Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the best potential head coach that is available?

MK25toLife

Benskins26 "we can get whomever we want".

The top candidates will go for the best opportunity not just any opportunity. Was Zorn really the best candidate at the time? Don't forget, Schottenheimer warned just about everyone in the coaching community to beware of Snyder. The takers may be the ones who want a shot at a higher level coaching position but don't have the credentials yet to be taken by better teams.

There are limited opportunities available.

Think about Notre dame- until last year, when was the last time they were relevant? Every coach that had gone there had been set up for failure from way too high expectations. They have extremely impatient boosters, that will fire coaches 3 years into a 6 year deal, despite owing 15 million in salary. But- the name can still recruit itself. They have bottomless pockets. They're in the spotlight every week. The right coach can go in there and make a name for himself. Be the hottest thing since sliced bread.

Again, there are 4-6 of these opportunities available a year. And despite the record, most teams are in far worse shape than the skins are this year. There are key building blocks in place. There is tons of money to spend- both for coach and staff, as well as players. They are in the spotlight every week, in a wide open, highly visible division.

ETA- any up and coming coach that is worth a **** has an ego- and thinks they can fix it anyway.

I'm not worried at all about the Tony Dungy's of the world. I don't want a retread aNyway. There is not one up and comer hot assistant coach that wouldn't come to Washington if offered. Not one.

Marty Schottenheimer had a similar quote but even more personally against Snyder and then in months was the coach of the Washington Redskins.

Who gives a **** about Dungy since we aren't interested in him>

My point was yes the skins will find a coach, but there will be plenty of good coaches that will pass on this job for another job, Or be patient and wait for a more attractive job. The skins job is not an attractive job wake up. No 1rd  pick, team sucks, diva qb who will have more say then you in the long run.  Who ever comes, will have to agree RGme is the qb moving forward. Maybe it works, maybe not. History says another coach, more losses and another debate on a new coach in 2 years.  God it is groundhog day all over again.

Marty Schottenheimer had a similar quote but even more personally against Snyder and then in months was the coach of the Washington Redskins.

Who gives a **** about Dungy since we aren't interested in him>

Probably one of the nicest and most respected voices in football today saying won't even even touch Snyder is a damning sign.

I've got a name for all of you. Mike ****in' Ditka!!

He would intimidate Snyder, he would intimidate the press.

And he could bring that mid-80's swagger back to Washington.

Remember that ol stat saying no coach has ever won a Super Bowl with another team? Yeah, I'll pass on Ditka

Probably one of the nicest and most respected voices in football today saying won't even even touch Snyder is a damning sign.

Nope, not at all.  First of all, he's a member of the media now, he is part of the "narrative" about the NFL, including Snyder.  Second, it seems a lot of people have issues until they meet Snyder, then they seem more amenable to working with him.  Marty said worse and worked with him.  It means very little because there are only so many head coaching slots available in the NFL and there are actually (like it or not) worse organizations and people still gravitate to working at the pinnacle of their profession.  

Does Dungy know Snyder? Does he know anything of note that could relate to such a statement?  He's probably giving his impression based on being an outsider looking in, making shallow judgments.

The issue here is that Shanahan was a credible hire but not a great one because he was a retread, has certain personality conflicts with people and was made GM when he needed someone to counter his authority.  But the lack of success is on Shanahan not on Snyder or RG3. 

Remember that ol stat saying no coach has ever won a Super Bowl with another team? Yeah, I'll pass on Ditka

Ditka could be the one to break that streak. Think about it.  Pressers with him chewing on a stogie, berating some stupid Post writer, yelling at Griffin on the sidelines to get his ****ing head in the game, plus we'd get the remaining Ditka fans.

It would be glorious!

Oh, in case you thought I was serious, I'm JOKING!!!

Does anyone actually believe that a competent, professional coach would want to come here now?  It shoud be obvious after Norv, Marty, Spurrier, Gibbs, and Zorn.  No well respected coach will want to come here to sink his career, and no young coach (at least not a competent one with other NFL opportunities) will want to come here for what could be his only shot.  Next one is going to be a true retread (think Jim Fasselish, or a marginally respected coach recently fired) or a stooge (Zorn, but hopefully not that bad).  I just hope Bruce Allen survives the purge, although I suspect he's may be a bit eager to leave as well.

Does anyone actually believe that a competent, professional coach would want to come here now?  It shoud be obvious after Norv, Marty, Spurrier, Gibbs, and Zorn.  No well respected coach will want to come here to sink his career, and no young coach (at least not a competent one with other NFL opportunities) will want to come here for what could be his only shot.  Next one is going to be a true retread (think Jim Fasselish, or a marginally respected coach recently fired) or a stooge (Zorn, but hopefully not that bad).  I just hope Bruce Allen survives the purge, although I suspect he's may be a bit eager to leave as well.

Just wait until you see who we interview and who ends up getting hired. I have a strong hunch that all the chicken littles worried that Snyder's image will hurt our chances at the premier coaching candidates this offseason are completely off-base.

Does anyone actually believe that a competent, professional coach would want to come here now?

Are you kidding me?

ANY potential HC candidate in the NFL would want ANY HC job.

Its every NFL coach's ultimate goal.

I don't think Briles is leaving Baylor and I would be wary about hiring him because of his relationship with Griffin.

You are strictly in the minority.  The Redskins HC will be the most sought after job this offseason.  

Keep hating, but we will get our man.

Again, for JLC to say the position is devalued is nonsense.

i want to know how involved dan really is at the moment, because something tells me he's not involved at all. 

if dan has a relationship with griffin, which may be the case, i want to know how much of an impact it is on our team being 3 and whatever. 

cuz it kinda seems like shanny is doing a **** job, despite the salary cap penalty, and blaming it on snyder being buddies with griff. 

but i could be wrong. 

as far as the value of the skins coach? if shanny told danny to not get involved in the decisions, and it appears he hasnt, then shanny is accountable for the garbage he puts on the field. if dan wasnt involved, i think potential head coaches know whats up, even though i heard cowher and a few others talk up shanny as a coach.

the bad side of shannys tenure in denver and in washington should be firmly under the microscope at the moment, whether or not dan has a relationship with griff.

Looking at the other possible coaching vacancies next year:

Texans:  Mess at QB, good defense, only offensive weapons (Johnson and Foster) are injury prone

Bucs:  Potential QB of future, decent defense, some good playmakers on offense

Vikings: Other than Adrian Peterson, absolutely nothing on this team stands out.  Who knows if even Adrian himself will be with this team.

Jets:  Cleaning up after Rex Ryan?  Probably the 3rd most scrutinized position behind Cowboys and Giants

Browns:  They're the Browns.

I honestly can't think of a better situation than Washington. Maybe Tampa, but they may keep Schiano.  Good QB, Young players to build around, and a loyal fan base. 

Looking at the other possible coaching vacancies next year:

Texans:  Mess at QB, good defense, only offensive weapons (Johnson and Foster) are injury prone

Bucs:  Potential QB of future, decent defense, some good playmakers on offense

Vikings: Other than Adrian Peterson, absolutely nothing on this team stands out.  Who knows if even Adrian himself will be with this team.

Jets:  Cleaning up after Rex Ryan?  Probably the 3rd most scrutinized position behind Cowboys and Giants

Browns:  They're the Browns.

I honestly can't think of a better situation than Washington. Maybe Tampa, but they may keep Schiano.  Good QB, Young players to build around, and a loyal fan base. 

Texans- very good defense, solid running game, 2 very nice wrs. and obtw they are going to have the #1 pick so will be adding more talent.

Bucs-    Solid defense, more play makers on O then skins have and obtw have picks. If Glennon is for real they are a nice job

Vikes-   Yikes I agree not looking good, but they do have AD and C. Patterson that rookie wr looks real promising.

Jets-      Find a Qb and a wr and you have something. Their Dline is insane. They just get no help from the O.

Browns- they the browns, but lets be honest, they are saying the same about the skins. We are the skins. They are loaded with picks, have a probowl wr, and a very nice def. Oh did I mention they have 2 first rd picks?

Are those jobs really worse then the skins? The vikes i would say yes, the rest? I think the Texans might be the #1 job this offseason. #1 pick, and a quality def. already in place.

Archived