Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

why i hate the skins on primetime night games

HogHeaven1983

the skins typically lose when on national tv.   other than the anomalous years of Gibbs2 and 2012, the redskins record is awful on primetime games.  I would like to see someone post that W-L record since 1993.

So after the skins lose (and often are blown out) ...  it's really late at night and there is no time to decompress ... you have to go bed soon after -- you are hot and sweaty and tossing and turning all night

Plus it's kind of embarrassing to be featured and focused on by the nation ... and suck so thoroughly.

I like Sunday at 1pm games the best the game is sort of hidden from view and fewer people are watching it nationally ... Also after the skins lose those you can watch some other football games or listen to the local talk radio with commentary about the skins for a few hours and have some time to "get over it".

Ugh ... night games ... and national tv

I wish the redskins were never on then

the skins typically lose when on national tv.   other than the anomalous years of Gibbs2 and 2012, the redskins record is awful on primetime games.  I would like to see someone post that W-L record since 1993.

So after the skins lose (and often are blown out) ...  it's really late at night and there is no time to decompress ... you have to go bed soon after -- you are hot and sweaty and tossing and turning all night

Plus it's kind of embarrassing to be featured and focused on by the nation ... and suck so thoroughly.

I like Sunday at 1pm games the best the game is sort of hidden from view and fewer people are watching it nationally ... Also after the skins lose those you can watch some other football games or listed to talk radio with commentary about the skins for a few hours and have some time to "get over it".

Take a recipe I have for Redskins night games.

The ingredients you will need are:

24 beer.

No supper.

Directions:

Have a guzzle of beer after anytime you say out loud or think holy **** we ****ing suck or cry out the word "WHY!?"

Then when we mount are usual garbage time comeback you will feel false hope and the rest of the beers will flow smoothly as you will be too drunk to realize the optimism will be short lived.  By the time the final gun is sounded and we came up short just head to your bed and mumble the phrase "next year". You will be drunk enough that you wont feel the tossing or turning therefore the decompressing stage will be avoided. When you wake up the next day you will be feeling angry and hung-over. People will naturally know don't **** with you because as a redskins fan they feel sorry for you out of pity and it would be similar to picking on a special needs kid.  Any embarrassment will be hidden from with in, stewing away until next week or next year.

HTTR my friend HTTR

We have lost most of the time primetime or not but I agree it sure do hurt more when losing at night....you anticipate the game all day, then stay up late and have to work in the morning jus for the Skins to lose.

Id prefer them play the 1:00. At least then you kinda get over it by the end of the day instead of going to sleep angry

I like Sunday at 1pm games the best the game is sort of hidden from view and fewer people are watching it nationally ... Also after the skins lose those you can watch some other football games or listed to talk radio with commentary about the skins for a few hours and have some time to "get over it".

21-35 on primetime since 1993...ughh. :(

It will be interesting to see what happens next season with the Skins regarding prime time games.

Their great finish to last season and the excitement of RGIII made the Skins an attractive team for the NFL to highlight and put on the prime time schedule.

Unfortunately they have completely laid an egg in that department this season - losing at home on MNF to Philly after all the RGIII hype, losing to Dallas in a mostly boring game and collapsing against the 1-7 Vikings on Thursday night.

Prime time games present an opportunity to showcase the team in front of a larger viewing audience and the Skins keep failing miserably in that regard.

Not sure if the draw of RGIII will be enough to keep in the Skins on the prime time schedule next season or if it will be a return to the background in terms of scheduling...

Primetime games? I'm sorry, do we only need to worry about the Redskins losing on primetime games? Yeah, those are the only games the Redskins have a problem winning. Let's instead wake up and realize It's just a coincidence that the Redskins usually lose on primetime games considering they have the same problems with 1 o'clock games on Sunday. This has nothing to do with primetime as much as it has to do with a crappy football team.

Sheesh, 2-11 on Monday nights in Landover?! I knew it was bad but DAMN!

So, if I recall correctly, the 2 games they have won were against Dallas in 1997 (first MNF game in that stadium) and last year against the Giants so the FedEx faithful had to wait 15 years in between Monday night victories. Wow.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of prime time games for the Skins either. That's mainly though because they kick off at 1.30am over here in the UK. I will be up all night again watching the 49ers game ....

My learned friend Mr C beat me too it. 

Tuesday will be like a scene out of the Walking Dead. Again. 

The things we do for this team. 

Hail. 

I hate the Redskins on Primetime (sunday night or Monday night football) but for a whole different reason other than performance.

I hate that the games start so late! Not only are we not a good team but when a game doesn't start until 8:40 or later it sucks when you have to get up at 5:15 the next day...

I will watch the game but unless we are winning at the half I probably will not finish it.

I long for the day when we can start games at a reasonable time on the east coast.

Dread these games... Up late... All worked up after a loss and can't sleep... Totally pissed in the morning. That's the way of life for a skins fan. I hope the miserable records this year leads to less prime time games next year.

we're already going to get a thursday night game next season, since every team gets one. and you can bet that we'll get at least one vs dallas/philly/giants, if not 2.

I like Sunday at 1pm games the best the game is sort of hidden from view and fewer people are watching it nationally ... Also after the skins lose those you can watch some other football games or listen to the local talk radio with commentary about the skins for a few hours and have some time to "get over it".

We stunk in the Gibbs era on late night games. We went an entire Regan administration without winning on Monday night in the late 80's

I believe we will still have 3 or 4 night games next season because of the draw. Of course I think we will win most of them since rg3 will have a full offseason and 1.5 years removed from injury.

Our defense will be improved as well. It can't get worse and yes we will still have shanny, but no Hazlett.

My thing is, it's not even that they lose, it's how they look doing it.  They rarely lose in a great game in primetime.  Even when they win, it's not impressive and it's usually a game where you don't come away thinking highly of them.  But when they lose, it's tends to be a train wreck.

Archived