Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Santana Moss takes exception to Griffin’s failure to take blame

Skinzfever2010

“If we’re going to win games, we need to win games with our guy saying, ‘At the end of the day, I didn’t make a play,’ regardless of if it wasn’t him.  And that’s how I feel.  Because that’s what we’re out there to do.  I’m not sitting here to tell you why it didn’t happen, or who didn’t make the play for me to make a play.  If I’m the guy, that’s at the end of the day have the ball in my hand, and we’re sitting there and the game is over because of me, I didn’t do enough to make the play. I didn’t do enough to help us win.  And that’s what I would do.”

“I don’t need to be going back and forth in the media about who didn’t do this and who didn’t do what,” Moss said.  “At the end of the day, I was seen with the ball in my hand last, as a quarterback I’m saying, and if it didn’t get done then I’m going to let you know it was me.  Whether it was me or not.  It was me.  And I’m going to get better.  And we’re going to get better together.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/19/santana-moss-takes-exception-to-griffins-failure-to-take-blame/

This could get really ugly heading into Monday night  :(   ^_^

What happened to the culture change? I thought Mike inherited a catastrophe 4 years ago. The more things change

ugh  -_-

I like RGIII but dude is getting humbled. Did anyone catch when RGIII was on the ground and one of his linemen "accidentally" moved RGIII's helmet with his foot and no one helped him up?

It may not mean anything, but I'm just saying....

I believe Trent Williams and RGIII get along and have that kind of bond. If you see the way T Williams reacts when RGIII gets a TD or has a big play, he is almost always one of the first to come up to RGIII and embrace him.

The other O-lineman? Who knows but they'll all be gone soon enough anyway.

Im the biggest RG3 fan there is but Moss is 100% right. I dont like what Garcon does all the time because to me it comes off more about him not getting the ball enough or whatever but RG3 does have to take more blame. Alot of the culture problems is coming from RG3's diva/brat attitude.

One thing that I hated so much about Jason Campbell is that it was never his fault. He had an excuse for every int or screwup. He always insuated like it was the WR's fault or guys didnt block enough for him when really it was usally mostly his fault.

RG3 cant become like that because thats when everyone starts to lose respect for you. Media, fans, & teammates. Now its definitely not all his fault and Im not 100% in aggreement with what Moss said because it also sounds like what Jennings was saying about Aaron Rodgers. One thing that is good about RG3 is that he doesnt attack teammates. Just coaches......lol

Ive never seen him throw the line or wr under the bus so thats why I get upset at some of the stuff Garcon says. The same goes with Moss. He has came up small alot but RG3 never throws him under the bus so this is a lil harsh but you cant have the Franchise guy not taking resposibilitly and constsantly going at the coach when its clearly his own fault for alot of the bad stuff that day.

PS- yes, I do know that I said I agree 100% with Moss and then turned around and said I dont agree 100% with him. Sue me....lol

I get it already. Maybe the kid.. THE 23 YEAROLD is a little arrogant but  lets not act like he has no WRs outside of 88 barely any protection, no defense, and no special teams.

Everybody loved him last year when he made a terrible team look decent but now everyone wants to over analyze his arrogance. Wouldn't you be a little arrogant to if you turned a terrible team around in one season?

You do realize he damn near led us to a blowout in the first half against Seattle before his leg gave out. The same Seattle that's dominating the NFC right now.

He is a freaking 23 year old kid. WE NEED CONTEXT PEOPLE.

In a way, he's right, but 1) he's not saying whether or not Griffin is acting that way behind closed doors, and 2) that kind of stuff is better served in house, so he's nt really helping the situation by airing it out publicly

I also wonder if Santana has done the same, with the countless times he's dropped passes here, or fumbled in games.

I said this last spring and kept bringing it up all summer and into the season... The RG act got old, tiring, and it irritated me. My point was that if that is the impression I got from my couch in Oklahoma City, chances are at least some of his teammates and coaches are feeling the same things. Sure, if we were winning it can stay below the surface. But when you lose, frustration mounts and people start saying what they are feeling deep inside.

I would be utterly stunned if Moss is the only guy that feels this way.

RG had this very, very odd insecure reaction to his injury that led him to some very strange behavior dating all the way back to the week leading up the the Cleveland game last year.

It has snowballed from there.

I get it already. Maybe the kid.. THE 23 YEAROLD is a little arrogant but  lets not act like he has no WRs outside of 88 barely any protection, no defense, and no special teams.  Everybody loved him last year when he made a terrible team look decent but now everyone wants to over analyze his arrogance. Wouldn't you be a little arrogant to if you turned a terrible team around in one season? You do realize he damn near led us to a blowout in the first half against Seattle before his leg gave out. The same Seattle that's dominating the NFC right now. He is a freaking 23 year old kid. WE NEED CONTEXT PEOPLE.

Everyone understands that, but all great leaders take the lion's share of the blame when things go bad. RGIII is the QB and the captain that means he's responsible for everything that happens on that field, good and bad.

I said this last spring and kept bringing it up all summer and into the season... The RG act got old, tiring, and it irritated me. My point was that if that is the impression I got from my couch in Oklahoma City, chances are at least some of his teammates and coaches are feeling the same things. Sure, if we were winning it can stay below the surface. But when you lose, frustration mounts and people start saying what they are feeling deep inside.

I would be utterly stunned if Moss is the only guy that feels this way.

RG had this very, very odd insecure reaction to his injury that led him to some very strange behavior dating all the way back to the week leading up the the Cleveland game last year.

It has snowballed from there.

He is a kid. You can't have it both ways Kleese. You can't sing his praises when he turns water into wine last season and now point the finger at him when he isn't mature enough to own up to his mistakes.

Remember all those quotes from our veterans last year saying "he isn't a rookie" "he is the new leader" etc. This comes with the territory.

Robert made this same exact team look great last year and nobody wanted to check his arrogance then. So please miss me with all the righteous bull **** now. Santana is no freaking saint lol he drops so many damn passes on Sunday. 

Now Santana just took a tender situation and made it worse. You go to the media and add fuel to the fire. Good job vet, because that is what we need right now. 

Bye Mike, Jim, Keith, Kyle & Santana

sigh, why cant just remain silent for the good of the team. Just didnt need to be said with everything else going on. 

Oh it needed to be said. I just wish he had said it in the locker room when no cameras or microphones were in the room. But then I guess he felt like Robert threw him under the bus in public so he returned the favor.

He is a kid. You can't have it both ways Kleese. You can't sing his praises when he turns water into wine last season and now point the finger at him when he isn't mature enough to own up to his mistakes.

Remember all those quotes from our veterans last year saying "he isn't a rookie" "he is the new leader" etc. This comes with the territory.

Robert made this same exact team look great last year and nobody wanted to check his arrogance then. So please miss me with all the righteous bull **** now. Santana is no freaking saint lol he drops so many damn passes on Sunday.

Russell Wilson and Luck are are only a year older yet they carry themselves in a much better manner

Oh it needed to be said. I just wish he had said it in the locker room when no cameras or microphones were in the room. But then I guess he felt like Robert threw him under the bus in public so he returned the favor.

what did Rob say? Nothing about Moss or the receivers directly, right?

Russell Wilson and Luck are are only a year older yet they carry themselves in a much better manner

Both are surrounded by better players and didn't have to do nearly as much as Robert did last season. Which is why Robert beat them both for rookie of the year.

Robert was the miracle last year. Why do you think dumb ass didn't want to take him out of the game against SEA. Mike literally rode him until the wheels fell off, waiting and watching to see if he had any miracle left in him.

He was putting on a clinic in the first half against SEA. Russell was on the sideline taking notes. When the kid is healthy next year with weapons I feel for the competition. 

Archived