Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Santana Moss takes exception to Griffin’s failure to take blame

Skinzfever2010

I love Tana, but this is such a hypocritical thing to say.  Don't get me wrong, he has a point, but in making that point, he is basically saying HE is not a team leader and that he is wanting the blame to be placed elsewhere.  As a veteran, he should only be concerned with the plays HE missed.  Does the 13 year veteran NEED the 2nd year QB to come out and say that it was all his fault?  That's why we aren't winning?  For this ridiculousness he deserves the... COME ON MAN!!

the locker room is tense ... 

players are not happy ... 

Santana is pissed because he feels he can do more and probably can (how easy we f'ing forget ... the catch in Dallas last year?)

This is expected and it's probably good ... flush out the crap, find a rallying point, get behind it. 

Its just that we have a very high profile guy on our team so it gets magnified. 

If a Jags WR came out and said something about Gabbert or Henne ... does it make news? No ... is it the same thing, yes, but we are under a microscope. 

You know what I find humorous? When the Skins were winning games last year Robert kept saying "we won because of this" or we returned the ball well on special teams". He even refers to the defense as we..."We got a great stop on 4th and 1 there..."

So is Robert not allowed to say "we" when he's referring to special teams, defense, wide receivers, etc?

Go back and listen to his interviews from last year, Robert refers to everyone as "we."

Why did no one get pissed off last year? Is it only bad when the team is losing?

He's the leader of the team.  Using "we" in those contexts are perfectly fine and preferred.  However, when you noticeable play bad and still use 'we' as a leader and don't use 'I' to own your mistakes that that is an issue.  Let's use the example I used previously:

You and your team build a house and are 95% complete, but your responsibility is the roof and everything comes crashing down.  Do you say we didn't put the house together very well?  Or say we played well overall but I made a mistake in this situation.  You certainly don't leave it as "we didn't do well"

Jesus ... is this guy perfect? 

“I didn’t really want to throw it over his head and out of bounds, so I was a little indecisive.” Brady said after the 24-20 loss. “It wasn’t a great throw. No excuses. It should have been a better throw.”

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/11/tom-brady-takes-blame-for-bad-throw-on-patriots-controversial-final-play-says-he-was-little-indecisive/

Meh, the sky isn't falling, we've just come crashing back down to Earth.  We are a bad football team that simply went on a hell of a run last year due to Griff taking the league by surprise.  Now that the novelty has worn off, we're seeing the same bad football pre-RG3. 

Meh, the sky isn't falling, we've just come crashing back down to Earth. We are a bad football team that simply went on a hell of a run last year due to Griff taking the league by surprise. Now that the novelty has worn off, we're seeing the same bad football pre-RG3.

Yup! You're on point with your analysis. This team is terrible.

If you're worried about your position on the team, you're liable to bite your tongue or make sure you're on the right side of the rock star franchise QB.  

Except the "right side of the rockstar" is the side that he's getting killed on, hyuk hyuk hyuk!!

Wish I could say the same for the rest of them... And myself. I mean this sincerely... I wish something would happen and they would contract or disband the franchise. Or move it to Los Angeles or something so this can all just end.

If they moved to LA, wouldn't they actually be closer to you and you'd end up going to more games? :o

Chad Dukes is a clown.  He basically led Santana into that statement.  Listen to the audio, Dukes intro was "Your QB has his press conference

he basically says nobody got open that's why the pick was thrownhe also says The eagles basically knew everything that was going to 

happen."

Santana even says he didn't listen to the press conference.  He should have been more prepared for these clowns

Lavar and Dukes are just wanna be shock radio sports jocks.  They're terrible, listen how at the end when Moss finishes and they get the answer

they need to get they're names on ESPN and PFT how satisfied they are.

here's the link to the audio segment 2 http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/11/19/moss-the-ball-was-in-rgiiis-hand-last/

Except the "right side of the rockstar" is the side that he's getting killed on, hyuk hyuk hyuk!!

If they moved to LA, wouldn't they actually be closer to you and you'd end up going to more games? :o

I'm smack dab in the middle... About the same either way. But if they moved, it would be a perfect excuse to jump ship... KC is fairly close, maybe I'd root for the Chiefs? I could keep a lot of the same colors and still be ethnically insensitive, so that would work well.

Chad Dukes is a clown.  He basically led Santana into that statement.  Listen to the audio, Dukes intro was "Your QB has his press conference

he basically says nobody got open that's why the pick was thrownhe also says The eagles basically knew everything that was going to 

happen."

Santana even says he didn't listen to the press conference.  He should have been more prepared for these clowns

Lavar and Dukes are just wanna be shock radio sports jocks.  They're terrible, listen how at the end when Moss finishes and they get the answer

they need to get they're names on ESPN and PFT how satisfied they are.

here's the link to the audio segment 2 http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/11/19/moss-the-ball-was-in-rgiiis-hand-last/

What a sec, this was on Lavar and Dukes? Well hot damn I think we have our answer(s) then.

Another round of "lets take an athlete's comment and extrapolate it into anything we can."

Thanks, but no thanks.

Gossip is all it is, ladies. Gossip never helps.

~Bang

But is it gossip if he actually said it? I heard the sound bite.

happen."

This.  Heard Santana and he was reacting to what Lavar and Dukes told him was said.  He never heard what RGIII said.

Guys, I respectfully disagree, this is a veteran receiver that's been around for along time addressing a leadership issue in a young dynamic QB. Which I happen to agree with him. I'm just as huge of a fan of RGIII as the next guy, hell like a lot of you, I brought his jersey too and wear it proudly. There is no excuse for why he threw the ball up for grabs on a 3rd and 1 with a timeout left and 37 seconds left on the clock. Lets Remember that Santana Moss was the one who caught the 3rd and 25 pass to help keep that drive alive. Needless to say there is enough blame to go around for this entire team, from coaches not having creative game plans to players not executing consistently on the field. Anyone Remember Steve Smith addressed Cam Newton the same way about what he say and how he said things in the media last year. Now Cam Newton is in his third year and was actually impressive and enjoyable to watch on Monday Night, and he definitely has Carolina on the up swing. I view RGIII the same way. They both came in their first year and dominated the league and set the league on fire. After teams saw their ability the first year, the second year they had to eat a little humble pie and struggled doing so because teams were better prepared to defend them. This is when players like Santana Moss have to step in, and I'm personally glad he did so. RGIII will be better for this, and cant wait to see him grow and become even a better leader on and off the field.

Spot on dude, wow

What's stopping you? That's why the lord invented chocolate and vanilla. You no like one flavor then move onto the next.

We'll find a way to move on without you.

They'd boot me as soon as they saw my Kevin Durant Thunder gear.... I might be stuck here, which is why franchise elimination might be my only hope.

Archived