Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Vs Eagles Prediction Thread: Pluck The Eagles Or Pluck The Season?

skins island connection

This is literally "it".  If we lose this game our season is officially over and you won't hear another peep out of me about playoff chances.

Do we fight or fold?

This game scares the crap out of me.  Foles can't possibly keep this pace up, can he?  Eagles are a remarkable 0-4 at home and 5-1 on the road. 

Maybe RGIII has a little magic left in him.  I'm going to say, somehow we pull this thing off.

Skins 31

Iggles 30

We score with 17 seconds left, give up a big return to midfield and Kerrigan gets a sack as time expires.  I drink a lot during the second half due to the stress of the game and am extremely hungover on Monday.  I probably get in an argument with my wife because it is "just a game" and she doesn't understand why I'm so worked up.

HTTR.

Lmao! There is NO such thing as just a game if you are a Washington Redskins fan. This **** is personal!

Faint pulse... But everything is dark and blurry, vultures are circling, etc

There is just enough left for a Miracle run... 1 (possibly 2?) more losses though, and this team goes six feet under.

Man, I wish I saw what you saw, but I've been done with this season since Detroit.  I'd LOVE to eat crow, but it's felt like **** since Week 1, and it's just getting worse.

Not even 2011's Whiffin' for Griffin to look forward to as it only helps the Rams.

What a waste of a ****ing year.

Man, I wish I saw what you saw, but I've been done with this season since Detroit.  I'd LOVE to eat crow, but it's felt like **** since Week 1, and it's just getting worse.

Not even 2011's Whiffin' for Griffin to look forward to as it only helps the Rams.

Well I don't see a damn thing either.  :lol:

The only reason I'm still somewhat optimistic is because this division is awful, and no one seems to be head and shoulders above them at the moment. The division is there for the taking. They still sort of control their own destiny. If they win out, or at least go 6-1,, I think they win the East. Fat chance though, I agree... But a chance nonetheless.

NewCliche... great point about not having a #1.  That's been my biggest gripe as well :lol:

Bottom line here, we lose an NFC East game, it's officially over.  So this is the season.

For me, this one will go one of two ways... the Eagles step on our throats immediately and run up the score:

Redskins 23

Eagles 48

The Redskins come out swinging and then don't finish:

Redskins 23

Eagles 38

Take the over and the Eagles minus.  Bring on the Free Agency thread after this one!

I can see the Redskins winning this game and for only one reason.  While Foles has played well the past couple of weeks, almost all of this TD's were either to a WIDE open receiver down the field or a horrible throw that took a ridiculous adjustment by the WR (see Cooper stopping and running 5-yards down the sideline on a underthrown pass) or a lucky bounce (see the 2 DB's missing an easy INT and the ball bouncing to Jackson).  The one and only thing this Redskins defense has done well all year is prevent the big play down-field.  If Philly decides to continue to try and throw downfield, they lose.  If they go to the short passing game and take advantage of their speed, then we'll see if Foles is really any good.

Unfortunately, I still think the speed of their offensive weapons is just too much for the middle of our defense right now.

Philly - 30

Redskins - 27

Eagles 45

Redskins 31

Someone on our defense actually makes a tackle, hence, the Eagles field goal...

HTTR

I can see the Redskins winning this game and for only one reason.  While Foles has played well the past couple of weeks, almost all of this TD's were either to a WIDE open receiver down the field 

Wide open receiver down the field... sounds just like our defense...

Look at the bright side; the 'change the Redskins name' crap is gone, at least for now ! :)

But yea, it sucks to see how this team, year after year, play up or down depending on the opponent, and this year has been mostly down for everyone. What would REALLY suck is if the season is over, Kirk comes in, and lights it up, scoring 40+ points in the rest of the games.

It could happen

Some of you act like we can't ever win another game.  We are 3-3 in our last six games, ya know? 

NewCliche... great point about not having a #1.  That's been my biggest gripe as well :lol:

Bottom line here, we lose an NFC East game, it's officially over.  So this is the season.

For me, this one will go one of two ways... the Eagles step on our throats immediately and run up the score:

Redskins 23

Eagles 48

The Redskins come out swinging and then don't finish:

Redskins 23

Eagles 38

Take the over and the Eagles minus.  Bring on the Free Agency thread after this one!

Sooooooo....either we lose by 15 or 25.  Cool.

I caught the last end of a radio show and from what I understood we are going to put Nick Williams back as punt returner this Sunday.I dont know if that is fact or them just talking.

I am all for bringing him up and putting him in the slot also and see what he can do. He had moments in pre season

just found out via 506sports.com that the skins @ philly game will be shown here in Long Island at 1 PM on Fox 5. being in college in long island, the only 2 NFL teams that get priority is Jets and Giants. Giants play at 4 PM sunday, and Jets i believe play on CBS on sunday. im so happy, so i say the skins will win this one, 35-14. screw philly, they're getting their 11th straight home loss, no matter what any of you say!!! so HA!!! :)

plus, i'll be able to watch the skins vs 49ers MNF game at home (flying home to Virginia that night), and skins vs giants 6 days later on SNF at my dorm room. and i expect a 3 game winning streak :)

thats the homer in me, so **** what anybody else says.

I think the defense gets one stop the entire game. And by stop, I mean that they prevent a TD, but allow a FG.

But that's enough.  The 'Skins will not punt.  

'Skins 49

Eagles 45

'Skins give up 600+ yards in defeat, including at least 1 punt returned for a TD. 

in defeat? huh? how do you have us being defeated, but the score being us 49, them 45...or do you mean giving up 600 yards will be like a defeat? i am so confused.

I'm sorry to disappoint all the naysayers... but we owned Nick Foles in 2012. Two good games and he's suddenly a world-beater? I don't buy it.

Skins will expose him for the mediocre QB he is, just a placeholder until Kelly finds "his guy"

Skins - 31

Eagles - 27

Doesn't matter. Medicore QB or World Beater...any QB looks like Manning against our defense.

Skins will play it close throughout, but fall sort.

Skins 27

Eagles 34

Redskins 74, Eagles 3.

Gotta love Dan T, even a broken watch is right twice a day, I would love it if you right just once this year.  :)

Redskins play 4 solid quarters on offense, defense and special teams party in parking lot with Eagles fans.

Redskins 42

Eagles 38

Well I don't see a damn thing either. :lol:

The only reason I'm still somewhat optimistic is because this division is awful, and no one seems to be head and shoulders above them at the moment. The division is there for the taking. They still sort of control their own destiny. If they win out, or at least go 6-1,, I think they win the East. Fat chance though, I agree... But a chance nonetheless.

I always think of this:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yCFB2akLh4s&feature=youtu.be&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DyCFB2akLh4s%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

Archived