Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Santana Moss takes exception to Griffin’s failure to take blame

Skinzfever2010

So RG3 can throw anyone under the bus but no one else can respond? Wonderful. That won't create a monster in any way at all...

Hey... I've seen Tom Brady, Peyton, his lil Brother,Farve, Marino,Montana,Young (Steve not Vince) Sonny, Staubach, Aikmen, (gotta include a couple of hated pokes ;) thow their coaches game plan under the bus.  NOT...  Even Joey T. was humble enough to return punts... and when he did get his chance even he knew better.

There have been a few pro athletes big enough to call out their coaches and all of them I believe played basketball.

Let me ask you a question if you don't mind: 

There are you and 5 other people remodeling a house, you've done a great and everything looks fantastic.  However, YOU hit a gas line and the house catches fire.  Do YOU tell everyone that WE messed it up or that I (YOU) messed it up. 

Now, take that same situation and assume you were not the one that hit the gas line.  Would it be ok for the person that did in that instance, claim that WE messed it up which also includes YOU even though you didn't even touch the gas line?  Are you going to take the blame on someone else's mistake?

Except this analogy assumes Griffin is the main one at fault when we have guys running wrong routes or just plain stopping when they get covered, interior OL who can't block, RBs completely whiffing on blocks, a defense who can't stop anyone. So he should take the blame for all of that because I sure as hell don't see anybody putting their neck on the line for him.

Honestly you might be able to say that about other players but this is Moss who never says anything who has put up with crappy QB play for years.  I think also he is very frustrated because HE BROUGHT into the hype that RG3 would take them to the Superbowl.  Oh well the wheels are really coming off if Moss is talking. 

However I agree with him.  That was boneheaded heave that Robert put up at the end that he should of thrown out of bounds.  A player leading a team would normally just admit and move on.  End of story.  Apparently Robert has a huge ego or low self-esteem and he cannot admit when he is wrong.   The wheels are really coming off the train here and Robert is going to have bigger issues then simply his "mental" issues if he does not stop misplacing responsibility.

And QBs have put up with Moss fumbling and dropping the ball in crucial situations for years. Does anyone ever call him out for it?

Amazing how if they were 8-2 Moss wouldn't have said this...

Yeah and RG would not be saying his coaches got out coached "the other team knew what was coming".  

Even Lavar Arrington called out RG and said that every team that Peyton faces knows that 4 plays are coming and yet he still beats you 98% of the time.  

From today's presser... 

On if there were communication issues on the final interception against Philadelphia:

“Bottom line, last play of the game, I tried to throw the ball away and it didn’t work. It’s my fault. I didn’t get it far enough in the back of the end zone and that’s all anybody needs to know really.”

You people happy?  :angry:

:P  - he's going to get this right, he's going to get back on track ... 

“I’m not even going to lie — That’s the best quarterback we’ve played this year, for sure,” Umenyiora said. “It’s just unfortunate that he’s a rookie, because he’s going to be around here forever, doing stuff like that. That’s just crazy.”

There are you and 5 other people remodeling a house, you've done a great and everything looks fantastic.  However, YOU hit a gas line and the house catches fire.  Do YOU tell everyone that WE messed it up or that I (YOU) messed it up. 

Now, take that same situation and assume you were not the one that hit the gas line.  Would it be ok for the person that did in that instance, claim that WE messed it up which also includes YOU even though you didn't even touch the gas line?  Are you going to take the blame on someone else's mistake?

And if he says he screwed up but is asked what happens and explains it, does that mean he gets attacked for not saying "I" enough?

You know what I find humorous? When the Skins were winning games last year Robert kept saying "we won because of this" or we returned the ball well on special teams". He even refers to the defense as we..."We got a great stop on 4th and 1 there..."

So is Robert not allowed to say "we" when he's referring to special teams, defense, wide receivers, etc?

Go back and listen to his interviews from last year, Robert refers to everyone as "we."

Why did no one get pissed off last year? Is it only bad when the team is losing?

It's always been that way.  How often do you hear a athlete patting themselves on the back... Not often if ever.  However, most reflect on what they need to do when things aren't going well.

Ok now you and 5 other people are remodeling a house, you personally have done all the research and bought all the equipment and layed out the design entirely by your self. The other 5 guys just help put it the stuff where it needed to be and helped with the painting. Do you say YOU were the mastermind behind the design, or do you say WE designed it?

Now take that same situation and assume that you were not the designer, you just helped with the paint. Would you be okay with the person that did all the work and design saying that WE, including you, did the remodeling and design? (Hint: ofcourse you would)

Point being, it all depends on whether or not your winning or losing. When you are winning, everything is fine and everyone is happy, but when your not, its the complete opposite.

Actually another point, you used a very poor analogy to get your point across lol

However I agree with him.  That was boneheaded heave that Robert put up at the end that he should of thrown out of bounds.  A player leading a team would normally just admit and move on.  End of story.  Apparently Robert has a huge ego or low self-esteem and he cannot admit when he is wrong.   The wheels are really coming off the train here and Robert is going to have bigger issues then simply his "mental" issues if he does not stop misplacing responsibility.

Griffin admitted he was trying to throw it out of the back of the endzone(the only place you can throw it away from inside the tackle box), and that because he threw it off of his back foot it was under thrown. He then said he has to learn from it. This was in the same press conference everybody has been talking about, but apparently no one has actually watched. He admitted it. We can move on.

RT @HTTR24_7 Doc Walker & Cooley going in today.. Both talking about how the team is a unit & you don't say "I" or "me".. You say "We" & "Us"..

https://twitter.com/HTTR24_7/status/403271582074023936

Sounds like not all football players agree with Santana's assessment.

CUE *THEY'RE SNYDER'S ESPN980 SHILLS*

Well apparently, Doc Walker and Cooley didn't do much listening to Coach Gibbs when they played for him.

When the Redskins lost, Gibbs never said "we" and "us". He always took ALL the responsibility for a loss SOLELY on himself. This is why so many guys played hard for Gibbs. Gibbs was a leader of men.

This is the leadership quality that, I believe, Moss is trying to instill into a very young RG3. That when you lose a game, you only bring up your play and how it could of been better and how it cost the team the game. You don't bring up other player's shortcomings. You let those players bring up their own shortcomings when they get in front of a mic or a reporter. That way, they can explain their own mistakes while the leader shoulders the burden by bringing up only his own and taking responsibility for the loss as a leader does.

Your team will respect you as you make the effort to shield them as they take it upon themselves to show where they were at fault.

That is one thing a good leader does. Something Moss is trying to tell RG3 when he says... "When you lose, say "I" and "me", not "we" and "us".

Hopefully, RG3 will get it. He is a smart guy. I think he will.

Well apparently, Doc Walker and Cooley didn't do much listening to Coach Gibbs when they played for him.

When the Redskins lost, Gibbs never said "we" and "us". He always took ALL the responsibility for a loss SOLELY on himself. This is why so many guys played hard for Gibbs. Gibbs was a leader of men.

This is the leadership quality that, I believe, Moss is trying to instill into a very young RG3. That when you lose a game, you only bring up your play and how it could of been better and how it cost the team the game. You don't bring up other player's shortcomings. You let those players bring up their own shortcomings when they get in front of a mic or a reporter. That way, they can explain their own mistakes while the leader shoulders the burden by bringing up only his own and taking responsibility for the loss as a leader does.

Your team will respect you as you make the effort to shield them as they take it upon themselves to show where they were at fault.

That is one thing a good leader does. Something Moss is trying to tell RG3 when he says... "When you lose, say "I" and "me", not "we" and "us".

Hopefully, RG3 will get it. He is a smart guy. I think he will.

First thing I could find on Gibbs talking about losses:

http://www.scout.com/2/710770.html

A: I think we had had four of those in a row, really. We had four games that came down to the last play of the game. They were all heart-breaking. I felt like we fought extremely hard and yet we had lost four in a row like that. I got to tell you, it was for us here, tough to go through. And so that is the reason why I appreciated the players so much and for us to be able to rally and play a good game on Thursday night against the Bears, which we have a lot of respect for. It was big deal for us.

Hmm.

In your perspective in a nutshell what went wrong for you and what went right for the Giants? 

A: I think it was the second half period. We didn’t move the ball on offense. Their guys came out and started the second half with a real good kickoff return out to the 38. And they took the ball and drove it the length of the field into the end zone. I think it was the whole second half. We didn’t play well there. Offensively we just didn’t move the ball. You have to give them the credit. They did a great job. Jason got us down to the two-yard line late in the game. We don’t get it in from the two-yard line. I look at it as you have to give them a lot of respect and realize they played extremely hard. And so I think it was pretty much the whole second-half where we just didn’t get the job done.

Ok now you and 5 other people are remodeling a house, you personally have done all the research and bought all the equipment and layed out the design entirely by your self. The other 5 guys just help put it the stuff where it needed to be and helped with the painting. Do you say YOU were the mastermind behind the design, or do you say WE designed it?

Now take that same situation and assume that you were not the designer, you just helped with the paint. Would you be okay with the person that did all the work and design saying that WE, including you, did the remodeling and design? (Hint: ofcourse you would)

Point being, it all depends on whether or not your winning or losing. When you are winning, everything is fine and everyone is happy, but when your not, its the complete opposite.

Actually another point, you used a very poor analogy to get your point across lol

You're right it does come down to winning and losing, your situation isn't a losing situation. A leader, manager, ect. Is supposed to take responsibility for failure with an 'I' - Same with a coach. Griffin is the leader of the offense and can use we but if he's making mistakes he needs to own up to those mistakes. He's not doing that 100%, he's using too much we.

Archived