Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who are potential candidates for Dan to Replace Shanny with: GM and Coaching?

88Comrade2000

Pipe dream for me would bring good ol Redskins one up here to Saratoga NY. Give the keys to the club to Bill Parcels and let him build us a team. Pick the coaches and players. I know he had a rough little time in Miami but the guy knows what hes doing and knows how to draft.

Will say, i know this would ever happen but would love it. 

If we fire Shanny after this year, this organization will continue to be the butt of NFL jokes.. Everyone blames the owner.. Everyone will be correct if he does fire this staff..  I see the players have bought into this system, except for one or two players.. You can't be a successful business / organization with a turn over ever three / four years.

Edit.. To clarify.. Position Coaches such as Special Teams and QB coaches are free game.

We are becoming the butt of jokes by not making any changes in the coaching staff. There is no reason why we still have Jim Haslett as our coordinator. 99% of NFL teams would have canned him last season or a year before that. Great organizations make changes when it's reasonable. These mistake have costed us this season and these problems are on the shoulders of Mike Shanahan and the owner who has the GM work under the Head Coach.

Changing unsuccessful head coaches every 2-3 years is normal. It doesn't take 5 years to rebuild. In year 4, you shouldn't look like year 1. The teams that believe in long term rebuilding have went no where. Examples: 2000s Detroit Lions/49ers/Browns.

That article is from 2012 but sounds even more valid today in 2013.

It was like he was seeing into the future, but made it seem like all of the issues are obvious. He kept mentioning how we don't have a "state-of-the-art" scouting and personnel department. He says while Vinny may be gone, their entire scouting/front office structure is still the same.

Snyder is the worst.

I'd be really happy with Bill O' Brien although I personally hope he doesn't leave Penn State yet as he's doing a pretty good job for us right now :D

My guy is still Shaw. Highly doubt he leaves Stanford but this is a guy with a great offensive mind and understands how to motivate his players.

Like Bill O'Brien too but seems like he really wanted the Penn State job hard to see him leaving so soon.

Out of curiosity.....what suit would we be following? We will be following his previous examples.

No coach has even finished his initial contract yet let alone be extended. In the context of reality "following suit" would be firing him at the end of this season.  Or setting a condition that would force him to quit. 

No change in coaching staff please. One scheme. One philosophy. One dictator in the front office. On throat to choke. 

Even if he's a boring at press conference.

Give the current team lots of salary cap room, productive off-season to coach Griffin, oodles of luck with injury avoidance and we will make the playoffs. So will every other team that has these given to them. But we will as well. 

We've lost very close games due to crappy play. I don't think coaches can get Griffin to react faster and be more accurate on a gimpy knee. Even Gruden or some college wiz-kid. Not happening.

I'm so tired of coaching and regime change. We've got good people. They may not be great, but they are good enough to win with. They've held this team together despite some bad years. Had great drafts. Have a QB finally.

Now's not time to confuse the heck out of Griffin with a coaching change!

As far as finding personnel people, I don't think you can look much further than the departments of the 49ers, Seahawks, Bengals, and Packers. Those teams have been consistently loaded with talent these last few seasons.

I like Ken Whisenhunt, Jay Gruden, and Josh McDaniels for HC or OC.

I like Mike Zimmer and Rex Ryan for HC or DC.

I like Mike Zimmer and Rex Ryan for HC or DC.

People overreact too much to the off the field stuff, and don't realize the miracle work Rex has done in his tenure in NY. He's a pretty good head coach, and a defensive guru. They have NOBODY on their roster, the worst RB stable in the NFL and a rookie QB... yet he's probably going to get a wildcard birth.

I really think all this speculation is for nothing. Shanahan comes back next year, scapegoats Haslett and maybe Burns and gets to spend all the cap space. I really don't think that Dan Snyder at this point will blame anyone in the FO save Haslett for the problems of this season.

I'm sure he still feels the sting of the cap penalty and knows what that did to our changes at building a quality roster for two whole years and beyond in all likelyhood. I just can't see Dan firing Mike Shanahan after all the roadblocks that the NFL HQ jerks threw in his way. Mike will right the ship next season or year five will be the last of his 'Skins tenure.

People overreact too much to the off the field stuff, and don't realize the miracle work Rex has done in his tenure in NY. He's a pretty good head coach, and a defensive guru. They have NOBODY on their roster, the worst RB stable in the NFL and a rookie QB... yet he's probably going to get a wildcard birth.

Whatever happens with their remaining 2 games with Miami could determine the Jet's season.  The win and lose every other week; so right now it looks like .500 for them.  So they probably need to win at least one of their 2 games with the Dolphins.

Archived