Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who are potential candidates for Dan to Replace Shanny with: GM and Coaching?

88Comrade2000

I think at least half of the fanbase,me included, is ready for a new head coach in 2014.  

I know one thing,  we need to have a strong GM picking the players and let the coach just coach.

So if we get out wish:

Who are the Top GM candidates out there for Dan to replace GM Shanny with?

Who are the Top coaching candidates out there for Dan to replace Head Coach Shanny with?

The only way I would agree to Shanahan(s) being fired this offseason, is if we got Gruden.

Gruden turned around an awful Raiders franchise and made them perennial contenders and when Al Davis cast him off in Al Davis fashion, he goes to Tampa Bay and beats his old team in the Superbowl.  The Bucs were sort of already a contender, sure, but Dungy could never quite get them to that next level, and Gruden came in made adjustments and got them to the promised land.

The only way I would agree to Shanahan(s) being fired this offseason, is if we got Gruden.

Gruden turned around an awful Raiders franchise and made them perennial contenders and when Al Davis cast him off in Al Davis fashion, he goes to Tampa Bay and beats his old team in the Superbowl.  The Bucs were sort of already a contender, sure, but Dungy could never quite get them to that next level, and Gruden came in made adjustments and got them to the promised land.

Well, we have that MNF game coming up.  You don't think Dan will be having a nice conversation with Jon do you?

Load Redskins 1 up with gold. Fly it down to Waco. Don't return without HC and staff. 

Buy Redskins 2. Load up with more gold. Fly cross Country to LA. Don't return without UCLA DC and any staff he requires. 

This would make me VERY happy. 

Hail. 

Of course, that's assuming that Briles would want Spanos on his staff... And it's also allowing for more nepotism on the team's coaching staff.

I want Briles. Look at what he's done without a recruiting hotbed & a dreadful program before he got there. We need talent evaluators & guys who can make something from nothing. I like Shanahan & Allen's evaluating prowess, but I just don't don't think Shanahan's play calling fits in today's NFL.

There's a very short list of current OC'S that I would consider, & then perhaps Gruden.

Briles is it for me though.

For me:

1. David Shaw

2. Josh McDaniel

3. Jay Gruden

I was thinking about McDaniel the other day. Obviously he had underwhelming results in Denver but a lot of that revolved around the decision to draft Tebow. Did he have locker room problems though? I don't recall one way or the other.

I was thinking about McDaniel the other day. Obviously he had underwhelming results in Denver but a lot of that revolved around the decision to draft Tebow. Did he have locker room problems though? I don't recall one way or the other.

there were a lot of other issues going on there.  But it didn't help that he came in and they lost Cutler and Marshall shortly after.

Didn't he make a ton of awful personnel decisions as well? Things like drafting tebow early, and getting rid of guys like marshall and cutler?

Please no McDaniel.

Archived