Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Vs Eagles Prediction Thread: Pluck The Eagles Or Pluck The Season?

skins island connection

When: Sunday November 17 1:00 p.m. EST

Where: Lincoln Financial Field

This might be the most physical game of the season, or at least thus far, for the Redskins.

Washington limps into Lincoln F.F., coming off an embarrassing loss to the Vikings, a game in which the Redskins were supposed to win.  Like a broken record, it seems that the Redskins cannot put together 60 minutes, or anything close, to a full game on all sides of the ball. Almost like the offense takes a half off and vice versa for the defense. There are flashes of what this team could be, at times looking good on one side or the other, but never at the same time.

The Eagles come off a big win vs a Rodgers-less Packers team, with Nick Foles maturing before our eyes, has played fairly well. Their defense is almost like the Redskins defense; at times look like world beaters, then others look like beaten eggs. But they do have a few dangerous weapons in Jackson and Shady, who have given the Redskins defense fits in the past.

The Eagles  are also in the midst of a home losing streak, losing their last 10 games at home. The Redskins come in embarrassed from the Vikings loss with revenge on their minds, and I fully expect to see a dogfight of a game [ no pun intended ], very physical and quite possibly an entertaining game, depending on how you look at it.

Look for Morris to have a great day, he's been the 1 consistent aspect of the offense, and Garcon's success depends solely on Griffin's ability to get him the ball. without both of those playmakers, it could very well be a long afternoon for the Redskins, but when their backs are against the wall, something happens, good or bad [ doh ].  This could be Haslett's last game, so let's see if he pulls out one last hoorah.

In the end, after the blood sweat and tears have fallen and dried,

Redskins 31

Eagles     27

* just in case kleese sees this, the first one to nail the final score gets a new Redskins cap, so guess correct and hope for the best.

At halftime: 24 - 13 Redskins

End of Reg.: 37 -27 Eagles 

At the end of the first half, Morris will have racked up 102 yds rushing.

In the second half, Kyle will have once again abandoned the run, limiting Al Mo to only 10 yds rushing.

:(

Edit: Moreover, Haslett's D will allow 250 yds (405 total for the entire game) of offense in the second half. Hopefully, it will be enough to pull the plug on this tool.

And don't forget the Eagles' home losing streak; why break precedent? We'll clearly give them the win to break the streak. :(

What I hope for    Skins      38

Iggles      30

What is more likely.....Skins     24

Iggles     35

UGH!! I want us to win this one really bad...

Couple people already hit the nail on the head.  The fact that they have a 10 game home losing streak is the deal breaker for me.  Eagles win 41-31.  A little bit closer to seeing this coaching staff gone is the only positive I'm holding on to right now.  I do believe that RGIII will have another 20 point plus fantasy day for me though  :D

Eagles 38

Redskins 24

I think it's a bit of shootout and close at halftime. We stall on offense a few times in the second half while our D offers very little resistance.

Griffin has another nice game statistically and Morris gains over 100 yards. I think McCoy blows up and Foles has another clean game (2 TDs/0 turnovers).

Boooooo!

This is literally "it".  If we lose this game our season is officially over and you won't hear another peep out of me about playoff chances.

Do we fight or fold?

This game scares the crap out of me.  Foles can't possibly keep this pace up, can he?  Eagles are a remarkable 0-4 at home and 5-1 on the road. 

Maybe RGIII has a little magic left in him.  I'm going to say, somehow we pull this thing off.

Skins 31

Iggles 30

We score with 17 seconds left, give up a big return to midfield and Kerrigan gets a sack as time expires.  I drink a lot during the second half due to the stress of the game and am extremely hungover on Monday.  I probably get in an argument with my wife because it is "just a game" and she doesn't understand why I'm so worked up.

HTTR.

Last time, the Eagles made the Redskins defense look like a bunch of "high schoolers" with too many grossly missed tackles to count.  I don't see them tackling any better this time around.  It won't all fall on the atrocious defense however; the specials teams will make their weekly (or is that weakly?) contribution as well.  The Eagles defense may score a TD, too.  Might as well top it off with a hint of incompetent officiating at the worst possible times.  Final score:

Eagles 38

Redskins 24

For what it's worth, I hope I'm wrong.

The only way the Redskins win this game is if they match touchdowns with touchdowns. The Fecals are going to score and score a lot, can the Redskins keep up? Sure...will they keep up? Probably not.

My prediction:

Redskins 31

Fecals 38

And Westy's internet connection remains intact for THREE weeks in a row.

Archived