm hoping that the luster has worn off a bit and maybe a little less "RG3" exposure and a little more "Robert Griffin" behind the scenes work will pay dividends. I cannot fault him at all for the endorsements; he was a hot-commodity and people wanted his name attached to their brand. 

I was just frankly tired of seeing him to be honest when if anything his regression (due to many other factors than himself) on the field has been frankly embarrassing and cringe-worthy at times. At this stage, the LESS we see and hear from him, the better. 

It's a shame this season has avalanched into an orgy of foolishness when we all expected the opposite. At this stage, I just want to beat the Giants and Cowboys, whoever wins the NFC East to get embarrassed in the playoffs, and for the season to END. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. 

It is media driven, but RG3 enabled the media with some of his decisions, such as Operation Patience and other look at me antics during the offseason.  Perhaps next season, instead of fans chanting "RG3" over and over in the stands like they did last year, they can start chanting "Hail Redskins".

Archived