Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Santana Moss takes exception to Griffin’s failure to take blame

Skinzfever2010

the sad thing about all of this is you just know that its going to turn into another mega story. It will be all over ESPN & NFL Network. We also play on MNF this week and RG3 is coming off of a terrilbe game. This week is going to be so negative......lol

Maybe in some weird way it will bond the team togehter. They need to have a "real" team meeting where everyone just lays it on  the table about how they feel and on the other end, everyone needs to be recpetive and willing to compromise. i feel like we would be so much better after that

the sad thing about all of this is you just know that its going to turn into another mega story. It will be all over ESPN & NFL Network. We also play on MNF this week and RG3 is coming off of a terrilbe game. This week is going to be so negative......lol

Maybe in some weird way it will bond the team togehter. They need to have a "real" team meeting where everyone just lays it on  the table about how they feel and on the other end, everyone needs to be recpetive and willing to compromise. i feel like we would be so much better after that

Yeah. I'm with you. It sucks but maybe this is a scab that needed to be opened before it can heal.

Santana Moss has lost a lot of respect from me with this **** . When you are on a loosing team and you are not stepping it up in fact you had the ball in your hand last against the vikings and did not have the awareness to get your damn feet down in the endzone and you didn't take any blame, just like you didn't take the blame when you had those key drops and fumbled the game away on countless occasions then **** you essentially... 

You have a problem with RGIII you take it to RGIII and it ends there . You never should throw a guy under the bus and not go running off to the media .

Earlier in the year RGIII hinted that he thought others on the offense needed to play better without nameing names in a PC after the game and essentially got slapped down by Shanahan straight away - saying that once he plays the perfect game then he can talk ... Same goes for Santana ..

I never advocate over reacting to this kind of thing but I would suspend him without pay for conduct detrimental to the team until the end of the season and run with Nick Williams ...

My favorite player was a FS. God Bless the dead but thats due to our team suffering from the lack of a true franchise QB which played a huge role in our identity crisis  the last two decades.

Now we have one and the kid isn't perfect. Nobody is perfect and I'll be damned if some has beens try and make him the scapegoat when they all road his arrogant coattails the year before. 

Mike, you haven't won a Super Bowl since 1998. Thats 6 years removed from when Joe Gibbs led us to our last championship. You got ran out of Denver because your defenses sucked which led to your teams underperforming. You claimed you wanted to take time off to study defenses. You've done a poor job since day 1. The moment you blew up the 4-3. Everything about your tenure save for a few draft picks and our franchise QB (who many argue you traded to much for) has been funky.

... BYE MIKE

Santana, you've been nothing but a great team leader and one the best WRs in Redskins history. Its no secret you've benefited from our poor management and coaching here. You were never a number 1 WR but because of Vinny and a whole host of other reasons you were always out of position and your career stats swelled because of it. It sucked watching big CBs and FS double team you when Chris Cooley and Fred Davis were are only other pass catching options but we made it work. HOWEVER, since 2010 you've been very inconsistent. For every big catch its 5-6 drops. Good luck with the financial issues post football. I'll always love you

... BYE Santana

Robert needs to grow up this offseason be patient guys.

My favorite player was a FS. God Bless the dead but thats due to our team suffering from the lack of a true franchise QB which played a huge role in our identity crisis  the last two decades.

Now we have one and the kid isn't perfect. Nobody is perfect and I'll be damned if some has beens try and make him the scapegoat when they all road his arrogant coattails the year before. 

Mike, you haven't won a Super Bowl since 1998. Thats 6 years removed from when Joe Gibbs led us to our last championship. You got ran out of Denver because your defenses sucked which led to your teams underperforming. You claimed you wanted to take time off to study defenses. You've done a poor job since day 1. The moment you blew up the 4-3. Everything about your tenure save for a few draft picks and our franchise QB (who many argue you traded to much for) has been funky.

... BYE MIKE

Santana, you've been nothing but a great team leader and one the best WRs in Redskin history. Its no secret you've benefited from our poor management and coaching here. You were never a number 1 WR but because of Vinny and a whole host of other reasons you were always out of position and you benefited well from it. It sucked watching big CBs and FS double team you when Chris Cooley and Fred Davis were are only other pass catching options but we made it work. HOWEVER, since 2010 you've been very inconsistent. For every big catch its 5-6 drops. Good luck with the financial issues post football. I'll always love you

... BYE Santana

Robert needs to grow up this offseason be patient guys.

The first thing any head coach will do is to put RG3 in his place

Quick

Fast 

and in a Hurry

Santana Moss has lost a lot of respect from me with this **** . When you are on a loosing team and you are not stepping it up in fact you had the ball in your hand last against the vikings and did not have the awareness to get your damn feet down in the endzone and you didn't take any blame, just like you didn't take the blame when you had those key drops and fumbled the game away on countless occasions then **** you essentially... 

You have a problem with RGIII you take it to RGIII and it ends there . You never should throw a guy under the bus and not go running off to the media .

Earlier in the year RGIII hinted that he thought others on the offense needed to play better without nameing names in a PC after the game and essentially got slapped down by Shanahan straight away - saying that once he plays the perfect game then he can talk ... Same goes for Santana ..

I never advocate over reacting to this kind of thing but I would suspend him without pay for conduct detrimental to the team until the end of the season and run with Nick Williams ...

So RG3 can throw anyone under the bus but no one else can respond? Wonderful. That won't create a monster in any way at all...

The first thing any head coach will do is to put RG3 in his place

Quick

Fast 

and in a Hurry

I'm not mad at that. Be consistent, don't ride his immature arrogant coattails last year when you're asking him to be SuperMan/Black Jesus and it works

BUT

Throw him under the bus the following year when he is still being asked to turn water into wine (and is still immature and arrogant)

Its clear we have no leader in the locker room. LETS GO DAN

Jesus Christ, Santana moss ****ing sucks. This guy has dropped passes and fumbled the ball away in dire situations more than any redskin in recent history I can remember. I'll always be thankful for the Monday night miracle but this dude should've been gone a couple of seasons ago. This whole thing is imploding and Shanahan looks like a friggin clown. Sigh, back to Redskins football I guess...

I'm not mad at that. Be consistent, don't ride his immature arrogant coattails last year when you're asking him to be SuperMan/Black Jesus and it works

BUT

Throw him under the buss the following year when he is still being asked to turn water into wine (and is still immature and arrogant)

His talent is undeniable but when the team is losing, the qb play is subpar, combined with various instances of insecurity, immaturity and arrogance. There is a problem that needs to be nipped in the bud asap.

We need a coach who can take over and galvanize the team.

Its clear the culture hasn't changed here. We're on national TV next Monday and between now and next Monday we're going to be under the microscope.

Remember Zorn's Swinging Gate play against the NYG in 09 after we hired Bruce?  :)

Wait until San Francisco gets ahold of Shanahan's Redskins on MNF  :lol:

Guys, I respectfully disagree, this is a veteran receiver that's been around for along time addressing a leadership issue in a young dynamic QB. Which I happen to agree with him. I'm just as huge of a fan of RGIII as the next guy, hell like a lot of you, I brought his jersey too and wear it proudly. There is no excuse for why he threw the ball up for grabs on a 3rd and 1 with a timeout left and 37 seconds left  on the clock. Lets Remember that Santana Moss was the one who caught the 3rd and 25 pass to help keep that drive alive. Needless to say there is enough blame to go around for this entire team, from coaches not  having creative game plans to players not executing consistently on the field. Anyone Remember Steve Smith addressed Cam Newton the same way about what he say and how he said things in the media last year. Now Cam Newton is in his third year and was actually impressive and enjoyable to watch on Monday Night, and he definitely has Carolina on the up swing. I view RGIII the same way. They both came in their first year and dominated the league and set the league on fire. After teams saw their ability the first year, the second year they had to eat a little humble pie and struggled doing so because teams were better prepared to defend them.  This is when players like Santana Moss have to step in, and I'm personally glad he did so. RGIII will be better for this, and cant wait to see him grow and become even a better leader on and off the field.

Yeah, because Dan has been so successful when he is running things directly. 

The only thing that is clear to me is that you have no clue what is happening in the locker room, you just have an agenda against Shanahan.

His talent is undeniable but when the team is losing, the qb play is subpar, combined with various instances of insecurity, immaturity and arrogance. There is a problem that needs to be nipped in the bud asap.

We need a coach who can take over and galvanize the team.

I can't disagree brother. I'm just stating the hypocrisy by many on the team this season. Robert is a 23 year old immature child genius. He has some growing up to do and  given ample time should mature just fine in this league.

With that said I'm amazed at his poise given the circumstances he's been in here the last two years. Our team has a poor o-line, one WR, RB and a TE. Like many of you point out every day for God Sake, the defense and special teams are JV.

Russell Wilson would be below average on this team. Andrew Luck would probably mirror RG3's success from a statistical aspect but even Luck couldn't account for a weak D/ST.

Robert needs a coach who is going to take him to the next level as professional QB and a man.

Yeah, because Dan has been so successful when he is running things directly. 

The only thing that is clear to me is that you have no clue what is happening in the locker room, you just have an agenda against Shanahan.

I guess me the majority of the board some of our insiders here and national sports reporters have something against Shanahan  :lol:

Ok Michael. Hopefully Robert responds to your letter.

Russell Wilson and Luck are are only a year older yet they carry themselves in a much better manner

Those teams are winning. They both have much better talent around them, especially wilson with that crazy D in Seattle. 

Does anyone else remember Moss grabbing RGIII after the dallast game and saying "just want to lat you know how much I appreciate you, it's been a long time coming."  Hmmm..   now he is problem?

I like Moss but this seems contradictory, just like many of the comments in here who were in awe of RGIII last year. Yes, he looked horrible last week and a few other games this year. Yes, he should probably keep his mouth shut more than he does. But as someone else said, he's 23 coming off major knee surgery, no Oline in front of him, only one WR who can get open and the worst D in Redskins history!  Get some perspective folks!   If he is still stinking it up next year then fine. But this mob mentality is crazy! 

Yeah someone who doesn't have three rings, and hasn't coached SEVERAL HOF QBs. 

Well Michael,

I'll leave you with this nugget before I log off friend. Most NFL coaches don't get the fifth and final year of their contracts. I think its pretty clear Dan is evaluating the product. Had we been 7-3 right now Shan would more than likely have been offered an extension.

With no extension in sight its obvious whats coming next  :mellow:  :).

Enjoy his last 6 games as dictator (pray he doesn't get Robert killed) because a change is looming. 

Goodnight Mike

Mad Mike Said - "So RG3 can throw anyone under the bus but no one else can respond? Wonderful. That won't create a monster in any way at all..."

When has RG3 thrown anyone under the bus ... in fact more accuratly when has RGIII gone out of his way to talk to the media to go and throw someone under the bus ? Moss is a 12-13 year vet he should know better - especially considering his families reputation ...

Also for those saying RGIII didn't take personal responsibility about how the game ended in Philly how did I find this quote seems a lot of personal responsibility here

“We had a certain concept running and nobody got open,” Griffin said. “I was backing up, and we were in a situation where if you get a sack there, it ends the game. I was trying to throw the ball in the back of the end zone. I didn’t get it where I wanted it to go. I was on my heels. It’s something I can learn from.”

The only place you can come for sanity on this board anymore is the breaking news section provided you avoid anything with the foaming mouth WP in the title ..

Yeah someone who doesn't have three rings, and hasn't coached SEVERAL HOF QBs.

Those rings can only cover your ass for so long. They definitely don't make up for the fact that McNabb, Jamaal Brown, Josh LeRibeus and Kirk Cousins were all traded away draft choices or used draft choices 4th round and above that do not contribute to this team. Who's responsible for that? You don't think those 6 draft choices, used more appropriately would've helped build this team? Shanahan has made a myriad of mistakes with this team and save for a miracle run to the playoffs his teams here have been atrocious. If he cannot see Haslett is a problem or that Keith Burns is an terrible coach than we have a lot more problems than an now useless wide receiver running his mouth.

Some of you trashing Santana and targeting his career are funny. He's veteran player and felt the need to say what was on his mind and I'm sure others in the locker room feel the same way. Griifin throwing a pick to end the game and the press conference afterward was the tipping point it seems.

Here's a thought, Santana may be backing his coach and many of the players with his comments. I think Santana is pretty calculated when speaking.

It's undeniable Griff needs to make some changes whether he feels or the media feels he should or not. Reason being, teammates are beginning to foster the same sentiment some media and fans have been talking about. A leader would self evaluate and make necessary changes moving forward. 

Archived